Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones played I think it was 45 minutes in the Rangers development game today against Brentford B. Docherty and Stewart also played.

Thanks for the update mate as I actually had forgotten about Jones and he is a far superior player in every way to Brandon Barker. Looked good earlier in the season.

Stewart is a reasonable player too mind you.

Last edited:
I think folk are pinning too many hopes on Jones being the missing link. He’s better than Barker but I don’t see him being the answer.

I’m totally up for him proving me wrong of course.

I wouldn’t say that I’d say it’s more to do with him really coming on to a game earlier this season before he stupidly injured himself at Ibrox against the mentally challengeds.

Ojo’s performances, or lack there of, along with Barker not really doing much only adds to the desire to see Jones back in the team as well as many hoping to see Greg Stewart get more starts/minutes.

I’d certainly like the option to be going in to the run of games before the break with a front three of Kent, Morelos & Jones than I would without.

I’m confident he’ll be a big player for us in the second half of the season and I say that as someone who wasn’t particularly enamoured with his signing in the summer.

The team is a bit left side heavy in midfield, we also have Jamie Murphy on contract until the summer of 2021, he seems to have been forgotten about.

Would love to be wrong but I don’t see Jones being the answer long term. Seems he’s gotten better while not playing which happens a lot on here.

I wouldn’t say that I’d say it’s more to do with him really coming on to a game earlier this season before he stupidly injured himself at Ibrox against the mentally challengeds.

Ojo’s performances, or lack there of, along with Barker not really doing much only adds to the desire to see Jones back in the team as well as many hoping to see Greg Stewart get more starts/minutes.

I’d certainly like the option to be going in to the run of games before the break with a front three of Kent, Morelos & Jones than I would without.

I’m confident he’ll be a big player for us in the second half of the season and I say that as someone who wasn’t particularly enamoured with his signing in the summer.

He’ll play a part and be useful I don’t doubt that. By the same token Ojo has already played his part in some matches. I just don’t see Jones being that final piece in what is our one position we don’t have a first pick. I’m delighted if he turns out to be.

I think folk are pinning too many hopes on Jones being the missing link. He’s better than Barker but I don’t see him being the answer.

I’m totally up for him proving me wrong of course.

He's getting better & better the longer he is missing. Will be useful for counter attacking games but remains to be seen whether he can unlock a stuffy defence

I'm struggling to believe that at least one in this team wouldn't have had more impact than Barker. He must be great in training because his appearances haven't merited being anywhere near the First team, especially in critical matches.

I know not everyone will rate him, but he'll be a hugely useful player for us to have. Direct and will never hide.

Middleton is a far superior player to Barker never mind Jones and Stewart. This was a ludicrous signing.

I still think he was signed as we thought we weren't getting Kent.

I don't imagine he lasts here past this season as things stand and certainly not if Middeton and Hastie come back and are considered as part of the 1st team plans next year.

I still think he was signed as we thought we weren't getting Kent.

I don't imagine he lasts here past this season as things stand and certainly not if Middeton and Hastie come back and are considered as part of the 1st team plans next year.
Going by reports I very much doubt Middleton and Hastie will be part of our squad next season.Both are very similar in style,very much one trick ponies, and not really very good

Going by reports I very much doubt Middleton and Hastie will be part of our squad next season.Both are very similar in style,very much one trick ponies, and not really very good

I've barely seen anything of them other than a few highlights so you might well be right.

However, that's the sort of thing that was labelled at Jones before he signed for us and he was starting to show, before an act of lunacy which has cost us, that he was more than that.

I saw enough of Middleton for us in a few games last year to think there's at least something about him and I'd rather we used a player like him from the youth ranks than continue to sign players who are on slightly higher wages given where they've come from on the premise they have a bit more experience when they're no more than squad fillers themselves.

It's a bit of a myth that Middleton is some kind of one-trick pony, Greg Wylde-lite. He has plenty in his locker and wouldn't have been near the team if that was the case.

He's better than Forrest was at the same age. Folk just need to give him time.

Cutting it as a young player who plays on the wing at Ibrox, though. What a gig. Many of our supporters have no patience when it comes to these things and expect every player to be like Laudrup.

It's a bit of a myth that Middleton is some kind of one-trick pony, Greg Wylde-lite. He has plenty in his locker and wouldn't have been near the team if that was the case.

Cutting it as a young player who plays on the wing at Ibrox, though. What a gig. Many of our supporters have no patience when it comes to these things and expect every player to be like Laudrup.
The massive difference being that the boy can finish.

That's correct we really need to give these players time to develop and improve their skill set the likes of Hastie Middleton ,McCrorie are still youngsters let's see how much they have improved in 2-3 years

not really he was playing well for us before he got injured
Maybe mate, but I think I read on here he was only selected 5 out of 13 games. Before he was injured. If that’s true it’s hardly stellar. The problem we have also is we need a right winger with a left foot, Jones is more left wing with a right foot

Maybe mate, but I think I read on here he was only selected 5 out of 13 games. Before he was injured. If that’s true it’s hardly stellar. The problem we have also is we need a right winger with a left foot, Jones is more left wing with a right foot
true but he is a better option than barker thats for sure!

Back