Jose Mourinho

Pvt. Hudson

What’s your opinions on Jose? He’s past it now surely in my opinion. Everywhere he goes he causes trouble, arguments, dressing room bust ups and is just an average manager these days.

He’s had his day in the sun but what gets me is his arrogance even now. His press conferences are an embarrassment, totally loves himself and his ego is through the roof. Wont be long till he’s out of a job at Spurs. It was always going to happen once he took over.

Tactically he is still stuck in 2010.

Inflexible, negative and thinks that players are interested his faux pals act tough love.

I found him incredibly cringey in that Amazon show, not a bit surprised he is struggling.

I cannot believe I've just seen one of the greatest managers in football history called average.

Tottenham have a lower net spend than Brighton and Stoke over the past decade and they're competing against some of the biggest spenders in football.

Tottenham are where they are because of that.

I cannot believe I've just seen one of the greatest managers in football history called average.

Tottenham have a lower net spend than Brighton and Stoke over the past decade and they're competing against some of the biggest spenders in football.

What about his time at Man U?

Problem is he hasn't been great for years now.

I like him. He doesn't give a shit.
That said, I think elite level football has left him behind. International management is surely his next stop

Tottenham just can't hold onto a lead this season. He keeps saying that's not down to his tactics, but if he really is still a good manager he should be able to resolve that.

The thing for me with Mourinho is that I genuinely don’t think football has ‘passed him by’ or whatever you want to call it.

I think he’s clearly intelligent enough to manage a team and have them playing a more popular brand of football than he has done with United and now Tottenham.

I just think he seems hellbent on it being his way or no way and he wants to prove everyone wrong and himself right in terms of the way to play football.

I think his time in Madrid and, maybe even more so, the fact he got knocked back for the Barcelona job in favour of the cool, new style of manager in Guardiola really left a significant bitterness within him that we still see today.

Spending on wages is a far better indicator of where a club should be in the pecking order.

What about his time at Man U?

What about his time at Real, or most of his second stint at Chelsea.

He hasn’t moved with the times. He’s a tornado now, he blows in at different clubs, stirs up a load of shite and leaves a complete mess behind as he exits with a huge pay off. Certainly not the special one anymore, and for the money he’s paid he hasn’t truly delivered big time since Inter over a decade ago (you can maybe give him the Chelsea title win in the second stint but they folded so fast after that and plummeted).

I wouldn't be surprised if he got another big job and cracked it again.
However, I think he likes living in London.

What’s your opinions on Jose? He’s past it now surely in my opinion. Everywhere he goes he causes trouble, arguments, dressing room bust ups and is just an average manager these days.

He’s had his day in the sun but what gets me is his arrogance even now. His press conferences are an embarrassment, totally loves himself and his ego is through the roof. Wont be long till he’s out of a job at Spurs. It was always going to happen once he took over.
Was always an average manager. He was the first to get limitless cash. The team picks itself. I've never been a fan

Too stubborn to change his ways.

In some ways it's fine to do that and shows that you are your own man etc, but it's affected his levels over recent years and been largely detrimental.

Spurs got rid of a manager who is the new breed and got one who is the old guard
Yes but Poch had lost something in the space of a few months. I do like both managers. It seemed like a good move for Spurs but it was inevitable that they wouldn’t win much if anything. The high point for Spurs (certainly in recent years) was the CL final they lost.
They never recovered from that IMO. A few of the players have gone backwards since then. The keeper, Lloris, isn’t what he once was, Dele Alli isn’t the mercurial talent he was a few years ago, Dier isn’t as good as he thinks he is, Bale is a spent force and I’m sure there are a few others. They also lost 2 decent players who were, as far as I can tell never replaced. Son and Kane aside there is a lack of top level quality to push them to the next level.
FWIW I think JM did okay at Man U. It’s clear he wasn’t happy there and along with LVG I would suggest the issue isn’t just the manager but the guy signing the players.

Above all, Mourinho likes players who he can trust implicitly to follow his orders and tactics. I remember him going to Inter and getting rid of Ibrahimovic pretty sharpish before adding to Mancini's squad and bringing in Diego Milito, plus a few other notables. Inter, captained by the great Zanetti, then went on to win the European Cup amongst other trophies. That EC semi-final 1st Leg at the San Siro, when they beat a seemingly invincible Barcelona, is still one of the best counter attacking performances I can remember, with Milito outstanding and Mourinho's tactics brilliant.
I still think Mourinho is one of the best but if he does leave Spurs, I'd like to see him go to a "smaller" club next time and where he'd be given plenty of time to, once again, build a team in his own image along the lines of Porto and Inter.

He’ll come back again one day.
This Spurs team needs gutted from top to bottom. Suspect COVID cost him the chance of having the overhaul they really needed last summer.

Above all, Mourinho likes players who he can trust implicitly to follow his orders and tactics. I remember him going to Inter and getting rid of Ibrahimovic pretty sharpish before adding to Mancini's squad and bringing in Diego Milito, plus a few other notables. Inter, captained by the great Zanetti, then went on to win the European Cup amongst other trophies. That EC semi-final 1st Leg at the San Siro, when they beat a seemingly invincible Barcelona, is still one of the best counter attacking performances I can remember, with Milito outstanding and Mourinho's tactics brilliant.
I still think Mourinho is one of the best but if he does leave Spurs, I'd like to see him go to a "smaller" club next time and where he'd be given plenty of time to, once again, build a team in his own image along the lines of Porto and Inter.
Football has changed

Won a load of trophies at a few different clubs and had a ridiculous record of not having lost a home game that went on for several years. Hardly an average manager

Just over 9 years without losing at home, 150 games across 4 clubs (Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan & Real Madrid)

As others have said though, its his way or nothing... The amount of 'big players' he has either dropped or sold is unreal.. Ibrahimovic was mentioned, but even from his time at Chelsea you have Arjen Robben, Mo Salah, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Lukaku & you can argue David Luiz (back when he was good)

I think he overachieved at Man U tbh as they were terrible before & after, Spurs is a fair argument though, but they don't really spend any or enough cash compared to those other clubs around them and imo 2 or 3 players carry them

He’s not moved past 2010. His time at Madrid scarred him, his teams before always played a good level of football on the deck and would sit in and defend when needed to but predominantly played brilliant football.

Now his teams just look lifeless, he’s a yesterdays man at the top level, he’s not even in the second tier of top managers now. He’s even more defensive now than before and his football just doesn’t suit the game today, football has passed him by.

Should have taken a year or so out and studied the game. I think his arrogance has been his downfall. Pep took a while out after Barca and Bayern because he knew he had more to learn, I don't think Jose can accept that.

Back