Jordan Rossiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksBear

Now that he is fit and available for selection he doesn't seem to be able to get on the pitch. if he is worse than Coulibaly was last night then we are well calling it quits

I’m fed up hearing about him . Never fit .
He's been fit for ages you tit, Gerrard has confirmed as much and he's been in and around the squad for quite some time. He's just got to prove he deserves game time as the gaffer has stated. He was also on the bench last night and is working his way in, will probably play a part on Saturday.

Fit as in not injured , but fit enough to play 90 minutes ?

Either way he’s getting a wage , a decent one , and has contributed the square root of Fck all in 2.5 years . Enough is enough .
The manager has stated he will be eased back in. Or are we just to go with "enough is enough"

Great way to get him match fit....the 'never playing him even for 3 minutes' approach.

Exactly this .

When is two and a half seasons not enough time to prove fitness /ability?

I feel for the lad but it’s time to admit he is never going to be a first team regular for us .

If he’s “ fit” , as some are suggesting , then obviously Gerrard thinks jack, coullibally, ejaria offer more .

Either way , Rossiter isn’t and hasn’t contributed anything to Rangers since he arrived .

Enough is enough?

What do you suggest we do with him?

Stop pretending he’s some sort of savour “ once fit” would be a start . Pay him off ? Move him on? Would anyone take him? I don’t know that’s the football departments highly paid decision to make.

But he isn’t going to become a regular in our first team .

Sadly, that much is clear . It hasn’t worked .

Great way to get him match fit....the 'never playing him even for 3 minutes' approach.
3 minutes isn't going to make a difference to match fitness.
Also playing a player short of match fitness and with an injury history and not allowing him to ease into a game for a very short period could be detrimental.

It's better to save him to play a significant amount of a game which isn't so intense and against opposition that WILL go in dirty in order to build match fitness. He can ease in and play more game cometative game time and work his way into the team, on Gerrards clock.

Gerrard has said he's injury free and has been for some time, he's played some reserve football, has been in full training for quite a while and has been in and around the squad to keep him as part of things. He will most likely start against Dundee or against a less demanding team. I'd imagine we'd prefer him not to be up against that beardy prick for the sheep and be taken out when he's being eased back in, which is wise. Isn't that better and allow him to build up slowly and hit the ground running rather than being slightly off pace, against a bunch of dirty fuckers and risk a setback?

He is doing the right thing. Or maybe some people just know better than the gaffer and prefer to moan like %^*& about something not paying attention to what's actually going on.

Last edited:
Time to see what the lad can offer. If he is fit enough for the bench and reserve games, it's time to give him a chance as nobody that has been playing has cemented down a place.

For me rossiter, mccrorie, grezda, halliday, barisic and kent all start on Sunday if fit.
I think Sunday Stevie G will make big changes. I would bring everyone mentioned into team and put young Dallas on the bench. He’s scoring for fun at the moment in the Reserves

You're all over the place here. How can he START a league game we need to win away from home when he has zero minutes football this season? The longer he doesn't play the LESS likely he is to be a go-to player.
Is Dundee not a far easier game than the Sheep for him to play a significant amount of football and ease himself in? Or does the table lie? Playing a few minutes vs the Sheep would do NOTHING for match fitness. The Sheep are dirty bastards who will go in extra hard.

Gerrard knows what he's doing, he knows a lot more about Rossiter, his past and his current status. He also knows what it's like for him and others to have a series of injuries and how do deal with those, and has expert advice along the way from medical professionals a lot more qualified than we had under the previous incumbents. Or do you know better?

Last edited:
See post above.... ^

A significant amount of a game that wasn’t so crucial - like when we were comfortabley beating a 10man Motherwell??? He never got a sniff then either.

Any minutes on the pitch is better than no minutes. Agreed that, 3 mins against Aberdeen isn’t ideal - but there was the livi game which we controlled start to finish. Then there was the St Mirren game (which should’ve been comfortable “on paper” as you’ve alluded to with sunday’s game against Dundee). Rossiter never got a sniff of any of these “easy” games.

A significant amount of a game that wasn’t so crucial - like when we were comfortabley beating a 10man Motherwell??? He never got a sniff then either.

Any minutes on the pitch is better than no minutes. Agreed that, 3 mins against Aberdeen isn’t ideal - but there was the livi game which we controlled start to finish. Then there was the St Mirren game (which should’ve been comfortable “on paper” as you’ve alluded to with sunday’s game against Dundee). Rossiter never got a sniff of any of these “easy” games.

Are Motherwell's thugs really opposition to throw in a player with an injury history? He'd played for the Reserves prior to St Mirren. This week he was withdrawn from the Reserves game, on the bench midweek and I think will feature this weekend. Gerrard and the medical staff will have a plan to ease him in, which isn't effected by negative people on here.

This will be a Kevin Keegan moment for me when he makes an impact. A more negative less supportive lot I've not known than some on here.

I have to say I think giving him 5/10 minutes now and then is just chucking him under a bus rather than building fitness - I don't know what kind of fitness that would build?
Exactly, yet some on here would rather throw him out for 10 minutes when he needs easing in, against thugs like the sheep or Murderwell have. Because seeing him halved like he was vs Hibs at the end of last season makes a great amount of fucking sense.

Are Motherwell's thugs really opposition to throw in a player with an injury history, he'd played for the Reserves prior to St Mirren.

Your clutching at straws bud!

He can’t play against big bad Motherwell coz he has a history of injury but we’ll play him on a plastic pitch at Hamilton a couple of weeks previously o_O

I’m sure Jack and Grezda were pitched into Motherwell straight off the back of a period on the sidelines aswell. Grezda moreso than Jack and he didn’t fair to badly iirc.

Even McAuley got 45mins against Motherwell having hardly played any games for months.

I really thought we'd be seeing him getting 20/30 minutes off the bench, but just not happening.

Only the manager and backroom staff really know what the script is with Jordan Rossiter.

Absolutely mate. I thought the same. Even moreso because we’ve had opportunities to do so, plus he’s not in the European squad so there is scope to freshen things up with him.

Very strange to say the least.

Rossiter might be being well managed by SG from a psychological/motivational perspective. Keeping him on the bench to feel like he’s “getting there”. But in reality he might be a bit away yet.

As you say, only SG and his management team know the circumstances.

How can this kid not be fit after what 5 years?
This is not passing any smell test at all. From what I can see it’s a confidence problem not a physical one.

Get him on the field as a regular for 45 min is = to a full shift ojara.

If he is that fucked up at this age get him on the phone selling Stadium bricks

Stop pretending he’s some sort of savour “ once fit” would be a start . Pay him off ? Move him on? Would anyone take him? I don’t know that’s the football departments highly paid decision to make.

But he isn’t going to become a regular in our first team .

Sadly, that much is clear . It hasn’t worked .
I said he's a saviour?

I said he was fit, nothing else.

No idea.

I'm not the manager, I'm only stating he's fit.

Players don’t play because:
1. not fit
2. not good enough
3. tactical reasons

It can’t be tactical reasons as we’re crying out for someone like Rossiter in the midfield. Plus we could do with freshinging things up in the engine room and Rossiter is the perfect candidate since he’s not in the europa league squad.

Players don’t play because:
1. not fit
2. not good enough
3. tactical reasons

It can’t be tactical reasons as we’re crying out for someone like Rossiter in the midfield. Plus we could do with freshinging things up in the engine room and Rossiter is the perfect candidate since he’s not in the europa league squad.
So he was on the bench last night but not fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back