Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

NDC bear forever

FLEETWOOD TOWN hope to land Rangers midfielder Jordan Rossiter.
SunSport understands the League One side believe they are close to signing the 22-year-old.
Rossiter joined Gers at the same time as Trawlermen boss Joey Barton in 2016.
Now Barton has moved for his fellow Scouser as he looks to beef up his squad for the new season.
Rossiter has had an injury-prone three years at Ibrox since Mark Warburton took him from Liverpool.
He has managed just ten appearances and one goal. He joined Bury on loan in January and played 16 times.

A shame but it is what it is.

The fact that he was not involved today or in yesterday's reserve match says it all.

I wouldn't even say he was a risky signing but it's just one of those that didn't work out for either of us. If he wasn't riddled with injuries, he'd be going to someone much better than Fleetwood.

Best of British to the lad. He’s fortunate that he’s still young enough to progress up the leagues (assuming he doesn’t keep getting injured).

A shame but it is what it is.

The fact that he was not involved today or in yesterday's reserve match says it all.

I wouldn't even say he was a risky signing but it's just one of those that didn't work out for either of us. If he wasn't riddled with injuries, he'd be going to someone much better than Fleetwood.
who did the reserves play yesterday and what was the score , missed the result due to work .

This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.

Still not sure I’m happy we’re just letting him go. Keep thinking a six month loan, then maybe extend his contract. Have a horrible feeling he’s going to be a £15m player in a few years!

Steven Gerrard doesn’t have anything against him, he clearly considers him to be behind all of the other midfielders at his disposal. That makes your horrible feeling highly unlikely to come true.

It's a shame but he's nowhere near the first eleven with the squad we have now and he's likely to be on a healthy wage that could be used to strengthen elsewhere

Rubbish absolute rubbish the fact he was on loan at Bury and is now close to joining Fleetwood pretty much explains where he is at
He was Burys best player on loan. You don’t become England under 21 captain without having some talent. I’m not saying he should be getting into our team ahead of the likes of Kamara and Jack. I just think we’re going to have been paying for him for 3 years with no benefit, and I can see him going for bigger money a few days later. I’m saying £15m, hardly big bucks in England!

I think he needs a change to move on with his career. Seems to have settled out on loan and it was great to see he was getting a right good run of games. I have no doubt Rossiter has the ability to be a very good player and a good level. I'd love for that to be with us but I do just think they change will do him good.

We have a good midfield and he probably wouldn't look out of place. The frustration of getting another injury with us might be too much for him and Rangers.

He was Burys best player on loan. You don’t become England under 21 captain without having some talent. I’m not saying he should be getting into our team ahead of the likes of Kamara and Jack. I just think we’re going to have been paying for him for 3 years with no benefit, and I can see him going for bigger money a few days later. I’m saying £15m, hardly big bucks in England!

He's never kicked a ball for England U21 - let alone captained them.

I would have been more gutted at this a year ago. On the rare occasions he did feature he looked like he would end up being head and shoulders above the guys playing around him, but our midfield is much stronger now.

He'll do well where ever he goes. As someone on here said, he could find James Forrest's neck with a pass.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.

Proper men , absolute **** you are :D

Spouting pish for a change? nothing to do with being "proper men" that lad has seriously poor luck with hindering injuries. You should be banned for repetitive pish posts.

Get rid. Mental saying he Is a 15 million player! Rossiter getting better the longer he is out on here

Still not sure I’m happy we’re just letting him go. Keep thinking a six month loan, then maybe extend his contract. Have a horrible feeling he’s going to be a £15m player in a few years!
I don't think you are wrong to think this.
But he has lost a lot of playing time at a vital stage in his career.
The next two years are really a make or break period for the lad to make it at the level he was once thought capable of.
To do this he will need to play every single week.

He won't get this exposure at Ibrox and Rangers simply cannot keep investing in his potential as younger players are already pushing past him.
If we had the funds of a club like Chelsea then we could indulge that potential with patience, we don't and the truth is, the opportunity with us has passed him by.
However, for the player, it isn't the end, and you are of course correct, he could still become the player we all want him to be.

I wish him well.
I hope he becomes that player.

:)):)) he was never under 21 captain, im not even sure hes played for them.

That third paragraph is absolutely bizarre and literally has nothing to do with Jordan Rossiter.

I’ll be sad to see Rossiter go but it’s make or break time really and I can’t see him getting a game ahead of any of our current first team options in midfield.

It’s a shame but it is what it is.

Not a chance.

We have to remember he was a Warburton / McParland signing, almost all of whom turned out to be ordinary at best.

