Jordan Jones

Who in our current team does he start ahead of? How about Aberdeen's team, even? Celtic's team? No chance. He's not good enough to even be considered.

Obviously he is being considered because we’ve signed him.

We need a squad I really hope he shoves the negativity down a lot of people’s throats.

In saying that Kent is getting it now so what chance have you got.

Didn’t even make the bench for Killie today.

Summer recruitment is going to be massive for us, especially if we lose Morelos or Tav. Signings like this really do not inspire any confidence in our recruitment team. Do they?

Our success rate needs to be much, much better this summer. Its a bit worrying.

Am I right in thinking you've posted this before?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: he is rated higher than he should be on here because he plays for NI.

We have played killie about 20 times in past 3/4 years and not once have i watched a game and thought that Jones could do a job for us

Infact to be blunt i think hes horseshit Chris Burke is better and Jones wouldnt get a game for Aberdeen or Hearts Hibs etc

Just my opinion hope he proves me wrong

I cannot recall Jones ever standing out against us, nor having a performance where I thought he was destined for bigger things. I genuinely don’t see him improving us much, if at all. I would love to eat my words, and will happily do so if he can lift his game.

I know I'm not going to endear myself to anyone who has posted on this thread, but I really can't stand this attitude at all.

We seem to have reached peak entitlement glory hunting greeting faced nonsense. Same folk moaning about Jones who would most likely happily see us bankrupt ourselves just to sign players that will make you happy.

Used to us writing players off after under 5 games. But 0 games??

I know I'm not going to endear myself to anyone who has posted on this thread, but I really can't stand this attitude at all.

We seem to have reached peak entitlement glory hunting greeting faced nonsense. Same folk moaning about Jones who would most likely happily see us bankrupt ourselves just to sign players that will make you happy.

I couldn’t agree more the response to his signing has been a disgrace.

He is no better than we currently have another signing error IMO

Bizzare way to speak about a fan base put through humiliation and hell for the last 7 years and without winning anything

Player in form dip after signing a pre-contract elsewhere shocker.

It happens, I’m sure remember the footballing god that is Brian Laudrup suffering from similar after he’d signed for Chelsea

I don't get this signing, it's not like he's a young player we might see potential in and he's certainly not someone who instantly improves our first 11. What worries me with this kind of signing is that we don't trust any of the younger lads to come in to the squad and do a job.

Bizzare way to speak about a fan base put through humiliation and hell for the last 7 years and without winning anything

Pretty much the definition of entitlement bud. Those who have rightly stuck by the club now feel the club owes them better than Jordan Jones.

That's entitlement.

Maybe, just maybe young Jones has the balls to play for Rangers unlike some of the sand dancers that are currently there who's jerseys are obviously too heavy for them. We will find out next season.

I think we’ll see a few investment type players who are bought cheap/free with a view to selling on.

They’ll be loaned to see If they do well.

Just my thoughts.

Can’t see major money coming in any other way.

Jones comes in and replaces Middleton on the bench. He's not coming in to take a starting slot.
Young Middleton will go out on loan

Would like to see this deal ripped up if possible. Barely features for the mob he's at now. Laughed off the park by St Boo fans other night.

Not good enough and seems a dislikeable sort as well. Not a Stevie G signing.

I think he’s rotten tbh and I’ve thought that before we were even reported to be interested. Nowhere near the standard required.

An absolutely mystifying signing. A very poor player.
He’s not a poor player.
He isn’t Laudrup or Kanchelskis.
What’s the worst thing hat can happen here?
He doesn’t make his mark and we sell him on?
Remember, any fee will be a gross profit.

Genuinely can’t believe we’ve signed him.

If we don’t get our act together our support will turn angry next season.

He’s not a player who will change our team.

Need quality and heart in abundance and build another core plus more to the team or it will be sickening.

Didn’t even make the bench for Killie today.

Summer recruitment is going to be massive for us, especially if we lose Morelos or Tav. Signings like this really do not inspire any confidence in our recruitment team. Do they?

Our success rate needs to be much, much better this summer. Its a bit worrying.
This signing worries me ..... A lot

He’s not a poor player.
He isn’t Laudrup or Kanchelskis.
What’s the worst thing hat can happen here?
He doesn’t make his mark and we sell him on?
Remember, any fee will be a gross profit.
Sell him for what, 100k? We’ll have spent more on his signing on fee & wages.

I totally disagree with the whole “awk hes a free agent so who cares” mantra regarding Jones & Shinnie. They will still cost us money, and waste funds the club needs to invest in players that improve our team.

Sell him for what, 100k? We’ll have spent more on his signing on fee & wages.

I totally disagree with the whole “awk hes a free agent so who cares” mantra regarding Jones & Shinnie. They will still cost us money, and waste funds the club needs to invest in players that improve our team.
Which would then come of the gross profit to leave a nett profit.

A mediocre player and a poor signing the calibre of player we need must be better than the likes of Jones.

Indiana Jones would be a better signing than him.

It's hardly writing him off before a ball is kicked when he plays in this league , and we've all seen him against us loads in the last cpl seasons and he's been poor.

He doesn't score many , doesn't set up many and hasn't looked like he has much in his locker to beat a man either. A truly baffling signing.

The squad needs wide forwards who can chip in with goals , Jones isn't going to add that.

Reactions: MSF
It's hardly writing him off before a ball is kicked when he plays in this league , and all seen him against us loads in the last cpl seasons and he's been poor.

He doesn't score many , doesn't set up many and hasn't looked like he has much in his locker to beat a man either. A truly baffling signing.
Its a head in the sand view from A) people that haven’t really watched him B) people that refuse to admit hes shite because hes signing for us.

Rather than actually watching him and being honest. He has never been good enough for us, its not just a wee dip in form.

Back