Jordan Rossiter

Got agree with this. Boy will be back when he is back. And just just gives the usual suspects the ammo to have a go at the boy and come out with the shite that we should just cut our loses.. Unbelievable

Agree with this and Commentator.

He's injured, he's been injured for ages, he has had ongoing problems that have proven much more difficult to shift than we had hoped.

He has talent. We've all seen that in glimpses.

At this stage, nobody will sign him and paying off his entire contract up front and early makes no sense whatsoever. So, we keep him, we treat him, we continue to support him and we hope he will eventually shake off these nightmarish injury problems.

Let's just leave the lad alone and let him and the club get on with trying to get his career back on track.

Oh shut up, who said it’d be “a fraction of what he’s due” but lots of people in football take settlements that are less than they are contractually due! Do you think the likes of David Moyes etc walked away with a £20m pay off??

He isn’t doing his “job” is he??? That’s the whole point!!

So what would be the point in paying him off then? Surely just impatient stupidity. Most managers have a clause already written into their deals regarding what they’d get if they are sacked. Some get the full amount they are due, some get paid their salary until they get another job with the previous club having to make up any difference thereafter. Some get a very small percentage of their salary. Termination clauses are not included in player’s deals as they would never sign them. There is absolutely no reason for Rossiter to accept a lower pay off than his full contract.

No its not.

It 100% is. It’s absolute nonsense. The premiums required to have that level of insurance would be utterly obscene, to the point that not even the richest clubs in the world all have such policies. They have some of their top players insured to a ridiculous level and even at that they are lucky to recoup half of the wages paid out to these types of players during periods of injury.

Bizarre that our own supposed fans are just willing to cut ties with the young lad. We have literally nothing to lose by waiting for him to recover. As Derek said, wages are covered by insurance.

He was U19 captain for England and they have some ridiculous talent in their youth teams. The lad is highly thought of. If he can overcome his injuries(a big if), then there's no doubt we have a player on our hands.

We're now currently playing well, so the pressure to have someone like Rossiter back in action isn't as pressing. Let's just wait and see what happens.

So what would be the point in paying him off then? Surely just impatient stupidity. Most managers have a clause already written into their deals regarding what they’d get if they are sacked. Some get the full amount they are due, some get paid their salary until they get another job with the previous club having to make up any difference thereafter. Some get a very small percentage of their salary. Termination clauses are not included in player’s deals as they would never sign them. There is absolutely no reason for Rossiter to accept a lower pay off than his full contract.
Because in my opinion he’d take a mutual settlement that would be less than he is due contractually since he’s been a complete wages thief the last season and a half.

What’s “impatient stupidity” about it? Do you honestly believe he’s got a future at the club which would see him being offered a new contract or an extension? He was made of chocolate at Liverpool and he’s hardly kicked a ball for us the whole time he’s been here??

He’s a total write off and I’m only saying if it was a viable option which I believe it is then I’d settle his contract and let him go.

Because in my opinion he’d take a mutual settlement that would be less than he is due contractually since he’s been a complete wages thief the last season and a half.

What’s “impatient stupidity” about it? Do you honestly believe he’s got a future at the club which would see him being offered a new contract or an extension? He was made of chocolate at Liverpool and he’s hardly kicked a ball for us the whole time he’s been here??

He’s a total write off and I’m only saying if it was a viable option which I believe it is then I’d settle his contract and let him go.

Wage theif? Your patter is horrendous. He’s been injured, not through choice. Was Durrant a wage thief during his recovery? These guys have to work harder and longer than anyone else to get back. To say they are stealing money is as ill informed and nonsensical as it gets. The impatient stupidity is that we’d be significantly out of pocket with the potential that he could go elsewhere and be a very good player. We are not talking about a 35 year old. He’s a young lad with many years ahead.

Why do people think he will suddenly get fit and play?

He spent his whole Liverpool career injured, he should never have been signed.

Would love to know who all made money on this deal.

