Jordan Rossiter has no part to play at Rangers after being told to find new club

Unreal how some rate Rossiter above guys like Jack and McCrorie who have both had fantastic performances in Europe and domestically against some of the best teams in the division. Rossiter has done the square root of %^*& all for us and all signs point towards him being the type of player who’ll bounce round a couple of lower league English teams before being retired at 30, but then again that’s why it’s called blind faith.
Some people would rather have Jordan Rossiter, on 10 grand a week and has contributed nothing to Rangers, over Ross McCrorie who is probably on less than half the wage, counts as a homegrown youth player for Europe and can cover two positions (three at a push, four if you need an auxiliary goalkeeper).

Let’s be honest, even when fit he’s never shown anything beyond being an ordinary player.

People exaggerated his performances because they bought into the hype when he signed and generally don’t like to admit when they’re wrong. I had high hopes for him but he’s just not Rangers quality. That doesn’t mean he can’t have a great career, and I hope he goes on to do well elsewhere. But we’ve now got the strongest midfield I’ve seen in over a decade. There’s no room for someone like Rossiter.

Where in there does it say Rossiter has been told to find new club????

It doesnt.

I think Rangers have invested too much time and money not to give him one last chance now that hes stayed fit for the longest in his career.

He was fit for most of last season and couldn't get near the team. People thinking the fact he was good at 16 means he's good at 22, having played no football.

I am disappointed he has been let go. Not because I believe he would be a world beater, but because we have paid so much in wages over the last three years, and now when he is finally fit we’ll likely release him for nothing. I can’t help but think if we had stuck with him for another 6 months we may have been able to get a good fee for him in January.

He’s a player with age on his side, the right attitude and one we have spent 3 years wages and the development fee. I just worry he’ll go to some club as a free transfer then move a year later for £10m!

With regards the comparisons with McRorie and Jack I’m sure Rossiter has more ability than either at the moment. McRorie is one of my favourite players and I have high hopes he goes into be a regular for us and a huge player for years to come, but he’s not yet ready for a regular starting place. Jack is like Halliday - his drive, determination and attitude is absolutely second to none and he’s a great boy to have around, but Rossiter is ten times the talent Jack will ever be. In my opinion of course.

I know it's unlikely but i wouldn't mind a buy back option on Rossiter if or when he leaves just incase he really kicks on.

If him and Dorrans are on a combined 30k a week though then it's a no brainer to get rid as they will hardly feature, then we can give the likes of Docherty and McCrorie a chance to develop and on significantly less wages.

Let’s be honest, even when fit he’s never shown anything beyond being an ordinary player.

People exaggerated his performances because they bought into the hype when he signed and generally don’t like to admit when they’re wrong. I had high hopes for him but he’s just not Rangers quality. That doesn’t mean he can’t have a great career, and I hope he goes on to do well elsewhere. But we’ve now got the strongest midfield I’ve seen in over a decade. There’s no room for someone like Rossiter.

He completely bossed a midfield including McGinn, McGeough and Allan. Looked a few levels above them.

Gerrard said last week he’s on an extended break mate due to his body never having to deal with that much football in a short space of time in his career , could be a polite way of saying he’s off tho I suppose
Did he actually say that though? Only place I've read about this extended break is on here.

He completely bossed a midfield including McGinn, McGeough and Allan. Looked a few levels above them.
It was one game at the end of a lost season.

His loan spell at Bury is more predictive of what he might achieve. He appears to have been very good for them, but was he ten grand a week good?

Its a real shame.
I had honestly thought if he ever got full fitness he would have been a fantastic player for Rangers and would even have been a future Captain.
All the best for your future Jordan, if anyone deserves a bit of good luck it's you.

He is a good lad but injury prone and being paid to much to carry on in this vain much like dorrans.

Totally agree with this comment which sums up the situation perfectly. Wish the lad all the best but there comes a time when if he is not producing for us then the rug has to be pulled.

6 month loan to Hearts... see how he does in the league.

