Jordan Rossiter

Rangers loanee suffers freak injury during English league match

Rangers midfielder Jordan Rossiter suffered a bizarre injury in Fleetwood Town's match at Doncaster Rovers on Saturday.

The 22-year-old, who has started all four of the Cod Army's matches this season under the tutelage of former Ibrox midfielder Joey Barton, was replaced at half-time. He had left the pitch during the first period for treatment and resumed play with his head bandaged, but did not emerge for the start of the second 45.

Speaking to the Scotsman's sister title, the Blackpool Gazette, Barton revealed why the former Liverpool youngster had been unable to continue, despite setting up Conor McAleny for the opening goal.

“We scored a goal and Jordan had to come off. He got a cut to his eye, which was caused in our celebration, weirdly," Barton said.

“Hopefully it is nothing to worry about and he is available for selection [against Wycombe Wanderers tonight].

“He was off the pitch for a period [receiving treatment] and we did not get a chance to enjoy our 1-0. In that period it was men against boys."

Fleetwood went on to lose the League One game 3-2, despite Rossiter's replacement Paddy Madden levelling the scoreline after Cameron John and James Coppinger had put the home side in front.

An injury-time own goal from former Aberdeen loanee Wes Burns handed Donny their first win of the new season.

I think Barton said he was injured celebrating in their last game (cut eye/head)

He's in his last year of his contract so he won't be back.

But I certainly wish him the best

He also said it was like 'men against boys' after Rossiter went off and they threw away their lead.

Hope the lad carves out a good career for himself but he's done at Rangers.

He might be out of contract but if be plays exceptionally well the next few months then he might get a contract offer, either with a view of him playing playing next season or being sold for a fee.

Don’t really care about Rossiter.

The hype on here was ridiculous, people having him over Ryan Jack even up until this summer based on absolutely %^*& all - they’re all looking a bit stupid now.

Hope he has a good career but could not give a shiny shite either way. An expensive mistake, but taking the risk was understandable.

Picking up a gash in a goal celebration pretty much sums the lad's injury record up. He will come and go from Rangers with us all scratching our heads wondering if he was good, bad or indifferent

I always wanted him to get going but never happened I wish him nothing but a good career as he is made of glass which isn’t ideal for the way he plays.

Fleetwood went on to lose the League One game 3-2, despite Rossiter's replacement Paddy Madden levelling the scoreline after Cameron John and James Coppinger had put the home side in front.

A classic player from one of the old Champ Man games. Could play right across the midfield if I remember rightly.

Aberdeen loanee scoring the winner. Suggests the SPL isn’t quite as bad as some would make out when players deemed not good enough for the sheep are playing at that level.

Don’t really care about Rossiter.

The hype on here was ridiculous, people having him over Ryan Jack even up until this summer based on absolutely %^*& all - they’re all looking a bit stupid now.

Hope he has a good career but could not give a shiny shite either way. An expensive mistake, but taking the risk was understandable.

There was a guy on here the other day saying he still felt Rossiter had a part to play.

It's based on complete zilch, the fantasy that he was the next Stevie G because he once played for Liverpool and had the same haircut or something daft like that.

The reality is that he was injured for 75% of his Rangers career then when he was finally fit wasn't deemed good enough and sent back out on loan to eat up the remainder of his contract.

Best of luck to the kid, but enough of this guff that we're missing a trick with him.

Can’t fault Rossiter for effort and commitment, was clearly desperate to make it happen with us

Don’t think he’ll ever play for us again but hope he goes on to have the career he’s earned

There was a guy on here the other day saying he still felt Rossiter had a part to play.

It's based on complete zilch, the fantasy that he was the next Stevie G because he once played for Liverpool and had the same haircut or something daft like that.

The reality is that he was injured for 75% of his Rangers career then when he was finally fit wasn't deemed good enough and sent back out on loan to eat up the remainder of his contract.

Best of luck to the kid, but enough of this guff that we're missing a trick with him.

I think it is more to do with the fact that he moved progressively through all the youth levels ahead of time and excelled at each stage, in much the same way as some folk wank themselves into a frenzy on here about Billy Gilmour.
There's no doubt he was(is) a talent, but his injuries have ruined his career so far.

Boys chance has gone at top level football I think. Boys he was probably streets ahead at youth level have now passed him due to injuries.

Cant see him playing top flight football again, should do very well though in the lower leagues and I wish him well

The manager gave him chances last season and the boy never took them. He then went out and signed a number of midfielders. The boy is going to have a decent career but it wont be with us.

We have spent a fortune on him he’s been fit a small percentage of that time and he’s now on loan to Fleetwood ,Let’s give him a 5 year deal and while we are at it give one to Dorrans abs Holt as well .
Why a 5 year deal? what's dorrans and holt got ti do with it?

Why a 5 year deal? what's dorrans and holt got ti do with it?

None of them should get anything else we have wasted enough money on all of them ,

How much do you think Rossiter is going to be worth playing well for Fleetwood,

He was a stand out for Bury and ended up at fleetwood .

A player I had completely forgotten all about.

Couldn't tell you how good or bad Jordan Rossiter is as I've barely seen the lad play. Looked okay in his small number of appearances for Rangers.

We've moved on and I hope he has a good, injury free career.

There was a time some folk on here said our best midfield 3 was halliday, rossiter and dorrans

How times have changed

Back