Jordan Rossiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a lifetime ago Warburton was giving it the 7 to 10 days patter. What’s changed? Not a lot. You get the feeling that if he does play it won’t be long til he’s out again.

So no half fit player has ever made the bench????

You’re either fully fit or not in the squad whatsoever????

Back to FIFA19 bud.
He's been fit for weeks, the manager has told us that unless your saying the manager is telling lies?

Now away and give me peace!

Coulibally started his Gers career like a runaway train man.he was strong in the tackle,direct and an absolute warrior,total different guy after the injury and I think he had a death in the family??

If Rossiter is fit,he needs game time and could be no worse on the big guys form at the minute.

WATP

He's been fit for weeks, the manager has told us that unless your saying the manager is telling lies?

Now away and give me peace!

I’d stop short of saying lies, but I would say the manager and our club (as are most other professionals) are economical with the truth.

Now enjoy your peaceful game of Fifa ;)

I don't buy into the idea you need to have seen hours of players to know they are good.

** SPOILER** not comparing the two but...

If I had only seen Messi play once in an age with no TV etc I would know he was good, I wouldnt need to watch him a load of times.

To me, it is as obvious as the hole in ones arse Rossiter is a player when you see him.

We seem to be overly cautious with players returning from injury.

Look at Hearts last week Berra out for 6 months, back in 3 and ate up (copyright M Stewart) every ball into the box.

How long have we had Barasic in full training. Same Wallace.

Remember McCoist playing in Europe something like a week after undergoing key hole surgery. Did he not come on in cup final maybe semi at Parkhead and score an overhead kick ten minutes after getting a stookie off his broken leg.

Why are some posters acting as if Rossiter isn't fit and hasn't been for some time? The fact of the matter is that he is currently fit, hence his inclusion in the squad last night.

I fully understand "easing" players into matches, particularly those who have been out for a lengthy period due to injury but if any game required a shake up in midfield it was last night.
Coulibally and Ejaria were well off the pace and Jack wasn't much better.
I fully expected Rossiter to come on around the hour mark and why he didn't remains a total mystery to me.

I'm confused are we blaming Rossiter for last night crap performance ? Exactly how is it his fault or is it the typical FF after a defeat randomly pull names out the hat to slag

It is a bit odd as he was decent against hamilton for about 60 mins before he tired and was culpable for the goal.

Tbh I've not seen enough of him to know what he can add. To me, he seems a bit like a more dynamic centre mid than Jack. A bit more all action & mobile.

Putting his injury woes aside, my biggest concern is he lacks the physical stature to really boss a midfield.

I would like to see him get the opportunity here and there against weaker spl sides to see what he can do.

Could he play further forward he seemed to look decent against hivs last season and even managed a goal

What I do find strange is that he started against Hamilton (which at the time seemed a bit out of the blue) 6 weeks ago, and hasn't even come off the bench since.

Has to be given a run of games to find his rhythm or we're never going to know.

Loved his performance vs. Hibs at the end of last season.

Really hope to see him soon. We need him, and he is without doubt at least as talented as the other mids. In fact more talented, IMHO.

We need creativity, someone to give us the unexpected when we are struggling.
I doubt we'll get that from a defensive midfielder, even if he stays fit.

He should start on Sunday in place of Coulibaly or Ejaria for me.
This Rossiter would be an improvement on these two from what I saw last night
4fa7cc91380c1227317f5e15735388aa.jpg

He's been fit for ages you tit, Gerrard has confirmed as much and he's been in and around the squad for quite some time. He's just got to prove he deserves game time as the gaffer has stated. He was also on the bench last night and is working his way in, will probably play a part on Saturday.

Can’t get enough use of the word tit.

For me rossiter, mccrorie, grezda, halliday, barisic and kent all start on Sunday if fit.
I agree with you
Grezda needs to build confidence
He lacks that at the moment
I think playing for a team as huge as Rangers is not so easy for some players
I’d like to see Barisic link up down the left with Grezda
I’d like to see Tav link up down the right with Kent
With Lafferty down the middle
Rossiter and Arfield and Mcgrorie in midfield
Goldson and mcauley and McGregor at the back

Fit as in not injured , but fit enough to play 90 minutes ?

Either way he’s getting a wage , a decent one , and has contributed the square root of Fck all in 2.5 years . Enough is enough .
Yeah, now that he's over his injury, we'll tell him to beat it. Ffs.

He’s streets ahead of any of the three who started in midfield for us last night.

