Jordon Ibe - Worth a Punt ?

On a part with Ojo for me,if he's no good for the Liverpool first team, he's no good for Rangers. How many times have we had our fingers burnt based purely on potential. The quote from Gerrard is telling in that he doesn't have the mental strength required and I think we have too many players like that now. No for me.
What about Ryan Kent ?

think when it comes to ID ing signings ,we have to rely on SG and the scouting teams now in place .
senseless even discussing it .
not a pop at the op by the way

I hope we're not considering big money 'punts'

As others have said, we need to be beyond potential moves like this and be sure our money is spent wisely

I would sign him but on a contract that pays a small weekly wage but can increase well depending on performance. After 10 league starts it can be increased, after x number of goals, after x amount of Euro starts etc etc. Players contracts vary vastly now and there is nothing to stop us being creative with them. He has talent and hasn’t worked out doesn’t mean he can’t do well for us.
Liverpool took Salah and Man City took KDB after they underperformed at Chelsea. Not saying Ibe is like them but these things happen in football

Wouldnt work for Rangers, he wouldnt get enough space in behind

Players deserve second chances in life... and I don't get all those crucifying the lad.

However, I wouldn't sign him purely for the reason highlighted above. You need a bit of guile to break down teams in Scotland, who line-up with 11 men behind the ball against us. That's not Ibe's game.

He has problems, selling very expensive watches for a fraction of there price to a local jeweller.
Drink, drugs, gambling, who knows?

If there’s one thing I don’t wont in any of our new signings it’s a questionable attitude. We need players who want to be here, we need winners who will give their all and players who can handle the pressure and don’t shit their pants when the heat is on.

We don’t need some half arsed EPL misfit

On a bosman. With a pay cut. On a 2 year deal with the option of a 3rd year if he's done well enough. Could be worth a punt tbh. No less of a risk than Flanagan was and with considerably less personal baggage. If he comes up here, struggles and can't apply himself, then we'll get rid of him. Trick is not to do what we did with the likes of Barker and tie him down to a long term contract.

I'm quite ignorant as to why it went wrong at Bournemouth though. It could be, he had a bit of culture shock going from a club the size of Liverpool to a small club like Bournemouth. Price tag was also mental for someone with his stature in the senior men's game as well. Don't know the ins and outs but, he's only 24 and his best years as a pro are ahead of him. Worth a punt but I'm happy to acknowledge anyone with evidence to counter my opinion. If, and it's a big if, he's got a rotten attitude then I don't want him near Ibrox.

On a part with Ojo for me,if he's no good for the Liverpool first team, he's no good for Rangers. How many times have we had our fingers burnt based purely on potential. The quote from Gerrard is telling in that he doesn't have the mental strength required and I think we have too many players like that now. No for me.
Liverpool are the best team in Europe. What are you on about? Which of our players would even get on their bench?

Need to explain this? And I don’t want him but not being good enough for Liverpool means not good enough for us?

Sadly we’re way past the worth a punt stage.

Need winners and quality nothing less is acceptable.
He'll be a decent player.
Have potential.
Worth a deal @ 10-15k a week.
He'll be on about 40-60k a week.

Making the numbers work would be the most difficult part.

NO

WE need to use what money we have to spend on a hardened "winner" or Two topped up with a few potentials that haven't "failed" at Liverpool.

Next season isn't a money earner for anyone so each and every Buy MUST be analysed and deemed value for money - we cannot afford any more "gambles" or "could be"

Invest in guys who have done it a same or higher level, who know how to win and take no sh*t on the park.

Time for a few well paid men inside our Club to justify their pay grade
How do you go about quantifying such a pay grade?
You've described a 50 million plus pool of players.
And Beale can only justify his pay grade by making 3 such signings for under 5 million combined?

Not a chance IMO mate either of them. It wasn’t until the free kick which changed Bornas form 99% on here wanted rid

Alfie is the hardest one to argue for. Still very young and very raw. I did say for debates sake. I mean, Borna plays at international level for Croatia and performs well in Europe for us. He could arguably make the bench at a club like Liverpool. I'm by no means saying he would or indeed either of them would be in the first 11 though.

For the sake of debate - Alfie or Barisic could at a stretch. Maybe the former more so than the later. That's pretty much it though.
Two of my favourite current players, but I'd have to disagree with that. I guess the point is we don't need our players to be good enough to play for Liverpool. Guy is living on another planet.

On one hand, wages too high, hasn't really done much for Liverpool and Bournemouth but has undoubted talent, probably too much of a punt.

on the other, Scott Sinclair was a star in this league for 1 season ffs.

Two of my favourite current players, but I'd have to disagree with that. I guess the point is we don't need our players to be good enough to play for Liverpool. Guy is living on another planet.

I agree with the last part, we aren't at the level of Liverpool and a lot of Liverpool squad players would be starmen in our team. I do think you could make a debate with regards to Borna as potentially being a better back up for Robertson than Milner is though. I mean I like James Milner but he's not a Leftback and neither are any of the other Leftback alternatives in the Liverpool squad. Alfie I'm maybe stretching it given his rawness at times.

Don't think a £8m deal plus sign on and agent fees is a punt. That is in a modest 40k 4 year deal, he'll stay in England

Liverpool are miles ahead of us. None of our players would make their XI, maybe not even the bench.

I'm not sold on Ibe but there are plenty who won't make it a Liverpool who potentially could here.

Irrespective of the boy's potential, we currently play a very regimented 4-3-2-1 formation, with our 2 most expensive players being the narrow 10's. Would we change our formation to 4-3-3 to accommodate Ibe? If we did, then one of Kent or Hagi would either be benched or play in the midfield 3, which seems unlikely. In Scotland, where we are playing against ultra defensive blocks most weeks, what space would Ibe get? Can we afford to have a player previously sold for 15m coming off the bench to attempt to impact the game?
He appears to be the antithesis of everything that Gerrard stands for, so I think it is unlikely for us but can see the tims being excited by someone like him.

Shafted? Whit?

Both were extremely poor signings and both weren't up for it either physically or mentally.

That's why I wouldn't take any more loans or academy players from Liverpool.

These players won't put in the effort or graft and when it demands get tough they are found wanting. Ejaria chucked it early doors and wanted out and Ojo barely looked interested after the Feyenoord game in Europe.

Liverpool are the best team in Europe. What are you on about? Which of our players would even get on their bench?
Yes, that's apparent to me,but I don't think we should take in any more cast offs,and not specifically Liverpool,but in general I just think we should raise the level of player we bring in, preferably with a strong mentality.

Strikes me as another English development squad player who had promise but can't get out of the 'prospect' bubble.

Will no doubt float about the championship on over inflated wages

Doubt we could afford him but would be a hell of a coup if we did.

He'd be the best player in the league if he came up here. Hasn't worked out at Bournemouth but he's got real quality.
We've all heard the best player in the league up here caper before. Never quite works out like that..
(Ps no disrespect KB)

Solankie and Ibe are exactly what is wrong with the EPL.

And my answer to Ibe, no thanks. Even on a free.

Jim white asked Ross Wilson about Ibe this morning on talk sport, his response was something along the lines of there’s loads of players linked with rangers each window and the majority of them are wrong. His parting words “read into that what you want”

Ejaria is a very good player.

He's a very quiet guy and didn't settle away from his family. It happens.
Aye it's funny that, people forget it was Ejarias goal against UFA that single handedly got us past them and into the group stages.

Back