Desperate for him to succeed at us. But if he’s not at the level of others in his position, fair enough.

I suggested another loan in a thread last week but someone pointed out he's going into the last year of his contract so not ideal.

If Gerrard can't guarantee him game time & he clearly wants to be playing then it's best for everyone he moves on. A shame we only got to see glimpses of what he can do.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s true, but there’s nothing in the quoted passages from Gerrard that specifically mention Rossiter.

6 month loan to Hearts... see how he does in the league.

Desperate for him to succeed at us. But if he’s not at the level of others in his position, fair enough.
Surely a short term loan at a level we can reliably assess him on, would be the smart move.
As much as I cannot stomach Hearts, it would be the club I can stomach a wee bit more than the rest and it would be a club where the demands to compete would be higher than most.

Some people would rather have Jordan Rossiter, on 10 grand a week and has contributed nothing to Rangers, over Ross McCrorie who is probably on less than half the wage, counts as a homegrown youth player for Europe and can cover two positions (three at a push, four if you need an auxiliary goalkeeper).
I don't see this.
Surely you can talk well of a player, without it meaning that in doing so you are automatically undermining the opinion of another?
Bizarre comment, if you do not mind me saying.

I don't see this.
Surely you can talk well of a player, without it meaning that in doing so you are automatically undermining the opinion of another?
Bizarre comment, if you do not mind me saying.
There are people on this thread bemoaning the loss of Rossiter while questioning why McCrorie is still in the squad.

No sentiment.Management is about making tough decisions at times and I expect a few more to follow.

No mention of him in the article ,be interesting to see if it is correct. He has been exceptionally unlucky with injuries and whatever happens I wish him the best.

His overall game is better than McCrorie's. Rossiter out scores him on touch, control, composure, passing, awareness (plays with his head up), vision, timing of tackles and link up play. All key to a midfielder. McCrorie has so much room for improvement in every single one of these areas.

Seems he’s done at club

Time to cut ties. He got a very handsome contract when he moved here and the money could be put to better use.

Good luck to the guy but the hard truth is that we need a much smaller squad than we currently have. We need to make every penny of wages count which is far from what we've been doing.

Good luck to him, unfortunste circumstances but he's not what we need right now to stop 10 and we have better in the squad.

I’ve never seen so much support for a player who has done or shown so little. A few decent games over a 3 year period. Whichever you dress it up that is nowhere near good enough and it’s not been a good investment regardless of the sums involved.

I said ages ago he’d never be a regular for us, it’s not like that was me showing any great insight, just logic because players who are never fit and decent to good at best when they play, are never going to cut it at a club like this.

The biggest shock is that some people were still living in a fantasy world where he was a part of our plans. Nothing against the player by the way, he seems like a really decent young guy, but the way he was spoken about like he just needed to stay fit and suddenly we’d have Beckenbauer Mk II ready to go, always left me perplexed. A case of the desire to see an England U21 player smash it at our club exceeding the desire or power to look at the whole situation realistically and logically.

Good luck to the guy going forward, I wish him every success.

Maybe the lad himself feels he'll get a better chance of game time elsewhere and has agreed to leave if we get a suitable offer that suits Rangers and him?

I am disappointed he has been let go. Not because I believe he would be a world beater, but because we have paid so much in wages over the last three years, and now when he is finally fit we’ll likely release him for nothing. I can’t help but think if we had stuck with him for another 6 months we may have been able to get a good fee for him in January.

He’s a player with age on his side, the right attitude and one we have spent 3 years wages and the development fee. I just worry he’ll go to some club as a free transfer then move a year later for £10m!

With regards the comparisons with McRorie and Jack I’m sure Rossiter has more ability than either at the moment. McRorie is one of my favourite players and I have high hopes he goes into be a regular for us and a huge player for years to come, but he’s not yet ready for a regular starting place. Jack is like Halliday - his drive, determination and attitude is absolutely second to none and he’s a great boy to have around, but Rossiter is ten times the talent Jack will ever be. In my opinion of course.
In January he will be able to sign a pre-contract with whoever he wants and we will get nothing.

