Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

Spot on.

It’s nothing against Rossiter, but the fact is that he’s a highly paid non-contributor and we simply don’t need him.

I don’t know if I’d have said what AWK said, but I’d be lying if I said it hadn’t entered my mind that maybe part of Rossiter’s issue was psychological, particularly when he goes on loan elsewhere and can suddenly put the games together.

But there isn’t real evidence for this so I wouldn’t want to do him the injustice of levelling that accusation at him. However, this nonsense about him potentially being a superstar is comical a this point, I mean we’ll probably still be hearing this when Rossiters just turned 33 and completed the 100th start of his career.

He’s had a level of support other players just don’t seem to get, I can only assume it’s based off interviews and the fact he seems like a likeable lad, maybe also the fact that people seem to seriously overstate the significance of getting a game for England U19’s. He’s been well supported by the club and fans, but a jokes a joke, he has to go, especially if that £10k p/w figure is true, which if it is, is quite shocking really.

Surely he could do better than to team up with Barton. Won't be surprised if he ends up at QPR.

It's a good move for him to rebuild his career. A level up from last season at Bury and also very close to home. I hope it works-out for him, he seems like a smashing lad. But it is time for all parties to move on.

Relatively speaking, for a club in the process of rebuilding where money is thin on the ground, when you add him to the likes of Barton, Senderos, Kranjcar, Alves, Peña and Herrera, he’s another who has failed to provide any sort of return whatsoever.

We’ve arrested the wastefulness under Gerrard, but before that we were all over the shop under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.
I’d suggest bracketing Rossiter, who was quoted as the same opportunistic signing as Dembele, with those you’ve mentioned is fundamentally wrong.
A totally different type of signing.

Been with us 3 seasons and 1 good match in a pretty meaningless game v hibs.

Gullit Pena contributed more for us, let that sink in!
Amazing the examples people come up with to justify their argument.
Pretty pathetic.
Any development Rossiter had was stunted by injuries that he could do nothing about.
Pena was a waster who never tried to get to a level where he could play consistently for the first team.
What was the difference in transfer fees?
You reckon we got better value fro Pena than Rossiter?
Consider each player’s desire at this point as well.
I’d have a Rossiter over a Pena every day of the week.
Let that sink in, as you’d say.

He was Burys best player on loan. You don’t become England under 21 captain without having some talent. I’m not saying he should be getting into our team ahead of the likes of Kamara and Jack. I just think we’re going to have been paying for him for 3 years with no benefit, and I can see him going for bigger money a few days later. I’m saying £15m, hardly big bucks in England!
£15m o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I don’t know if I’d have said what AWK said, but I’d be lying if I said it hadn’t entered my mind that maybe part of Rossiter’s issue was psychological, particularly when he goes on loan elsewhere and can suddenly put the games together.

But there isn’t real evidence for this so I wouldn’t want to do him the injustice of levelling that accusation at him. However, this nonsense about him potentially being a superstar is comical a this point, I mean we’ll probably still be hearing this when Rossiters just turned 33 and completed the 100th start of his career.

He’s had a level of support other players just don’t seem to get, I can only assume it’s based off interviews and the fact he seems like a likeable lad, maybe also the fact that people seem to seriously overstate the significance of getting a game for England U19’s. He’s been well supported by the club and fans, but a jokes a joke, he has to go, especially if that £10k p/w figure is true, which if it is, is quite shocking really.
It's not. The lad was absolutely desperate to play for Rangers. It just hasn't worked out for him.

I’d suggest bracketing Rossiter, who was quoted as the same opportunistic signing as Dembele, with those you’ve mentioned is fundamentally wrong.
A totally different type of signing.

I’m referring specifically to the accumulative profligacy of that pre Gerrard era.

Rossiter certainly wasn’t the worst, but there were a hell of a lot of players bought during that period who simply weren’t of the calibre we require, and as harsh as it may sound to some, all the evidence points to him being one of them.

What we’re seeing now with the attempts to get guys like Dorrans and Rossiter off the books, players who through no great fault of their own have proved to be a drain on resources that could be better used elsewhere, is that there is a certain necessary ruthlessness in operation now that has no room for sentiment.

Rossiter simply hasn’t been in any way productive enough for us and he needs to be moved on.

I get the sympathy for him - he does seem like a decent lad and I reiterate that I wish him all the best in his career - but he’s done nothing to suggest we’re going to regret not toughing it out a little bit longer with him.

Amazing the examples people come up with to justify their argument.
Pretty pathetic.
Any development Rossiter had was stunted by injuries that he could do nothing about.
Pena was a waster who never tried to get to a level where he could play consistently for the first team.
What was the difference in transfer fees?
You reckon we got better value fro Pena than Rossiter?
Consider each player’s desire at this point as well.
I’d have a Rossiter over a Pena every day of the week.
Let that sink in, as you’d say.
Bang on .

There's a massive gap between how much potential some of our support think this lad has and where he's ended up.

Massive however I wish the lad all the best.

I’m referring specifically to the accumulative profligacy of that pre Gerrard era.

Rossiter certainly wasn’t the worst, but there were a hell of a lot of players bought during that period who simply weren’t of the calibre we require, and as harsh as it may sound to some, all the evidence points to him being one of them.

What we’re seeing now with the attempts to get guys like Dorrans and Rossiter off the books, players who through no great fault of their own have proved to be a drain on resources that could be better used elsewhere, is that there is a certain necessary ruthlessness in operation now that has no room for sentiment.