Wage theif? Your patter is horrendous. He’s been injured, not through choice. Was Durrant a wage thief during his recovery? These guys have to work harder and longer than anyone else to get back. To say they are stealing money is as ill informed and nonsensical as it gets. The impatient stupidity is that we’d be significantly out of pocket with the potential that he could go elsewhere and be a very good player. We are not talking about a 35 year old. He’s a young lad with many years ahead.
What an insult to a club legend like Ian Durrant that you mention him in the same sentence!! Ian Durrant was a First team regular and contributor for club and country who was horrifically injured playing not picking up injuries fannying about in training!! My god!!

He’s a young lad that’s been injured his whole career! I asked you what you’d do with his situation? Do you extend his contract or offer him a new one since he’s a young lad with so much potential???

You’re obviously a big fan so how do you see his position pan out??

How did he end up England U19 / captain then ?

More nonsense that he spent full time at Liverpool injured. I’m sure he was their academy player of the year one year with folks down there raving about him. Had a couple of injuries like other players but back/hamstring issues didn’t really kick in till late in his time there before joining us. The latest injury is also unrelated to the long term problem and happened as he was desperately trying to get fit. We have Ryan Jack, Ross McCrorie, Dorrans and Wallace all out for longer than initially expected. Are those guys wage thiefs? Should we cut our losses on them? Complete hyperbole reactions to a kid being injured.

Point about him being skipper is spot on, he is very highly rated.

This type of post is why until info is released on the lad these threads should be binned , a wage thief a 20 year old trying all he can to get fit , no chance ,a wage thief is Kris Boyd in his last term with us lazy , unfit , and no attempt to try and rectify it .

More nonsense that he spent full time at Liverpool injured. I’m sure he was their academy player of the year one year with folks down there raving about him. Had a couple of injuries like other players but back/hamstring issues didn’t really kick in till late in his time there before joining us. The latest injury is also unrelated to the long term problem and happened as he was desperately trying to get fit. We have Ryan Jack, Ross McCrorie, Dorrans and Wallace all out for longer than initially expected. Are those guys wage thiefs? Should we cut our losses on them? Complete hyperbole reactions to a kid being injured.

Point about him being skipper is spot on, he is very highly rated.
He has managed one seaon at pl2 where played 19 games, other than thst it was 7 and 11 games a season if he was lucky.

He is done, he should never have been signed.

What an insult to a club legend like Ian Durrant that you mention him in the same sentence!! Ian Durrant was a First team regular and contributor for club and country who was horrifically injured playing not picking up injuries fannying about in training!! My god!!

He’s a young lad that’s been injured his whole career! I asked you what you’d do with his situation? Do you extend his contract or offer him a new one since he’s a young lad with so much potential???

You’re obviously a big fan so how do you see his position pan out??

I think you’re at wind up. Levels of drivel beyond belief. Durrant was an unbelievable prospect at the time, he was a first team regular but had so much more ahead of him. He broke down several times during his recovery and if we’d have treated him with the level of contempt you seem to think Rossiter deserves then we may never have seen him recover. Both around the same age bracket, both regarded as potential future stars. You talk as if Rossiter is deliberately getting injured. It doesn’t matter where a player gets injured, they deserve the same support and patience to get back.

He’s also not been injured for his full career. To say you are ill informed wouldn’t cover the half of it.

Last edited:
He has managed one seaon at pl2 where played 19 games, other than thst it was 7 and 11 games a season if he was lucky.

That’s your opinion , but the reality is we will work with the boy and give him everything he needs to try and get fit . That is the right thing to do and proud Rangers will do it in this manor .

Premier League 2 didn’t exist when he was at Liverpool. The youth leagues also only consist of about 20 odd games and he would have been young to be playing with the reserves/under 23’s. He was training full time with the first team at a young age didn’t have the horrendous injury record that people seem to think he did.

Premier League 2 didn’t exist when he was at Liverpool. The youth leagues also only consist of about 20 odd games and he would have been young to be playing with the reserves/under 23’s. He was training full time with the first team at a young age didn’t have the horrendous injury record that people seem to think he did.
Thats what his records say mate.

