Jordan Rossiter has no part to play at Rangers after being told to find new club

It's in the Daily Mail too mate.

It would appear Gerrard has privately briefed the journalists on which players aren't in his plans.

Feel a bit sorry for Jordan, as he never really got a break in his time with us, due to the uneven growth condition.

However, Gerrard clearly knows which players he feels are up to the challenges we face in the coming season.

I'm sure Jordan will go on and have a successful career.

I wish him well.
Gerrard had growth related injury absences early in his career too so at least he, of anyone, will understand the he situation and what might still be possible or not.

lets not sugar coat it, getting 30k a week off the wage bill once rossiter and dorrans leave will be a huge plus

as nice as they are , they have contributed nothing in their time here (granted its down to injuries) but we need to be utterly ruthless given our financial position and shocking purchases of late (grezda, lafferty etc etc)

Sense at last. Most seem to think we're running a benevolent fund.

I'm a hue SG fan. But i do question if this is the right thing.

For me Rossiter is miles ahead in terms of ability and technical level than Ross McCrorie. I'd be keeping Rossiter over McCrorie all day. And I'd say he has more to his game than Jack.

SG is fantastic - love him. But he has made bad decisions in the past with Lafferty, Sadiq, Grezda. I think this will prove to be another.

No offence, I’ve seen many examples of comments similar to yours, but I can’t get my around them.

Why would you be heartbroken and why do you genuinely love the kid? What has he done to deserve such affection?

Being disappointed and liking the boy is more appropriate, no?
Because I admire his determination and how highly he speaks of our club , coupled with the genuine passion he has for the club ? I’m not a very negative person and as someone who has had really bad injury troubles from 15 to my current age of 19 I sympathise with a kid who is desperate to play football but can’t , especially when he’s a good player . Apologies if that doesn’t suit you , everyone has there favourite players

If this is true, hope he would have signed a new contract, after all the care and time given to him by the club, so that we could sell him on for more.

Why would you give somebody you want out the door a new contract?? Not as if he is a hugely valuable asset and he could just say bugger it I am sitting tight on my new improved contract.

Because I admire his determination and how highly he speaks of our club , coupled with the genuine passion he has for the club ? I’m not a very negative person and as someone how has had really bad injury troubles from 15 to my current age of 19 I sympathise with a kid who is desperate to play football but can’t ,
especially when he’s a good player . Apologies if that doesn’t suit you , everyone has there favourite players
Further more as many people
Because I admire his determination and how highly he speaks of our club , coupled with the genuine passion he has for the club ? I’m not a very negative person and as someone how has had really bad injury troubles from 15 to my current age of 19 I sympathise with a kid who is desperate to play football but can’t , especially when he’s a good player . Apologies if that doesn’t suit you , everyone has there favourite players
Also the fact as a 19 year old kid he was the only one with balls to come out and speak after our most embarrassing European result In our history says something , in my opinion

Would anyone really notice if he wasn't there, im struggling as to why so many peoples are bigging him up, he has been a massive disappointment

Because I admire his determination and how highly he speaks of our club , coupled with the genuine passion he has for the club ? I’m not a very negative person and as someone how has had really bad injury troubles from 15 to my current age of 19 I sympathise with a kid who is desperate to play football but can’t , especially when he’s a good player . Apologies if that doesn’t suit you , everyone has there favourite players

Fair enough. Your experiences mean you can empathise with him. Okay, I understand now.

But, like you said, no time for sentiment.

Can we take this article as gospel? I see nothing specific in it relating Rossiter. I think I will wait for the official confirmation before offering my thanks.

For me Rossiter is miles ahead in terms of ability and technical level than Ross McCrorie. I'd be keeping Rossiter over McCrorie all day. And I'd say he has more to his game than Jack.

SG is fantastic - love him. But he has made bad decisions in the past with Lafferty, Sadiq, Grezda. I think this will prove to be another.

mcrorie has had two cracking games against the mentally challengeds, at the piggery in the 0-0 game we should've won and the 1-0 game at Ibrox. I can honestly never seen rossiter getting a game nevermind turning in those level of performances but you have him ahead of mcrorie, based on what?