Rossiter simply hasn’t been in any way productive enough for us and he needs to be moved on.

I get the sympathy for him - he does seem like a decent lad and I reiterate that I wish him all the best in his career - but he’s done nothing to suggest we’re going to regret not toughing it out a little bit longer with him.

And then there's Grezda.....and possibly Barisic.....no evidence to suggest we are not still making expensive mistakes.

Sticking to my guns. I have never seen him have a bad game. I thought for a boy coming back from horrendous injuries to get wired in that day at Easter Road tells you a lot about his character. I hope he plays in the EPL someday.

I find the weird level of almost unwavering support for McCrorie and Rossiter a bit unpalatable while people who contributed consistently such as Candeias and Jack are talked down nearly every day.

It’s such a weird scenario. We all want the young lads - especially the home grown guys - but it’s just not happened as yet.

Are you on the wind up?
No, why would I be?
If Rossiter has a good year or 2 playing regular games then it's not that unrealistic that he could potentially go for a big fee, like Waghorn done. 10-15 million is peanuts in England.
I'm not saying that I think it will happen, just saying he had a point suggesting this.

I wish the boy all the best really , however it’s what’s best for Rangers that’s important.

I’m glad we are addressing our surplus players situation because the club cannot afford to carry passengers no matter how unfortunate the individual’s circumstances........ We move on.

No, why would I be?
If Rossiter has a good year or 2 playing regular games then it's not that unrealistic that he could potentially go for a big fee, like Waghorn done. 10-15 million is peanuts in England.
I'm not saying that I think it will happen, just saying he had a point suggesting this.

I can’t believe it’s summer 2019 and folk are still saying Rossiter could be a £15m player.

What the actual %^*&.

Sticking to my guns. I have never seen him have a bad game. I thought for a boy coming back from horrendous injuries to get wired in that day at Easter Road tells you a lot about his character. I hope he plays in the EPL someday.

You must have missed the draw at Killie early on.....he had a nightmare.

The chances of him playing in the EPL are remote.

In all honesty, as a club we have stood by the lad and he’s had plenty of chances to prove his worth. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out for the lad

We need players for the here and now and it would be clear folly to keep him just to sit out huge chunks of the season.

Hopefully we will have a “first refusal” contract on him and if he ever does manage to regain prolonged full fitness and Is competing week in week out delivering his undoubted football skills we can bring him back.

For now however, it is what it is

very p*ssed off. Season long loan in our division which means but for our off field turmoil we could have had him back with us for the season. Put any money on him scoring against us. You will be very rich. Up the Shakers and good luck tomorrow guys.

Sad but his boat has sailed, thought we might have got a price from Bury, as he seemed to have a good season there.

Still not sure I’m happy we’re just letting him go. Keep thinking a six month loan, then maybe extend his contract. Have a horrible feeling he’s going to be a £15m player in a few years!

I had great hopes for the boy, but to be honest i now think young Doherty will turn out to be a fitter and a better play than Rossiter. If possible he should take his chance to sign for another club, as it looks like he's no longer in S.Gs.plans.

I had great hopes for the boy, but to be honest i now think young Doherty will turn out to be a fitter and a better play than Rossiter. If possible he should take his chance to sign for another club, as it looks like he's no longer in S.Gs.plans.
to be fair - Rossiter was by far our fittest player last season - you will struggle to find anyone lasting 90 mins better than him.

100% with you SA. I loved the kids attitude but never saw what others saw.
Not that strong, not very pacy especially in recovery situations, not many goals or assists either.

I couldn’t see any great ability to either score or create goals, or to stop the opposition scoring. A tidy competent footballer but not that special.

Wish Jordan the absolute best ;)

Ì like many others thought if he managed to get fit, he may have contributed to the team.
But unfortunately i think the boy may struggle to play a full season, as he dosen't seem to be the strongest of players, and in my opinion a bit one paced.I think with the players weve now got playing in our midfield, the boy wouldn't have got a game.
So if he's got any sense he should move to pastures new, and try and get regular football with another club.

No, why would I be?
He has played 16 game for us in 2/3years on what planet do you think he could become 15m player?
Tell me some of his stand out games please?
Waggy had a good season with Ipswich and went for £5m their is literally no comparison

Ì like many others thought if he managed to get fit, he may have contributed to the team.
But unfortunately i think the boy may struggle to play a full season, as he dosen't seem to be the strongest of players, and in my opinion a bit one paced.I think with the players weve now got playing in our midfield, the boy wouldn't have got a game.
So if he's got any sense he should move to pastures new, and try and get regular football with another club.

Totally with you G11 ;)

The correct decision has been made on Rossiter and I suspect he will be let go next season. I think the lengthy injuries have curtailed his development and I just never saw a place for him anyway even under Gerrard and there will always be a doubt with the lad notably over his injury record and can he last a season playing 30/40 plus games etc.

All the best Jordan.

Seems like you have all made your mind up on the lad. All I know is that the way he played for us last season running through brick walls, putting his body on the line, not shirking from tackles despite his injury record and giving 100% every game the least he deserved was a few games to prove himself again. Good luck Jordan - except against us.

No disrespect to the lad, but some folks on here will defend him to the hilt for some reason while giving players who’ve given us much more a lot less benefit of the doubt.

Back