He’s been on the bench/around the fringes of the squad for months now which suggests he must have a certain level of witness.
I’ve no idea why he hasn’t even featured from the bench much lately.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't start on Sunday.

All well and good .

But will he then start the next game , and the next game ?

Or will he disappear for 6 weeks as has been the pattern since he signed .

I make no apologies for saying , he’s a good player , but my patience has now gone in terms of viewing him as a first team starter .

We seem to be overly cautious with players returning from injury.

Look at Hearts last week Berra out for 6 months, back in 3 and ate up (copyright M Stewart) every ball into the box.

How long have we had Barasic in full training. Same Wallace.

Remember McCoist playing in Europe something like a week after undergoing key hole surgery. Did he not come on in cup final maybe semi at Parkhead and score an overhead kick ten minutes after getting a stookie off his broken leg.

I agree, also been somewhat puzzled by the gaffers reluctance to play some of the players returning from injury when they're clearly training with rest of the team. Barasic, Rossiter and Grezda in particular seem to have to wait an age together in the team. I understand caution, match fitness etc but at least give them an hour or so. I really hope all 3 start on Sunday and Kent as well, team badly needs freshening up after last nights shit-show.

I've not given up on Rossiter by a long shot btw. Boy has talent and His performance at Easter Road on last day of last season was a real eye-opener in terms of his overall game - dynami, box to box and a tidy finish for his goal as well. Exactly what we need.

Either him or McCrorie deserve their chance now. Players should play on merit and our midfielders aren’t performing at the moment.

I agree with you
Grezda needs to build confidence
He lacks that at the moment
I think playing for a team as huge as Rangers is not so easy for some players
I’d like to see Barisic link up down the left with Grezda
I’d like to see Tav link up down the right with Kent
With Lafferty down the middle
Rossiter and Arfield and Mcgrorie in midfield
Goldson and mcauley and McGregor

Sorry mis-read...

Do agree, worth trying that midfield if Rossiter is ready. We're missing Mccrorie type drive too.

When we suffer a bad defeat the guys on the bench suddenly become world beaters.
But in this case it's a bit different as Gerrard said Rossiter was flying in pre-season and was the stand-out, so why hasn't he been bled back into the team?
After his comeback in the cup game I expected him to kick on and make some substitute appearances etc.
Maybe Gerrard sees him as a holding-type midfield similar to Jack and Coulibably, and bringing him into the team wouldn't improve us in the final third.

When we suffer a bad defeat the guys on the bench suddenly become world beaters.
But in this case it's a bit different as Gerrard said Rossiter was flying in pre-season and was the stand-out, so why hasn't he been bled back into the team?
After his comeback in the cup game I expected him to kick on and make some substitute appearances etc.
Maybe Gerrard sees him as a holding-type midfield similar to Jack and Coulibably, and bringing him into the team wouldn't improve us in the final third.

We do seem to have too many similar midfielders, McCrorie, Jack, Coulibaly, Rossiter, all fairly defensive, like to sit deeper, only Airfield is by going beyond the forwards,
Trust Stevie to sort it

We do seem to have too many similar midfielders, McCrorie, Jack, Coulibaly, Rossiter, all fairly defensive, like to sit deeper, only Airfield is by going beyond the forwards,
Trust Stevie to sort it

Yip, I do trust Gerrard and he's only had one window.
I've always said if we're within touching distance of Celtic by Xmas, the first stage of the season has been a success.
I still think Rossiter could have played in away games instead of an off-form Coulibably.
Rossiter is the best player we have at recycling the ball.

I'm better than Coulibaly at the moment. (Extremely over-exagerrated of course)

If he doesnt find some form soon his Rangers career will plummet.

We have Halliday, McCrorie, and Rossiter who are waiting on a chance. I think Coulibaly has had plenty.

I'm better than Coulibaly at the moment. (Extremely over-exagerrated of course)

If he doesnt find some form soon his Rangers career will plummet.

We have Halliday, McCrorie, and Rossiter who are waiting on a chance. I think Coulibaly has had plenty.

I can see Halliday and Rossiter coming in and Flanners and Cool-B dropped for Dundee.

So therefore he mustn’t be considered good enough by the management team, same applies to McCrorie.
You might be right. We'll find out when the team is out for Dundee.

Hopefully we are second behind Kilmarnock after beating Dundee.

If Coulibaly is on either the team sheet or subs bench on Sunday before Jordon Rossiter then he has a problem.

Coulibaly is no where near the level we require

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back