Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

He didn't contribute due to injury, not as your post suggests that he wasn't a proper "man" . A very talented and driven prospect who was unlucky with injury. Aye maybe not robust in the sense that he was injury prone but its sad for the lad that he may not achieve his potential due to physical frailties. Glad you are happy he's off the wage bill. Any others you think are proper men other than Tav and Morelos?
Think people taking this a bit to personally against Rossiter.

We have some guys who are injury prone but why not recognise and celebrate those who go to the well week after week, keep their bodies and mind in constant condition ready to go?

It’s a show of respect to guys we can rely on week after week, because often this is overlooked.

Where is Jordan anyway? ( know where the country is lol)Is he back training? Must have missed it if so, so apologies!!

I like him but I can't see him getting in our team now. He needs to go somewhere and get game time.

He could end up being a very good player but it will be after a few years of developing which isn't going to happen with us.

100% with you SA. I loved the kids attitude but never saw what others saw.
Not that strong, not very pacy especially in recovery situations, not many goals or assists either.

I couldn’t see any great ability to either score or create goals, or to stop the opposition scoring. A tidy competent footballer but not that special.

Wish Jordan the absolute best ;)

With your assesment of GK mate ,I ll make my own judgement ;):D

He needs time mate. I’m not saying GK is a bad player Blue Steel.

I’m just saying that IN MY OPINION there are parts of his game, mainly from a defensive point of view, I would like to see him improve on.

And I stand by my comment that he isn’t as good as many bears think. But we will watch & discuss in the months ahead :D

He needs time mate. I’m not saying GK is a bad player Blue Steel.

I’m just saying that IN MY OPINION there are parts of his game, mainly from a defensive point of view, I would like to see him improve on.

And I stand by my comment that he isn’t as good as many bears think. But we will watch & discuss in the months ahead :D

Look forward to it mate :)

This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.
Whats that all about ? Thought the lad was just crippled with injuries ..... so you saying thats not the case ?

Still not sure I’m happy we’re just letting him go. Keep thinking a six month loan, then maybe extend his contract. Have a horrible feeling he’s going to be a £15m player in a few years!
Might well be the case but he wont be able to prove his worth here I'm afraid! Goodluck to the lad and I hope he turns out to be a £50m player in the future.

Keep a hold of him until the end of the summer transfer window and wait for the inevitable QPR bid. See where we get most money between them and Fleetwood. Thank the boy, wish him well and accept it didn't work out for either party.

Think people taking this a bit to personally against Rossiter.

We have some guys who are injury prone but why not recognise and celebrate those who go to the well week after week, keep their bodies and mind in constant condition ready to go?

It’s a show of respect to guys we can rely on week after week, because often this is overlooked.

Spot on.

It’s nothing against Rossiter, but the fact is that he’s a highly paid non-contributor and we simply don’t need him.

Like most of us, I was excited about him joining and had high hopes for him. Some players are just blighted by injury constantly though. Tragic waste.

I was really hoping he was going to come good for us but there comes a time when you need to say enough is enough. If we can get him out the door and off the wage bill this window then fair enough.

I think the injury he got at the end of pre season last summer ended any real chances he might have still had with us.

I wish him all the best. Always came across very well during interviews etc.

If Gerrard thought he was worth having around then he’d be getting kept. The fact is McCrorie has shown far more in a Rangers shirt than Rossiter and Gerrard currently doesn’t see room for McCrorie. Time for him to move on.

The idea that some were peddling he was given extra time off due to playing more than usual last season rather than not being included in plans always did seem rather unlikely.

Good luck to the lad, hope he makes it a success, we won't see a dime of any sell on fee, as that'll be until his contract expires - hopefully they're covering a high percentage of his wages.

Good luck to the wee man. He'll be a very good player in the right environment, which is just never going to be here unfortunately.

Best of luck to him.

I do hope that he proves us all wrong, has a great 6 months and then we can get a contract extension in January. But I don't think we'll see him feature again.

Won't indulge the pathetic amongst us.

Good luck to the boy. It wasn't for his lack of trying, or the club's, purely circumstance meaning he was injured.

It didn't work out, thats all that happened here. No need for any crappy comments about him or the transfer to us.

So he’ll now see out his contract at Fleetwood then leave for nothing.

I feel kind of sorry for the lad but, from our point of view he’s been another disastrous signing.

3-4 years of false dawns and on a salary we could put to better use.

As a side point, to those who say we should keep him and therefore offer him a new contract, there is no way we would offer similar terms. So who’s to say he’d even accept. Based on his history with us he should be one of the lowest paid.

Back