Jordon Ibe - Worth a Punt ?

On one hand, wages too high, hasn't really done much for Liverpool and Bournemouth but has undoubted talent, probably too much of a punt.

on the other, Scott Sinclair was a star in this league for 1 season ffs.
Scott Sinclair not a great example , one good season then stole a wage.

On one hand, wages too high, hasn't really done much for Liverpool and Bournemouth but has undoubted talent, probably too much of a punt.

on the other, Scott Sinclair was a star in this league for 1 season ffs.
Sinclair had proven his quality under Rodgers which is why he signed him, Ibe is living off his reputation of being the next big thing at Liverpool. He’s done nothing of note in the game

Both were extremely poor signings and both weren't up for it either physically or mentally.

That's why I wouldn't take any more loans or academy players from Liverpool.

These players won't put in the effort or graft and when it demands get tough they are found wanting. Ejaria chucked it early doors and wanted out and Ojo barely looked interested after the Feyenoord game in Europe.
I don't think that means we were shafted. As in Liverpool deliberately sent us bad players. Both have talent but clearly still have an academy mentality.

Not getting into a poor Bournemouth side this year says it all but he could easily look a superstar up here as out With the big 2 it's pub league

Singlehandedly is a bit of a stretch.
Well, if he hadn't scored it then we'd have extra time to play with 9 men. My point is for all of the outlay (wages for half a season) his goal gave us a huge injection of income that was a massive help throughout the season. The way some people talk about him you'd think he'd racked up about a dozen own goals. He justified his loan with that goal imo.

Another talented player who hasn't progressed as expected - hyped up English youngster at the time - and is an absolute dickhead off the park.

He's a good player, just doesn't show it enough and his career has stalled. Gerrard rates him. He's better than an Ejaria or Ojo and plays right side.

Not getting into a poor Bournemouth side this year says it all but he could easily look a superstar up here as out With the big 2 it's pub league
Too be fair they have Ryan Fraser and Harry Wilson on either side who are more than decent players.

I’d say give it a chance with him. Obviously decent to be playing in EPL anyway and the standard up here is nowhere near as good. He’s young and not the “up for last pay cheque type”.

I would take him. He needs to turn his career around. Give him a chance he could be a really good player

Previous experience should tell you it doesn’t work as easily as that.

Of course not, there are rarely certainties in football. Most transfers are a risk. Ibe on a free might be a decent shout as we'd always be able to sell him back to England.

Latest posts

Back