It is also unlikely he will have a good few months between now and then anyway if this report is correct and Gerrard has told him he can find a new club. He's clearly not in his plans. He has just had a very good half season with Bury, so assuming his performances have been noticed by a League 1 or Championship club down south, if we are going to get a fee for him it will be now.

I'm disappointed we didn't see a fit Rossiter get a run for us, but it just hasn't worked out. It happens unfortunately, but we move on.

I’ve never seen so much support for a player who has done or shown so little. A few decent games over a 3 year period. Whichever you dress it up that is nowhere near good enough and it’s not been a good investment regardless of the sums involved.

I said ages ago he’d never be a regular for us, it’s not like that was me showing any great insight, just logic because players who are never fit and decent to good at best when they play, are never going to cut it at a club like this.

The biggest shock is that some people were still living in a fantasy world where he was a part of our plans. Nothing against the player by the way, he seems like a really decent young guy, but the way he was spoken about like he just needed to stay fit and suddenly we’d have Beckenbauer Mk II ready to go, always left me perplexed. A case of the desire to see an England U21 player smash it at our club exceeding the desire or power to look at the whole situation realistically and logically.

Good luck to the guy going forward, I wish him every success.

Correct.

The hype to contribution ratio is appalling, can’t ever remember seeing it with any other player.

How many others players do you know that come in at such a young age and:

• Face the fans and apologise at the end of the worst defeat in our European history
  • Never once complained about being injured or not playing
  • Always gave 100% on the pitch, even with limited playing time
  • Spent the time on pitch talking more senior players through the match

Those are some of the reasons there is a lot of goodwill towards Rossiter from my perspective and a few of my mates.

I know exactly where you are coming from mate and as you know, I'm not a Rossiter basher.

I still think you're being at bit harsh on Ross though.

Rossiter has played the midfield role since he started the game, whereas McCrorie is still learning the position.

The pace, strength and ability in the air that McCrorie has is something Jordan will never have, but maybe Gerrard thinks he can develop Mccrorie's awareness, distribution, composure and round him into a more complete midfielder.

He proved against the mentally challengeds in December just what he can bring to the table, as he totally marked Christie out of the game that day.

Gerrard was full of praise for him.

I think he sees him as a work in progress that he can develop much more.
They are 2 different types of midfielders..same as Arfield is different from Jack.I think we as supporters tend to give English /foreign players more support than we do with our own.Adam to name but one,got pelters every week yer went on to play in the same midfield as the gaffer.I wish the wee man nothing but the best. Gutted it's not worked out but we move on.We have a league to win this season so no time for sentiments.

• Face the fans and apologise at the end of the worst defeat in our European history

Those are some of the reasons there is a lot of goodwill towards Rossiter from my perspective and a few of my mates.
That's all very fair, and he's a great guy, but it doesn't justify the expense unfortunately.

How could he have complained about being injured or not playing? If anyone had a right to moan about that it was the fans!

I assume we don’t want to take the chance on extending his contract as it’s up pretty soon, is it not? Regardless I would have liked to have seen some return for the investment we’ve put in. I still think the boy will come true.

How could he have complained about being injured or not playing? If anyone had a right to moan about that it was the fans!

Some players mope and moan about it. Rossiter just seemed to get on with things and always had a smile on his face. Not the fans fault but not the player's fault either.

He was fit for most of last season and couldn't get near the team. People thinking the fact he was good at 16 means he's good at 22, having played no football.

He was out injured for the best part of three seasons from his last year at Liverpool until last summer. Those are crucial years in the development of any young player, and no matter how good he was at 15 he's been surpassed. I understand why the club took a risk on him but it hasn't worked out and if we can get him off the books without having to pay him off, we definitely should.

I'll say none of us on here have seen enough of the lad to say whether he deserves a first team spot or not.
As much as I'd have liked the lad to make it I'm gonna side with management team on this onem

Back