Jordan Rossiter has no part to play at Rangers after being told to find new club

There were no individual players mentioned when Gerrard was speaking about trimming the squad. He may be one of the guys he was referring to in his interview but the fact he is absent is lazy journalism. Easy story for the Sun. I personally think he will be moved on, not for any other reason that Gerrard wants his own player in that position.

lets not sugar coat it, getting 30k a week off the wage bill once rossiter and dorrans leave will be a huge plus

as nice as they are , they have contributed nothing in their time here (granted its down to injuries) but we need to be utterly ruthless given our financial position and shocking purchases of late (grezda, lafferty etc etc)

He’s never really shown for us. He’s been capable when played but never a true standout, even in that hibs game. It’s unfair to demand him to be exceptional but when you only play 11 games you have to be to get an extension. If he was the player that we all wanted him to be then he’d have set league 1 on fire. He didn’t. He did about as well as Docherty who we see as a development prospect.

I really hope for his sake he proves me wrong and goes onto the career he looked to have ahead of him as a teenager. But I wouldn’t put money on it. And we’d have to put quite a lot of money on it to keep him beyond next year. I’d rather that went towards wages to attract a good standard of third choice striker.

Only thing i’d disagree with would be if this is suggesting he will be released. We shouldn’t do that. We should be looking for a fee from someone who will take the gamble. If not then we should keep him in the squad or loan him out again in the hope that he does make it. At that point it’d be a free bet so why not take it?

We've spent £1000's rehabing his guy over the years. I think it's probably wishful thinking bordering on delusion that that'll be him injury free and ready to thrive

Really sad, I think we all grew attatched to him because his attitude is fantastic but as a pure business dicision it makes sense to get him off the books.

We have gone as far as we can with him and we now have better options.
Good luck JR hope you recover completely and go on to have a successful career.

If true ,a bit disappointed but that's life.

On a personal note , I think he will become a mainstay for some team, if he can stay fit.

If he goes, it will be interesting to watch how it pans out.

Was rumoured over the weekend as club had told press originally he was due in Portugal

However seems there is strong interest

Had originally posted it Summer transfer thread along with loads other rumours
Is it possible that something developed over the weekend and we now have interest in someone that takes his place?

Where in there does it say Rossiter has been told to find new club????

It doesnt.

I think Rangers have invested too much time and money not to give him one last chance now that hes stayed fit for the longest in his career.
The second paragraph

Not a surprise tbh.

Out of Docherty, Dorrans & Rossiter I would have kept Docherty. He is younger and fitter than the other two. We couldn't have kept all 3 as we have too many midfield options now.

I think we all wanted Rossiter to work out. His attitude has been first class and he’s clearly a talent. However, Gerrard will be ruthless in building a squad that can be good enough, consistent enough and fit enough to win the title.

None of us know if Rossiter can match those requirements so if - and it’s a big if as this seems like guesswork by the gutter rag - Gerrard sees him as surplus to requirements, we have to trust the manager. One season at Bury is not enough to convince me either so I was hoping we’d see more of him this season to form our own opinion. But at the end of the day Gerrard has seen a lot of Rossiter in his time at both Liverpool and Rangers and he knows a thing or two about midfielders and what he needs.

Really great for both parties....we can't pay him that for no return and he needs to get his career back on track.

Gutted. The lad is a player. Technical ability and football brain are excellent.

I am sure he will go on to have a great career. If he stays clear of injury he has all the tools to make it a really great midfielder. Very surprised in SG - i thought he would have stuck with Rossiter a bit longer. In terms of ability and technical aspects of his game he is way ahead of McCrorie for example - and I'd say he has more to his game than Jack. I think that will be proven in years to come. If true, we're letting him go just as he is getting going. That's frustrating.

Pure guesswork from The Sun.

They've just taken the players who have been left at home for maybe perfectly good reasons & said they are for the off.

Having said that with Rossiter I think there's a player in there but how long do you give him? There comes a point where you have to cut your losses & maybe this is it.

Honestly can't understand why some people on here are disappointed that he is going.
He has played about 10 games for us over 2 seasons.
For the wage he will be on I think it would be far better spent elsewhere, he has had more than enough time.
Dorrans 17 games yet folk seem more keen to give Rossiter a chance.
Strange.