You've got to think that there will be no better judge of a midfielder's potential and ability than Gerrard and McAllister mate.

Think we need to trust them on this.

mcrorie has had two cracking games against the mentally challengeds, at the piggery in the 0-0 game we should've won and the 1-0 game at Ibrox. I can honestly never seen rossiter getting a game nevermind turning in those level of performances but you have him ahead of mcrorie, based on what?
Hibs 5-5 game he had a good game but that’s about it

His overall game is better than McCrorie's. Rossiter out scores him on touch, control, composure, passing, awareness (plays with his head up), vision, timing of tackles and link up play. All key to a midfielder. McCrorie has so much room for improvement in every single one of these areas.

As I've said before give him the preseason to see if he can cut it and play him in the friendlies. Now he's injury free we might see the player we thiught we were getting and if we sold him and he ends up different class then everyone on here wanting him gone will be the first to moan that we let him go for buttons. The lad deserves the chance if he's not up to standard fair enough but if we let him go I could prove a big mistake for us.
He's captained all England and Liverpools youth squads the gaffer has spoke really highly of him in a couple times. if he plays a cracking season for us we could be looking to sell him for millions. We've stuck by him for 3 years and he's been nothing but respectful and grateful to our club. He deserves a chance and us as fans should be willing to give him the chance. He only has 12 months left on his deal we've waited this long a don't see the harm in keeping him round another year to prove himself. The boys still young and the run of games at Bury should help in come into our preseason sharper than he's been and raring to go

Rossiter will be on £15k+ a week, couldn't string 3 games together for us and his mentality has been questioned.

That is too much for a backup player

McCrorie will be on at least half of that, mentality not questionable, fit and can play games when needed.

It is simply sense.

You've got to think that there will be no better judge of a midfielder's potential and ability than Gerrard and McAllister mate.

Think we need to trust them on this.
I know what you are saying mate. But even the best can get it wrong from time to time. I just think this is one we may live to regret.

5-5 at Easter Road. He was the best player on the park for almost 70 minutes against McGinn, Allan and McGeogh.

It might be time to go but if he stays fit then someone is getting a really good player for next to nothing.

All Manager's will make 'errors of judgement'/things may not work out when delving into the loan and transfer market.

I can't quite understand your pretty baseless claims that a player is miles ahead of McCrorie and Jack and your train of thought in holding onto a player who is injury ravaged at the expense of one 1st team pick and one player who would seem to be developing well enough at Ibrox.

I’d be keeping Rossiter before Docherty. I know they’re different types of cm but Rossiter is the far more talented of the 2 for me.

You may be right based on ability, but 10 games in 3 years at around £10k a week, makes sense to cut losses.

All that time and effort to let him go now , can see it coming back to bite us .
Realistically, he's not getting into the team.

Getting a sell on clause for him now rather than him leaving for nothing next summer seems ideal

Where in there does it say Rossiter has been told to find new club????

It doesnt.

I think Rangers have invested too much time and money not to give him one last chance now that hes stayed fit for the longest in his career.
Invested too much time not to get a transfer fee of sorts from his time which would be the case in January under Bosman pre contract.

I’d be keeping Rossiter before Docherty. I know they’re different types of cm but Rossiter is the far more talented of the 2 for me.

I can see Docherty being sold as well as I can't see a place in the team for him.

You may be right based on ability, but 10 games in 3 years at around £10k a week, makes sense to cut losses.
That was then, this is now. He's 22, has now had a full season under him and he is ready to go again.

I think we'd be getting rid at the worst possible time.

There’s no mention of Rossiter in SG’s comments but anyone who’s not made the Portugal trip and their absence isn’t accounted for is surely on the way out

Yeah, true. Some guys are lucky I guess and others not so much. I guess there is only so much you can do in terms of conditioning, strength exercises, diet, etc. and sometimes nature takes over, especially in contact sports.

I've seen plenty of young elite triathletes I trained with/competed against go through 2 years of hell, as their muscles tried to keep pace with the growth of their bodies.

You can try and minimise the problem with strength and conditioning exercises, but nothing takes the problem away completely.

