Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

Hank Hill

The idea that some were peddling he was given extra time off due to playing more than usual last season rather than not being included in plans always did seem rather unlikely.

lukeyboy1

Official Ticketer
Good luck to the lad, hope he makes it a success, we won't see a dime of any sell on fee, as that'll be until his contract expires - hopefully they're covering a high percentage of his wages.

Jimmy Jazz

Good luck to the wee man. He'll be a very good player in the right environment, which is just never going to be here unfortunately.

a_weir

Best of luck to him.

I do hope that he proves us all wrong, has a great 6 months and then we can get a contract extension in January. But I don't think we'll see him feature again.

Godrup99

Won't indulge the pathetic amongst us.

Good luck to the boy. It wasn't for his lack of trying, or the club's, purely circumstance meaning he was injured.

It didn't work out, thats all that happened here. No need for any crappy comments about him or the transfer to us.

omegaman

So he’ll now see out his contract at Fleetwood then leave for nothing.

I feel kind of sorry for the lad but, from our point of view he’s been another disastrous signing.

texas_pedro

3-4 years of false dawns and on a salary we could put to better use.

As a side point, to those who say we should keep him and therefore offer him a new contract, there is no way we would offer similar terms. So who’s to say he’d even accept. Based on his history with us he should be one of the lowest paid.

buffalosoldier

This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.
What a ridiculous statement. So the measure of a 'man' is whether or not his body has a developmental problem, or he is prone to injuries as a professional footballer?

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Surprised we've just washed our hands of him basically. I get it that he hasn't been fit before however after playing a lot with Bury and doing well I'd have hoped we would be monitoring his progress to see if he gets near his potential.

Shottsbear

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.
Take slight issue with this. It infers JR isn't a proper 'man'. He has been really, really unlucky with injuries. Makes him no less of a man than those you mention.

There's a player there (SG confirmed he was the standout of last pre-season)

Good luck to JR, hope he gets a good run injury free.

StaunchGer54

Amen AWK.

Kimarcus

The English transfer window has been open for 7 days.

7 days.
True but look at this Rossiter deal. Only able to get him away on a loan deal where will be still be paying a significant % of wages. Unfortunately can't get him off wage bill entirely yet.

tazzabear

Steven Gerrard doesn’t have anything against him, he clearly considers him to be behind all of the other midfielders at his disposal. That makes your horrible feeling highly unlikely to come true.
You may be right but he wont be the only player who reckons he can go a step back to go forward again.
Docherty and McCrorie, although they’re loan deals and obviously the manager thinks more of them (Edit: just seen Rossiter is a loan as well) might be examples.

Valley Bluenose

True but look at this Rossiter deal. Only able to get him away on a loan deal where will be still be paying a significant % of wages. Unfortunately can't get him off wage bill entirely yet.
We may have forsaken a transfer fee in order to get him off the wage bill. Who knows? Certainly not anyone on here.

tazzabear

So he’ll now see out his contract at Fleetwood then leave for nothing.

I feel kind of sorry for the lad but, from our point of view he’s been another disastrous signing.
Did you believe this at the time of his signings?
At this is before I ask you what Sadiq or Prodan or Rozenthal or even Kuznetsov were if Rossiter is a disastrous signing.

bilkobear

I would love for this lad to kick on from Bury where he did well to have a stormer of a first six months at Fleetwood and earn himself another contract at Rangers.
I am convinced he has the ability all that happened is his growth problems have stalled his development at a vital stage of his career.
However, these things happen to lots of players at lots of clubs, there is no point greeting over it and to blame the lad is moronic! Really totally moronic!

Good luck to him, he still has time, he has a great mentality and the correct attitude to make a success in his football career.
Go on young Jordan make the doubters and the detractors and the idiotic critics eat their words.