He was injured loads at Liverpool, but people can continue to delude themselve that he is going to get fit and play.

That’s your opinion , but the reality is we will work with the boy and give him everything he needs to try and get fit . That is the right thing to do and proud Rangers will do it in this manor .
Yeah lets forget he has been injured most of his tim e here.

Sometimes you gave to just deal with the fact we were robbed and move on.

I think you’re at wind up. Levels of drivel beyond belief. Durrant was an unbelievable prospect at the time, he was a first team regular but had so much more ahead of him. He broke down several times during his recovery and if we’d have treated him with the level of contempt you seem to think Rossiter deserves then we may never have seen him recover. Both around the same age bracket, both regarded as potential future stars. You talk as if Rossiter is deliberately getting injured. It doesn’t matter where a player gets injured, they deserve the same support and patience to get back.

He’s also not been injured for his full career. To say you are ill informed wouldn’t cover the half of it.
What are you on about? Ian Durrant was an established first team regular for club and country and yes he was 21 when injured but that’s the only comparison with Rossiter! He has hundreds of appearances for the club!

Rossiter has been injured his whole career as a First team player and is hardly into double figures with Liverpool and Rangers combined!!

I’m not treating him with contempt but I don’t believe he has a future as a football player. I’ve asked you three times now and you’ve not answered how do you see his situation pan out at the club?? You seem to be a big fan so what would satisfy you with the situation, I’m really interested to know??

Forget this season maybe the odd development match for Jordan give him a good Pre season and a fresh start and see where we are then. Nobody has seen enough of him in a Rangers jersey to judge either way

What are you on about? Ian Durrant was an established first team regular for club and country and yes he was 21 when injured but that’s the only comparison with Rossiter! He has hundreds of appearances for the club!

Rossiter has been injured his whole career as a First team player and is hardly into double figures with Liverpool and Rangers combined!!

I’m not treating him with contempt but I don’t believe he has a future as a football player. I’ve asked you three times now and you’ve not answered how do you see his situation pan out at the club?? You seem to be a big fan so what would satisfy you with the situation, I’m really interested to know??

I’d give the lad the chance to recover and show a bit of patience. I don’t need a lecture from you on Ian Durrant, I know fine well what he was and where he was in his career at the time. He was out for almost 3 years though and throughout that time the club could have ‘cut their losses’ but didn’t. They looked after him, and did what they had to do to help him recover. He was never able to fulfil his potential due to the nature of his injury but still had a huge impact on the club. Steven Gerrard would perhaps have been an easier comparison for you to understand though. A guy who spent months and months injured at Liverpool before becoming one of their greatest players of all time.

My mistake bud had it in my head he was under 21s!
He's a long way off that standard (even when fully fit etc.), England have got some fantastic young midfielders at the moment......the majority of whom are being hoarded by the 'top clubs' and won't develop any further but hey-ho, that's the nature of The Best League In The World I suppose.

Wage thief?

Just f*ck off

It's a myth that insurance covers the cost of injured players wages, even the most comprehensive policies (with wince inducing premiums to match) only cover a maximum of 50%. If the rumour that he's on 10k a week is accurate then that's quite the financial hit for very little return on the park.

The lack of communication from the club is a joke IMO. Paying fans deserve to know what's happening with a player.

I’d give the lad the chance to recover and show a bit of patience. I don’t need a lecture from you on Ian Durrant, I know fine well what he was and where he was in his career at the time. He was out for almost 3 years though and throughout that time the club could have ‘cut their losses’ but didn’t. They looked after him, and did what they had to do to help him recover. He was never able to fulfil his potential due to the nature of his injury but still had a huge impact on the club. Steven Gerrard would perhaps have been an easier comparison for you to understand though. A guy who spent months and months injured at Liverpool before becoming one of their greatest players of all time.
Show patience??? So almost two years without one full 90 minutes under your belt isn't showing patience?
I'm not giving you a lecture but you're missing the point the Club "didn't cut it's losses" because like I said earlier Durrant had shown what an amazing player he was and had played for a couple of seasons he'd proved himself at the highest level, Rossiter hasn't even got 90 minutes under his belt. He hardly had a first team game for Liverpool either and at his age I'm sure you'll see a pattern develop eh??