Feel sorry for the lad but after 3 years it’s time to admit things are not going to work out.

Hopefully we insert some kind of sell on clause if he signs for another club and cover our bases.

A shame if true. Would have liked to see him being given the chance. The fact he stayed fit playing for Bury suggests his injury problems are behind him. In that case you can only conclude Gerrard has made the decision he simply isn't good enough. Give that we have to trust his judgement.

In saying that though the article doesn't mention Rossiter whatsoever though it wouldn't be hard to believe that he has no future with us.

He's had 4/5 weeks off already mate.

The fact he's not in Portugal leads me to believe this

You mean you want rid of him so post a non story from Sun were it doesn’t mention anything about Rossiter being told to find another club

Rudden not in Portugal is he leaving?

Honestly can't understand why some people on here are disappointed that he is going.
He has played about 10 games for us over 2 seasons.
For the wage he will be on I think it would be far better spent elsewhere, he has had more than enough time.
Dorrans 17 games yet folk seem more keen to give Rossiter a chance.
Strange.

It’s a fair point. I also remember more individual pieces of brilliance from Dorrans in those 17 games than I recall from Rossiter.

Really hope Rossiter gets his career back on track but he’s just never really shown it for us, even in the limited chances he has had.

You mean you want rid of him so post a non story from Sun were it doesn’t mention anything about Rossiter being told to find another club

Rudden not in Portugal is he leaving?
Did you not read the thread, I explicitly say I wouldn't get rid of him

Rudden turned up to pre season in crutches

Another part of the learning curve for Gerrard - and he seems to be handling it really well.

I'm struggling to understand why so many people rate him so highly on here?

3 years, 11 appearances with only 1 semi decent game against Hibs amongst that 11.

Fair enough imo. There are 6 or 7 midfielders ahead of him (if Aribo signs) and only 2 or 3 positions up for grabs.

Desperately unlucky with injuries, hope he can go on to have a good career at a decent level.

You have to trust Steve G, I thought Rossiter would have been giving more off a chance but clearly not. We have Davis, McCrorie and Docherty now so we have plenty options going forward. The squad is improving. For me i would have added Halliday and Candeias to that list. Maybe a little harsh but they are not title winning players.

If that ia the case then i wish him nothing but good luck. Seemed to do quite well during his loan spell, probably has a few decent offers

Can you imagine the heartbreak of being told by your boyhood hero that you are not wanted?

Very unlucky with injuries but he's been with us for the past 3 years and few of us will genuinely think he has a chance of now breaking into the team. Given that he did well at Bury last season I don't think he'll have any problem in finding a club down there, albeit in one of the non-EPL divisions.

If it is true then I hope we get a fee for him. As the story says he had an outstanding season at Bury so should have a price
Mate, theres a few players on this forum that arent far off Bury standard. He goes with best wishes but Gerrard needs guts that can play 50 games a season

Rossiter needs to be given till January. If it's the same old then get rid. He'll have made a few million quid off us come the end of his contract. Not bad for a young guy.

Rossiter needs to be given till January. If it's the same old then get rid. He'll have made a few million quid off us come the end of his contract. Not bad for a young guy.
He'd be available on a pre contract if that happened, if he's not getting a new deal then he has to go now

Good luck to him but he is on a big wage and we need people we can rely on actually being able to play. Wish him well.

He was fit for months before going on loan. I think some just have to admit that he hasn't lived up to any promise he may have shown. Shame for the lad but we can't afford sentiment

He was fit but not match fit. He went on loan to get minutes under his belt because we couldn't give him that here.

Still better than Ryan Jack IMO.

I can understand why he would be sold given the history but I personally would love to see him get another season if fully fit. The boy clearly has something to give.

They say Rossiter is off but that Gerrard found it difficult telling the four of them they’re off.

I tend not to believe these until they happen
Remember all the papers saying Halliday was told to find a new team last summer , would be heart broken if Jordan left after finally getting back to fitness , genuinely love the kid , no time for sentiment I suppose

No offence, I’ve seen many examples of comments similar to yours, but I can’t get my around them.

Why would you be heartbroken and why do you genuinely love the kid? What has he done to deserve such affection?

Being disappointed and liking the boy is more appropriate, no?

Back