Jordan Thompson: Stoke City sign Blackpool midfielder for undisclosed fee

Shug176

Good luck to the lad

Stoke City have signed Northern Ireland midfielder Jordan Thompson for an undisclosed fee from Blackpool.

The 23-year-old, who has made 67 appearances for Blackpool since joining from Scottish side Rangers in the summer of 2018, has signed a two-and-a-year deal with the Potters.

Stoke boss Michael O'Neill gave Thompson his first international cap when he was Northern Ireland manager.

"He's a very talented left-footed player," said O'Neill.

"He's far from the finished article but equally I think he will be very valuable addition to the squad."

Thompson could make his Stoke debut when they visit Championship promotion hopefuls West Bromwich Albion on Monday.

Good luck to him. Thought he would have gotten more of a chance under Warburton. Hope he goes on to have a good career.

There'll be a thread in about 3 years time saying we should have kept him when he is running things in the championship and on about 30 caps for Northern Ireland. Not Rangers class though. We never learn

To be fair it was because he was an ex Man Utd player and he was getting signed at the time we were being promised gems of players in Dodoo and Rossiter also!

Dodoo and Rossiter were signed the following season.

Michael Stewart, Bojan Djordic and Sean Goss all had contracts at Man Utd at one time.

Playing zero minutes for Man Utd's first team wouldn't be a significant enough justification for the weekly threads Thompson had until he was sent to Airdrie on loan.

I said at the time he left I think he will play for Rangers again one day. I’m not sure of the situation why he never got many chances with us but he will definitely push on and become a good player. Wee man loves this club and will do everything in his power to be back here one day.
Good luck Jordan.

Met the wee man in Belfast Airport when he was off to North America for a friendly shortly after being released by us, got some looks for asking him for a picture and ignoring the rest of them!

"The 23-year-old, who has made 67 appearances for Blackpool since joining from Scottish side Rangers"

A curious form of words?

Back