Jordan McMillan Signs For Pollok.

Looked a class above last season , knocked back a few “ big “ junior clubs I believe good signing for lok

A move not to be sniffed at.
giphy.gif

Didn’t even realise he got back into football after his ban.

Same here. I always remember seeing him in his first game for us in a League Cup tie at Dens Park. I think Danny Wilson made his debut that night as well. Thumb was playing for Dundee and scored a very good goal direct from a free kick. He gave the Bears the fingers late on when we were winning 3-1.

Captain of the Rangers double winning youth team and playing for a junior team 10 years later.

Imagine that being your drop off with very little done in the years inbetween too.

Such a waste of an opportunity.

Wait a minute - Jordan McMillan is 31? How the feck did that happen?
I see that report has him as a right back, I always thought he was a centre half.
Just what i was thinking. Met him at one of the hospitality suites after a match, when he was still a youth player. Seemed like yesterday!!

Can remember him playing full back a few games for the first team and thinking he had a chance as well.

Hopefully he's got his life back on track after some mistakes.

I am sure Robert Prytz was paid ok money to play for them too, must have a bit more dough than we think but doubt it will be more than £700 a week.

Some of the money flying about at 'junior' level is mad. Darvel signing a player directly from Falkirk. Ross Perry had signed for them last season as well.

I know a good few guys who played junior because they made more money and it was less travelling than if they were playing League 1/2.

I've met Jordan, decent guy, poor life choices. I wish him all the best. Certainly could have made it at a higher level, but he would have been the first to say that himself.

Think the jokes or strange posts are reference to McMillan and taking drugs. Sure coke was involved but dunno if he was smoking dope as well?

He wasnt on big money at Dumbarton and rarely featured. Probably down to injuries more than anything else as he still looked decent enough when he did play. The Sons secured the loan signing of Sam Wardrop in the January window and that really left nowhere for McMillan to play. The money difference between League One and top end of this new set-up won't be huge. Some former junior teams were paying £400+ to their top earners and that puts them on a level with a lot of League One and League Two wages. Kelty were splashing the cash and EK have signed some players this summer who would otherwise still be league players.

When I spoke to a Kilmarnock player a few years back cammy Bell was their highest earner on £1500 a week . People need to realise that outwith the old firm , hibs hearts and the sheep , very few players will be on more than £1000 a week in the whole of Scotland . Probably less these days as the leagues gone downhill since then .

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit don't you know? To drop from a senior league 1 team to go junior, it must be worthwhile financially was my point but I'm pretty sure you knew that.
Not taking sides here, but I believe the full saying is 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... but the highest form of intelligence". As i say, not taking sides, but there is certainly a place for sarcasm in life.

Not taking sides here, but I believe the full saying is 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... but the highest form of intelligence". As i say, not taking sides, but there is certainly a place for sarcasm in life.
Granted. Not relating to what I said though, that was merely a reasonable observation/bit of speculation that the move to junior level must have been worthwhile financially. I know and he knows that he's not moving to Real Madrid, it was just an attempt at being a smart arse.

He is still running about in the same circles dipping his hand into all different pies so to speak. He will never learn.

Was out in Canada for a while coaching. Would have been better off trying to stay out there and keeping his nose clean pardon the pun.

Decent guy but always getting caught up in the wrong crowd which at 31 you should really know better.

Granted. Not relating to what I said though, that was merely a reasonable observation/bit of speculation that the move to junior level must have been worthwhile financially. I know and he knows that he's not moving to Real Madrid, it was just an attempt at being a smart arse.
Oh I agree as in I doubt if there's much of a difference wagewise in playing for say Stirling Albion and Pollock. He must be doing it for his own personal benefit, and is obviously not after a 'bigger team' move.
Yes the site is full of smart arses. Maybe when I grow up and become be a well known member I can be one too.

Back