Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.

You've embarrassed yourself here big time mate

Are we getting money for him? If not, why not. We’ve nursed him back to health and hopefully his full potential whilst forking out a wage. I really hope we don’t let him go for the sake of “getting him off the wage bill”. I have a feeling this lad will come good.

We aren't doing a great job of getting rid of the deadwood at the moment.
Youve just said it, their deadwood and are to most other teams.
We forget that we havent won anything for a long time, and just because there Rangers players doesnt mean they are at a higher level than a lot of other clubs.

Never mind the facts , he’s going to be worth £15 million soon , if he can just stay injury free .

Reality is we wish the lad well . It didn’t work out.
Do you not think SG and mcallister being 2 midfielders would know best.
There are a lot of walter mittys on Rossisters value.

Saddens me to see what has become of young Jordan, from being at Liverpool and Englands under 19's captain to joining Rangers and hopefully seeing a wonderful player gracing the turf of Ibrox for years to come, nightmare with injuries and never got to see the best from him and now loaned out to Fleetwood. Done well on loan last season and played a lot of games and looked like he was over his injury worry's.

Has SG just given up on him now ?

If he starts off incredibly well with Fleetwood, I'd imagine we'll offer him a new contract before next January when he can talk to other clubs.

Even if he joins another club on a 'bosman', we'd still be due a development fee as long as we offer him a contract (I believe?). If he is indeed on £10k a week for 3 year and we offer him similar or a slight increase then we'd be due around £500k.

Seems like you have all made your mind up on the lad. All I know is that the way he played for us last season running through brick walls, putting his body on the line, not shirking from tackles despite his injury record and giving 100% every game the least he deserved was a few games to prove himself again. Good luck Jordan - except against us.

The point is not so much that we’ve made up our minds as Steven Gerrard has his.

Despite what sounds from yourself like a good loan stint down there, he hasn’t evidently convinced the manager he’s a better option than we already have.

No disrespect to Bury, but Rangers is a higher level, not just in terms of the competitiveness of the SPFL and Europe, but the pressures of playing for a club of our size in front of 50,000 unforgiving fans.

Good luck to him though, it’s a shame he couldn’t have returned to you guys.

I find the weird level of almost unwavering support for McCrorie and Rossiter a bit unpalatable while people who contributed consistently such as Candeias and Jack are talked down nearly every day.

It’s such a weird scenario. We all want the young lads - especially the home grown guys - but it’s just not happened as yet.

As things stand, Jack is a vastly superior midfielder to either McCrorie or Rossiter.

That isn't even up for debate and thankfully Gerrard agrees.

That's not to say that Ross and Jordan won't develop and become better players, I think they will.

However, neither are going to get decent game time at Ibrox at the moment.

Good move for both and I wish them well.

As things stand, Jack is a vastly superior midfielder to either McCrorie or Rossiter.

That's not to say that Ross and Jordan won't develop and become better players, I think they will.

Good post - RJ is absolutely miles ahead of both, as much as some people seem blind to it.

McCrorie has more chance than Rossiter of developing but we’ve got such strength in depth in midfield that I wouldn’t even be surprised to see him on loan on 20/21 season.

So we have some on FF who don’t want Rossiter, McCrorie, Murphy, Hardie, Middleton etc. Etc.etc to be loaned or sold, ffs w4 would have a squad of 40 if we let them all stay, and there’s none of them going to get a sniff bar a massive injury list.

Haddl
This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.
Hardley great news. I'd say it was disappointing.
He should have been outstanding for us, just didn't work.

^ Respectful but realistic in the same post.

Some others on here would do well to take note of this tone at times I would suggest.

Are we getting money for him? If not, why not. We’ve nursed him back to health and hopefully his full potential whilst forking out a wage. I really hope we don’t let him go for the sake of “getting him off the wage bill”. I have a feeling this lad will come good.
Obviously if we're not getting any money for him it's because no one wants to pay money for him

We're not getting any money for him because ut's a season long loan deal it appears.

The reason I asked if Gerrard has commented on this deal yet, is I have a feeling he is allowing Rossiter to go on loan to give him more game time, the same as he is with Ross McRorie, and he will decide on whether to extend his contract or not depending on how he gets on with regular football. I still think Rossiter may have a chance of making it with us.

Jordan Rossiter was available for most of the first half of last season and couldn't get into the team and stay there. In fact in the 2 games he started, against Hamilton and Dundee, he was absolutely miles away from the standard required.

Given the midfield has been improved since then with Davis, Aribo and a hungrier Docherty there was no way Rossiter was going to get game time this season.

No doubt the injuries hindered his progress over the previous two seasons but I really hope this move let's him kick on again with his career.

Jordan Rossiter was available for most of the first half of last season and couldn't get into the team and stay there. In fact in the 2 games he started, against Hamilton and Dundee, he was absolutely miles away from the standard required.

Given the midfield has been improved since then with Davis, Aribo and a hungrier Docherty there was no way Rossiter was going to get game time this season.

No doubt the injuries hindered his progress over the previous two seasons but I really hope this move let's him kick on again with his career.

No, you have it all wrong. This is being done with a view to extending his contract. Despite the manager not taking him to Portugal to have a look at him.

No, you have it all wrong. This is being done with a view to extending his contract. Despite the manager not taking him to Portugal to have a look at him.

I wasn't aware of that at all, I had assumed his last year was being run down and he would be free to go after.

Like I said previously I really hope he can get his career back on track and if that means a successful loan at Fleetwood and us extending his contract then all the better.

Yes apparently that is the case. I'm sure you'll agree the OP doesnt suggest that

I agree the OP doesn't suggest that, but it is mentioned throughout the latter part of the thread.

Rossiter is a strange case, although he has hardly played for us, some folk seem desperate to keep him and others seem desperate for him to leave.

I admit I'm in the 'keep him' camp, purely because I think he has the potential to be a very talented player, and he could play a big part for us and potentially make us a lot more money than we have ever spent on him, although I appreciate that may be blind optimism, and I can understand why some want to get rid of him.
I just think he's worth the gamble.

the boy will never make it at Rangers

thats no disrepect to the guy

its a pure fitness issue

Loan is good for him and potentially us.

If he’s a superstar, plays every game, then maybe we offer him another year.

If not, he’ll have proven he’s injury free and get a big whack of a sign on fee from a championship club.

Six month on fire down there and maybe a years extension here to finally see if he can make it

I'd be extremely wary of offering an extension, unless the contract is tailored in such a way to protect us from having another 12 months of an injured player.

His time is up. It's been unfortunate. Too expensive to continue with nothing in return.

Back