Jordan Rossiter

Ross_

Official Ticketer
with no search function ...

Does anyone know any updates on his ankle injury? Have high hopes for the lad but looks like he’s never going to be fit long enough to see the ability he has.

Cheers

Not sure of the progress on his injury but I'd be pretty happy to cut our losses and get him off the wage bill.

Like you difficult to get any news on the boy .
Although he has the ability you get the feeling he is made of glass .Shame really and good luck to him

Last report was a month(ish) and that was over a week ago.

He got a bad knock in the match in Valencia on his ankle which ended up bruising badly.

I would love it if he made it with us,hopefully he was definitely on the right track before this ankle injury.

He won't get in our team anyway. We have went up several notches in midfield with Docherty, Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie all ahead of him as well as Goss if he stays.

Boys missed his chance unfortunately.

Not sure mate

McCrorie I can see moved back into defence and the high likelihood is Goss won’t be here.

End of the day you can’t be England under 21 captain if you are useless. I think he can still play a part and give us a good option

But....

Wether he will ever be fit is a big question. I think we have invested too much in him with minimal return to give up on him just yet.

Write off the rest of the season, work on fitness, get him a pre season in the summer then loan him out for a year and see where we’re at after that.

Not the worst idea in the world, but I’d be concerned about him getting booted about the lower leagues here, so maybe a loan outwith Scotland may be an idea. Although, considering his latest was against Valencia, I may just be talking shite.

He won't get in our team anyway. We have went up several notches in midfield with Docherty, Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie all ahead of him as well as Goss if he stays.

Boys missed his chance unfortunately.
This is almost as nonsensical as people saying we should get him off the wage bill (which will cost us just as much as keeping him).

Almost.

Probably at the end of his contract .....

He’d have a year left when he came back to us I believe.

Not the worst idea in the world, but I’d be concerned about him getting booted about the lower leagues here, so maybe a loan outwith Scotland may be an idea. Although, considering his latest was against Valencia, I may just be talking shite.
I’d prefer somewhere in England but I don’t think we’d struggle to get an spl club who wouldn’t take him.

This is almost as nonsensical as people saying we should get him off the wage bill (which will cost us just as much as keeping him).

Almost.

"Getting him off the wage bill" will cost us significantly more than keeping him!

Either he is fit, playing for us and making a contribution or he is injured and the insurance is paying some/all his wages.

I'm gutted we haven't seen much if him. I had high hopes for him. Hope he can get over this and get a run.

We should ban these threads on Rossiter.
Every bear knows that the boy is in trouble and every bear knows if there was any good news it'd be out there. Let him be.
All the O.P. has done is encourage the rhabid lurkers and some of our own doom-mongers.
Poor show O.P.

"Get him off the wage bill" is a daft shout to be honest. As long as he is injured we will not be paying his wages, as the insurance will be. I would much rather he stayed as I still have high hopes for him.

His ankle knock has nothing to do with previous injuries, and he has just been unlucky this time. All being well, he could be back doing light training next week. Probably still 3 weeks away from being fit, if no relapses.

Be another David Templeton, as soon as his contracts up he’ll get fit and start turning in MOM displays for some other mob. Some players just aren’t meant to be for us, sadly.

Every bear knows that the boy is in trouble and every bear knows if there was any good news it'd be out there. Let him be.
All the O.P. has done is encourage the rhabid lurkers and some of our own doom-mongers.
Poor show O.P.

Really ? very good.

or more so i was interested to see if there was any news as his latest issue was "an ankle knock"

but aye i wont post anymore as it clearly upsets you - i will start a thread on Celtic instead might be more to your liking ?

Liverpool could not get him fit we cannot get him fit he doesn't seem to have the physical make up to compete at football at a high level without his body breaking down.
Seems a real decent lad as well always smiling and happy.

He’d have a year left when he came back to us I believe.

I’d prefer somewhere in England but I don’t think we’d struggle to get an spl club who wouldn’t take him.

You know, I didn’t even think about our league. That could possibly be the best move from our perspective. You know the old, strengthen other teams against everyone except us. I’m led to believe that others use this tactic fairly regularly. :rolleyes:

I would like to see the club settle with his contract as he would be due a fee for early termination but the club have been very fair with him and I’d like to think he wouldn’t be unreasonable in his demands.

He’s made of chocolate and has been a total write off! We’re a football club not a rehabilitation centre.

Really ? very good.

or more so i was interested to see if there was any news as his latest issue was "an ankle knock"

but aye i wont post anymore as it clearly upsets you - i will start a thread on Celtic instead might be more to your liking ?

It's just not the same in here when the schools are off.

"Get him off the wage bill" is a daft shout to be honest. As long as he is injured we will not be paying his wages, as the insurance will be. I would much rather he stayed as I still have high hopes for him.

His ankle knock has nothing to do with previous injuries, and he has just been unlucky this time. All being well, he could be back doing light training next week. Probably still 3 weeks away from being fit, if no relapses.

Absolutely agree with the majority of what you say here but the notion that his wages are paid by insurance is nonsense. It appears to be a new myth being peddled about injured players but it’s fantasy stuff.

I would like to see the club settle with his contract as he would be due a fee for early termination but the club have been very fair with him and I’d like to think he wouldn’t be unreasonable in his demands.

He’s made of chocolate and has been a total write off! We’re a football club not a rehabilitation centre.

So you’d walk away from your job for a fraction of what you’d be due because some customers were unhappy with the service. Some of the chat about getting rid of him is completely laughable.

I feel frustrated for the lad so god knows how he must feel!!
Personally I think we continue to be patient with him as I believe he would be a great addition to the team/squad.

Absolutely agree with the majority of what you say here but the notion that his wages are paid by insurance is nonsense. It appears to be a new myth being peddled about injured players but it’s fantasy stuff.
Myth or not regarding insurance , and what would the logic be in paying the boy out , and not persevering with him with 2 years left , he goes somewhere else gets fit? 1 how does that look 2 we have just lost a valuable asset . For what would have cost to keep him .

Myth or not regarding insurance , and what would the logic be in paying the boy out , and not persevering with him with 2 years left , he goes somewhere else gets fit? 1 how does that look 2 we have just lost a valuable asset . For what would have cost to keep him .

I’m not suggesting paying him off, it would be a stupid decision to do that. Just pointing out that everyone these days seems to think injured players wages are covered by insurance when they are absolutely not.

Poor show O.P.
Have to agree as they all go the same way.

I think I remember a few Liverpool fans saying at the time of signing that he was very highly rated but made of glass.

So it’s obviously not a new thing. Gutted for JR but can’t see any future for him at the club.

Hope I’m proven wrong because his attitude and enthusiasm for the club has been first class. I could see him being a real leader in the dressing room.

So you’d walk away from your job for a fraction of what you’d be due because some customers were unhappy with the service. Some of the chat about getting rid of him is completely laughable.
Oh shut up, who said it’d be “a fraction of what he’s due” but lots of people in football take settlements that are less than they are contractually due! Do you think the likes of David Moyes etc walked away with a £20m pay off??

He isn’t doing his “job” is he??? That’s the whole point!!

Poor show O.P.
Got agree with this. Boy will be back when he is back. And just just gives the usual suspects the ammo to have a go at the boy and come out with the shite that we should just cut our loses.. Unbelievable

Now around 6th choice AND always '10 days away'...we should plan for a future without him and ANY appearances treat as a wee bonus.

Back