Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

Dado's Bandage

He’s still a young lad. Davis and Arfield won’t be around forever so there will be spaces that open up in the midfield. At the moment he won’t play but getting another season of games under his belt may see him start to fulfil some of his potential. Gerard has rubbished the talk of McCrorie going, Docherty has come back into the fold so never say never. Loaning players in and out is going to be a big part of our strategy moving forward.

Union Jack 1872

Let's be honest here, he was a flop & I'm glad he's out the door
Injuries finished him with us.

There is a quality player in there but he may never fulfil his potential.

I hope he does as he’s a good lad and the only one brave enough to speak up after the progress fiasco when Captain Fantastic hid in the changing room.

Good luck to him .

ca100

I assumed Holt might go back to Fleetwood after what was supposedly a decent season there last year, but i assume this puts paid to that.

omegaman

Did you believe this at the time of his signings?
At this is before I ask you what Sadiq or Prodan or Rozenthal or even Kuznetsov were if Rossiter is a disastrous signing.
Relatively speaking, for a club in the process of rebuilding where money is thin on the ground, when you add him to the likes of Barton, Senderos, Kranjcar, Alves, Peña and Herrera, he’s another who has failed to provide any sort of return whatsoever.

We’ve arrested the wastefulness under Gerrard, but before that we were all over the shop under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.

RFC_Champions

Wallace*, Holt, Grezda, Dorrans, Rossiter, Dodoo, Hardie, Lafferty etc.

These might me nice genuine guys but that’s no good to us if they can’t keep themselves fit and do the business on the park.

I’ll be surprised if any of them are still at the club when the transfer window closes.

*wallace already away (as is Rossiter)

We need real options who can be relied upon. None of the players mentioned fall into that category.

bilkobear

He’s still a young lad. Davis and Arfield won’t be around forever so there will be spaces that open up in the midfield. At the moment he won’t play but getting another season of games under his belt may see him start to fulfil some of his potential. Gerard has rubbished the talk of McCrorie going, Docherty has come back into the fold so never say never. Loaning players in and out is going to be a big part of our strategy moving forward.
Good post.
I never believe anything until I hear it from Steven Gerrard's mouth.

WATP

Surprised it’s season long tbh, if only until January we could have sold him for some form of return. Season long means he’s a free agent at end of that and we’ve had zero ROI on his tenure.

DavieC1953

Moving on might be what Jordan needs.
He will hopefully find some form by getting more actual game time in a team where he will probably be the star player.
Really sad it didnt work out for him at Ibrox, but his ability is never in doubt and he will still be a good footballer for years to come if he can find lasting fitness.

KGR98

Surprised it’s season long tbh, if only until January we could have sold him for some form of return. Season long means he’s a free agent at end of that and we’ve had zero ROI on his tenure.
Could just be to free up his wage for another player to come in I imagine similar deals will occur for Holt and possibly Dorrans etc

LarkfiedLoyalNS

But but he had one good game against Hibs away, don’t you see what we will miss out on? No I don’t if anything we are going to benefit with him off the wage bill and any sort of fee we get.

Jordan Rossiter will never have a bad word to say about Rangers neither he should we’ve sorted out his injury issues for years and paid a small fortune for contributing nothing whatsoever.

Saying that I wish him all the best, he seems a decent fella. I’m just astonished Warburtin hasn’t come in for him, yet.

WATP

Could just be to free up his wage for another player to come in I imagine similar deals will occur for Holt and possibly Dorrans etc
Yeh just a bit surprised we couldn’t find a club who would have paid a fee given his solid 6mths at Bury.

sw26

True but look at this Rossiter deal. Only able to get him away on a loan deal where will be still be paying a significant % of wages. Unfortunately can't get him off wage bill entirely yet.
Are you genuinely expecting an orderly queue of teams to line up to pay what is probably (for them) top dollar in wages and possibly a fee for a player who has made a grand total of 33 appearances in 3 seasons due to injury, the vast majority of which were in the last few months?

Clubs won’t take a gamble on a player with his injury record and I don’t blame them.

I wish him all the best but don’t expect to see him back in our colours.

Danger Zone

Spot on.

It’s nothing against Rossiter, but the fact is that he’s a highly paid non-contributor and we simply don’t need him.
I don’t know if I’d have said what AWK said, but I’d be lying if I said it hadn’t entered my mind that maybe part of Rossiter’s issue was psychological, particularly when he goes on loan elsewhere and can suddenly put the games together.

But there isn’t real evidence for this so I wouldn’t want to do him the injustice of levelling that accusation at him. However, this nonsense about him potentially being a superstar is comical a this point, I mean we’ll probably still be hearing this when Rossiters just turned 33 and completed the 100th start of his career.

He’s had a level of support other players just don’t seem to get, I can only assume it’s based off interviews and the fact he seems like a likeable lad, maybe also the fact that people seem to seriously overstate the significance of getting a game for England U19’s. He’s been well supported by the club and fans, but a jokes a joke, he has to go, especially if that £10k p/w figure is true, which if it is, is quite shocking really.

subversive_bear

Surely he could do better than to team up with Barton. Won't be surprised if he ends up at QPR.
It's a good move for him to rebuild his career. A level up from last season at Bury and also very close to home. I hope it works-out for him, he seems like a smashing lad. But it is time for all parties to move on.

tazzabear

Relatively speaking, for a club in the process of rebuilding where money is thin on the ground, when you add him to the likes of Barton, Senderos, Kranjcar, Alves, Peña and Herrera, he’s another who has failed to provide any sort of return whatsoever.

We’ve arrested the wastefulness under Gerrard, but before that we were all over the shop under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.
I’d suggest bracketing Rossiter, who was quoted as the same opportunistic signing as Dembele, with those you’ve mentioned is fundamentally wrong.
A totally different type of signing.