So you'd give him even more time and persevere for another two and a half years and let him see out his contract to see if he fulfills this potential that is rapidly fading by the minute?

Fair play then if that's what you want to see, but I don't believe he'll kick another first team ball for us and he'll have four years of wages tucked in his hipper for very little return.

Wage thief?

Just f*ck off

Sorry that wasn't the best term to use, I should have said a contracted football player who gets paid wages to play football but doesn't actually play any football.

Calm your jets too, you're on a fans forum and there is no need to swear.

We have some unsympathetic types in our support.

He's out right now with a bruised ankle. Something that could happen to any player we have. But no, that's the final straw. Cut him loose.

I think he'll come back and make you choke on your cornflakes.

He's a long way off that standard (even when fully fit etc.), England have got some fantastic young midfielders at the moment......the majority of whom are being hoarded by the 'top clubs' and won't develop any further but hey-ho, that's the nature of The Best League In The World I suppose.

The majority of the current England under 21s are the same players that Rossiter played with and captained at under 19 level so I wouldn't say he's a long way off that standard whatsoever.

No doubt his progress has been severely hampered by injuries, but the standard of player Rossiter is at 100% fitness and taking his injury problems out of the equation, is the same level the current England 21s were when Rossiter signed for us.

That's why we should give the young lad every opportunity to get fit and try force his way back into the side. We have a potential gem on our hands.

This is almost as nonsensical as people saying we should get him off the wage bill (which will cost us just as much as keeping him).

Almost.

In what way? What has he shown for us that makes him better than the midfielders we have?
Some of these guys gave epl and international experience while others have been to places like Pittodrie and the piggery and performed admirably.

He was signed when we were in a different place.

I will be brutally honest here, based on the brief moments he has actually managed to get himself onto a football pitch, he hasn't looked anything better than average.

I am aware I will be in a minority here.

The majority of the current England under 21s are the same players that Rossiter played with and captained at under 19 level so I wouldn't say he's a long way off that standard whatsoever.

No doubt his progress has been severely hampered by injuries, but the standard of player Rossiter is at 100% fitness and taking his injury problems out of the equation, is the same level the current England 21s were when Rossiter signed for us.

That's why we should give the young lad every opportunity to get fit and try force his way back into the side. We have a potential gem on our hands.
He's not on the same level as a Will Hughes or a Reuben Loftus-Cheek, nowhere near. Them lads were already in the Under-21s when Rossiter was in the Under-19s.

I really hope we can end up extracting some value from him on the pitch but I just don't think he's as good as some make him out to be. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Guy seems to be doing everything to get fit and has my respect for that. Fronted up the media after the Progres shambles while others hid

Done at 19!! Jesus, I've heard it all now.

While I do agree, the boy seems to made of glass. He surely isn't done. He has had a terrible time with injuries (mostly muscular I think, don't know if there has been any underlying issues) but I would rule this one as a completely separate issue. This one is a knock, he got a bad knock on the ankle, it could happen to anyone.

Wasn't Peter Lovenkrands the same when he joined us, for the first season or 2. He kept having hamstring injuries or something. And look how he turned out, not to bad if memory serves me correctly.

I will be brutally honest here, based on the brief moments he has actually managed to get himself onto a football pitch, he hasn't looked anything better than average.

I am aware I will be in a minority here.
Do you think joining a new team, in a new league, surrounded by severely average players with less than average bottle, being injured regularly, not having a consistent run in the team, not properly match fit, playing in a directionless system (passing for passings' sake), with a manager who shall we say didn't have much of a clue, that he was going to look better than average?

Look feel sorry for the lad but there’s no way he’s coming back. Never known a player to be more constantly injured than him. Surely the board will be looking to offload him in the summer because we’re paying him a decent wage and he’s never fit to play.

Back