We all bought into the ‘new Gerrard’ spiel - and some of us are still grimly holding onto it - but all the evidence suggests he’s nothing of the sort.

I wish the lad all the best, but I doubt he’ll ever play football above English Championship level.

Get rid. Mental saying he Is a 15 million player! Rossiter getting better the longer he is out on here
No one said he was a £15m player! However with a few years of playing regularly behind him then I see no reason he couldn’t be! He was supposedly worth £5m when he came to us. What does £15m buy you in England nowadays? Not very much!

Good luck to the lad - hopefully he is over all his issues and he can have a long and successful career as he deserves it.

Sending him out on loan again was never really an option.

No one said he was a £15m player! However with a few years of playing regularly behind him then I see no reason he couldn’t be! He was supposedly worth £5m when he came to us. What does £15m buy you in England nowadays? Not very much!

When was the last time he played regularly? Apart from 6 months this season sorry

He played for the under 19's.
I think he did captain them.
I watched him in a tournament and he was excellent.

He was captain of a group of players that went on to win the U-20 World Cup (obviously he was not part of the squad owing to injuries). He still has real potential in my view, shame we didn't get to see more of him in a Rangers shirt. Wish him nothing but the best for the future.

Huge difference between U20 and U21...you don't miss what you don't have. I don't understand the infatuation about missing out on a big fee down the line. We had the same history rewritten regards Waghorns ability when Derby blew a disproportionate amount of money on him. The boys got talent yes, allow him the chance to shine those talents elsewhere.
I'm not a Rangers fan to see us make massive profits on players I'm here to see James Taverner lift silverware

I’m much less convinced of his attributes than you. I’ve never seen it in a blue shirt. Even when he has played, i’ve seen a competent to decent player but never anything more than that. When Ferguson or Durrant broke through, you could immediately see that they were special. I’ve not seen that in Rossiter. Hope i’m wrong even if it’s not with us as he seems a nice guy. But I wouldn’t gamble on it.

What I am certain of is that he is not going to break through with us. He just has too many ahead of him now to get regular game time and he badly needs that to get his career back on track. With only a year left on his contract with us, a loan is pointless and extending his contract is too big a risk. And staying with us in the reserves will only hamper him.

Best to move on. But, just in case you are right then a bumper sell on clause would be good. If a normal sell on is 5-10% then fleetwood get him for free but with a 15% sell on clause. They’d need to get £10mill for him for that extra to be worth £500k that might be the sort of price they might expect to pay so worth it for both of us.

Folk on here genuinely are mental.

Rossiter isn’t good enough as backup at Rangers never mind making the first XI.

Also, where is the evidence that Rossiter has what it takes to play for Rangers? He’s hardly kicked a ball in the last 3 years. That’s why I never understand why folk say he’ll go on to have a good career. What have you actually seen of him to support this? He’s played a minimal number of games and has been bang average.

I hope we can get rid of him because he is stealing a wage which could go to another player.

He didn't contribute due to injury, not as your post suggests that he wasn't a proper "man" . A very talented and driven prospect who was unlucky with injury. Aye maybe not robust in the sense that he was injury prone but its sad for the lad that he may not achieve his potential due to physical frailties. Glad you are happy he's off the wage bill. Any others you think are proper men other than Tav and Morelos?

I’m much less convinced of his attributes than you. I’ve never seen it in a blue shirt. Even when he has played, i’ve seen a competent to decent player but never anything more than that. When Ferguson or Durrant broke through, you could immediately see that they were special. I’ve not seen that in Rossiter. Hope i’m wrong even if it’s not with us as he seems a nice guy. But I wouldn’t gamble on it.

What I am certain of is that he is not going to break through with us. He just has too many ahead of him now to get regular game time and he badly needs that to get his career back on track. With only a year left on his contract with us, a loan is pointless and extending his contract is too big a risk. And staying with us in the reserves will only hamper him.

Best to move on. But, just in case you are right then a bumper sell on clause would be good. If a normal sell on is 5-10% then fleetwood get him for free but with a 15% sell on clause. They’d need to get £10mill for him for that extra to be worth £500k that might be the sort of price they might expect to pay so worth it for both of us.

100% with you SA. I loved the kids attitude but never saw what others saw.
Not that strong, not very pacy especially in recovery situations, not many goals or assists either.

I couldn’t see any great ability to either score or create goals, or to stop the opposition scoring. A tidy competent footballer but not that special.

Wish Jordan the absolute best ;)

This. I can imagine him bossing it elsewhere and going for a good few quid.

Latest posts

Back