All Manager's will make 'errors of judgement'/things may not work out when delving into the loan and transfer market.

I can't quite understand your pretty baseless claims that a player is miles ahead of McCrorie and Jack and your train of thought in holding onto a player who is injury ravaged at the expense of one 1st team pick and one player who would seem to be developing well enough at Ibrox.
As I said - all Rossiter's ability levels in all areas are better than McCrorie's. No offence to big Ross, but his passing is very poor and his touch and composure on the ball is lacking. He doesn't look comfortale on the ball. I still don't believe he is a natural midfielder. Time will tell on that.

His overall game is better than McCrorie's. Rossiter out scores him on touch, control, composure, passing, awareness (plays with his head up), vision, timing of tackles and link up play. All key to a midfielder. McCrorie has so much room for improvement in every single one of these areas.

I think you've been dreaming of rangers games with Rossiter playing in midfield.

McCrorie beats Rossiter hands down in terms of actually doing something in a rangers shirt.

I think we've been more than patient with him tbh. I don't think anyone genuinely believes he's going to make it here long term.

If it's true it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him and hopefully he can go on and have a good career somewhere.

Hope we put a sell on clause in here.

All the best Jordan.

Our management team are ruthless just whats required.

I think we've been more than patient with him tbh. I don't think anyone genuinely believes he's going to make it here long term.

16 games in 2 and 1/2 years.

8 league appearances in 2 1/2 years.

17 games in League 2 in England in the 2nd half of last season.

33 games in 3 full seasons.

We would be fucking stupid to persist with him.

As I said - all Rossiter's ability levels in all areas are better than McCrorie's. No offence to big Ross, but his passing is very poor and his touch and composure on the ball is lacking. He doesn't look comfortale on the ball. I still don't believe he is a natural midfielder. Time will tell on that.

I wouldn't totally go with that mate.

Rossiter is clearly the better passer of the two and possibly the more natural midfielder, but Ross is quicker, better in the air and carries a more physical presence.

All good assets for a DM.

Gerrard must clearly think long term he's the better option.

Blows the he would instantly be the best midfielder out the club comments out the water.

There is no proof of this what so ever. Feel for the lad but 16 appearances in all competitions since signing isn't good enough - Pena contributed more.

We can't hang about and wait to see if Rossiter is ever going to over come injuries especially when the likes of Kamara, McCrorie, Davis and Jack are constant performers with Aribo and Docherty as well. We have trophies to win.

It's a shame how things have worked out for the lad, but it's probably for the best that he moves on to a smaller club where he'll play regularly and can rebuild his career. Here's a genuine question for those that are saying what a top quality player, tremendous technical ability etc. - when have we seen any evidence of this other than one good game against hibs (where we shipped 5 goals coincidentally). To me he was a promising youth, nothing more nothing less. The clamour for him to get into the team or the way that he was talked up at times would have outsiders thinking that we had iniesta sitting on the sidelines. Simply put we need players that are reliable in terms of being available for selection, and players that are better than what we have starting in their position. Rossiter isn't that IMO.

I wouldn't totally go with that mate.

Rossiter is clearly the better passer of the two and possibly the more natural midfielder, but Ross is quicker, better in the air and carries a more physical presence.

All good assets for a DM.

Gerrard must clearly think long term he's the better option.

The main questions are

Would he be a starter in our midfield? No

Would he be reliable as a back up? No.

Is he better than McCrorie, probably will be certainly in the long term but we have an injury next season at a crucial point, who is more likely to be ready and fit to play, the guy sitting on the treatment table collecting his wages or the guy sitting ready and fit.

Rossiter is one of these players that gets better the more he doesn't play, the Gow, Niguez, Matt McKay syndrome.

Our fans get a hard on for certain players and refuse to see sense, see Cummings as another example.

I think you've been dreaming of rangers games with Rossiter playing in midfield.

McCrorie beats Rossiter hands down in terms of actually doing something in a rangers shirt.
My prediction is that JR will go on to have a better career than big Ross - he has more tools as a midfielder and more natural ability. Just my opinion/prediction.

Back