Jordon Ibe - Worth a Punt ?

Jordon Ibe available on a Bosman this Summer . Played with Gerrard at Liverpool and Gerrard was quoted saying this about him 3 years ago.

He said: “I think it’s down to Jordon to grasp that position now Raheem has gone.

“If he can be mentally strong, hungry and want it, the stage is there for him to be a terrific wide-man for Liverpool.

“He’s certainly got all the tools. I am sure Brendan will give him the same time he gave Raheem and you saw how much he progressed Raheem over the years.”

Obviously hasn’t worked out that way for Ibe. £15 million move to Bournemouth where he has frustrated Eddie Howe. Howe has let his contract run down .

But at 24 and played over 100 games in the EPL do you reckon he is worth a punt or is his poor attitude/mentality exactly what we should be avoiding going into a huge season.

Guy obviously has talent. Tims have been circling him for a while apparently but think we would nick him due to the Gerrard factor.

Opinions ?

Mods feel free to move or delete if this is not suitable for its own thread.

Can't help but think he's just another overrated and overhyped English player who got a massive move out of nothing.

Same goes for Solanke at Bournemouth mind boggling the fees and wages involved signing these youngsters purely on hyped up potential and what they done at youth level.

It's a massive no from me.

No hes crap.
Can't help but think he's just another overrated and overhyped English player who got a massive move out of nothing.

Same goes for Solanke at Bournemouth mind boggling the fees and wages involved signing these youngsters purely on hyped up potential and what they done at youth level.

Solanke still hasn't scored a goal for Bournemouth btw.

In fact in 55 premier league appearances in his career hes managed 1 goal LMAO.

I could slag the boy, but really, he is not any better or worse than the ones we already signed. Not good enough in other words lol

No hes crap.

Was it 20 million he went to Bournemouth for as well? Unbelievable really how much money clubs like that throw around down there for unproven youngsters

He’ll be one of those footballers that know he’s not as good as his reputation, therefore, milk it for all it’s worth. Get another EPL club if he’s lucky or slowly work his way down the English leagues.

On a part with Ojo for me,if he's no good for the Liverpool first team, he's no good for Rangers. How many times have we had our fingers burnt based purely on potential. The quote from Gerrard is telling in that he doesn't have the mental strength required and I think we have too many players like that now. No for me.

I don't think he'd be much better than Ojo was. The boy has talent but looks like he's believed his own hype before achieving anything.

Be another ojo for me , best to scout a player from europe and hopefully get a few seasons and punt for a profit

On a part with Ojo for me,if he's no good for the Liverpool first team, he's no good for Rangers. How many times have we had our fingers burnt based purely on potential. The quote from Gerrard is telling in that he doesn't have the mental strength required and I think we have too many players like that now. No for me.
Are you saying you wouldn't want us to sign Harry Wilson?

No hes crap.

Woeful yet we had a lot of posters almost greetin when we never signed him last season. "Announce solanke" the classic patter of plookey virgins. Ibe looks just as bad tbh.

NO

WE need to use what money we have to spend on a hardened "winner" or Two topped up with a few potentials that haven't "failed" at Liverpool.

Next season isn't a money earner for anyone so each and every Buy MUST be analysed and deemed value for money - we cannot afford any more "gambles" or "could be"

Invest in guys who have done it a same or higher level, who know how to win and take no sh*t on the park.

Time for a few well paid men inside our Club to justify their pay grade

Jordon Ibe available on a Bosman this Summer . Played with Gerrard at Liverpool and Gerrard was quoted saying this about him 3 years ago.

He said: “I think it’s down to Jordon to grasp that position now Raheem has gone.

“If he can be mentally strong, hungry and want it, the stage is there for him to be a terrific wide-man for Liverpool.

“He’s certainly got all the tools. I am sure Brendan will give him the same time he gave Raheem and you saw how much he progressed Raheem over the years.”

Obviously hasn’t worked out that way for Ibe. £15 million move to Bournemouth where he has frustrated Eddie Howe. Howe has let his contract run down .

But at 24 and played over 100 games in the EPL do you reckon he is worth a punt or is his poor attitude/mentality exactly what we should be avoiding going into a huge season.

Guy obviously has talent. Tims have been circling him for a while apparently but think we would nick him due to the Gerrard factor.

Opinions ?

I would on a free definitely worth a little gamble.
Much rather have him coming off bench than stewart or jones.

Opinions ?

I think under achieving, young, English, over-hyped, over paid (alleged) superstars is not the market we should be looking at tbh.

He’s most definitely not on par with ojo,first of he’s played for Liverpool a lot more than him and ojo ain’t moved for £16m.
The boy has talent just hasn’t worked out at Bournemouth for one reason or another.

He has raw talent. If the wages were low then yes. Still young so if worked out we could make money on him.
However, like most English youngsters his oversized salary will be too much for us.

Think you have hit the nail on the head. Not every player at Liverpool is gonna reach the top, our loanees confirm that.

I'm sure the gaffer is aware of the availability of Jordon Ibe, so we will just need to wait and see if he's interested in bringing him to Ibrox.

Falls into the same category as Berahino for me, might have the talent but if he’s not guaranteed to hit the ground running, both physically and mentally, then we can’t afford to take the risk. All transfers carry a risk but we need to be signing players who are as close to a “sure thing” as possible for next season and it doesn’t seem like he’s up to that

Back