Josh Doig leaving Hibs?

Tell you what though some of our fans must get about that they can tell how good doig is. What probably at most see him 6-8 times a season ? Many of you see him on tuesday nights at killie or ross county? Absolute guesswork to say he will or is better than bassey.

Honestly the whole Bassey vs Doig narrative on FF is bizarre tbh. People think we should spend silly money on him to play second fiddle to Borna. Or worse yet, I've seen certain posts in the past, saying that we should sign Doig and sell Barisic. It's weird.

What planet do you people live on? On what planet would we ever spend £5 million on a left back from Hibs who has had one good season? It's not the 90s or early 2000s anymore lads.
Our scouts could find a much better left back from elsewhere for about a third of the price

Cant say I have seen that much of the lad other than when he played against us.

He was hooked in his first game against us, second game he played well (boxing day) recall his crossing was first class, cant remember him doing anything in the third game and the fourth game he was invisible as he strugled to cope with Nathan Patterson taking forward. It was the last game that was billed as the battle of the best young Scottish defenders but with respect to the young lad he is not in the same class as NP.

The only other game I can recall seeing him is the Scottish Cup final when he was again subbed. Hibs were very poor as a team that day.

If Hibs managed to get £5 million well done them and fair play to the young lad for getting a money spinning move. Not bad for a lad that was freed by Hearts.

£5m would be incredible business from them.

More then Borna, Kamara and Alfie combined B-D

I heard that twat Michael Stewart on Radio Scotland after Jack Ross said that it looked likely that Doig was off.
Someone in the studio (or wherever) said he had been linked with Leeds and another couple of English clubs but Stewart said something along the lines of “Oh, don’t be so sure about that. He might be staying in this country” and of course he refused to mention which club.
Judging by the glee in his voice he obviously meant Celtc but I doubt very much they are going to spend the type of cash required to get him.

I heard that twat Michael Stewart on Radio Scotland after Jack Ross said that it looked likely that Doig was off.
Someone in the studio (or wherever) said he had been linked with Leeds and another couple of English clubs but Stewart said something along the lines of “Oh, don’t be so sure about that. He might be staying in this country” and of course he refused to mention which club.
Judging by the glee in his voice he obviously meant Celtc but I doubt very much they are going to spend the type of cash required to get him.
Dunfermline flexing their financial muscle again

I got slaughtered last season for commenting about Bassey not being good enough and I’m still of the same opinion.

if Borna is going to be out long term and we have to rely on Bassey then I’m not convinced at all.

Bassey positioning for one has and will be exposed time after time and his delivery into the box is shocking. He was brought in as a project player, something to build on.

against experienced players he will be severely exposed
bloody hell.

If it's Watford I could see that being a good love for him. They were linked with Kamara too so possibly scouting up here

I got slaughtered last season for commenting about Bassey not being good enough and I’m still of the same opinion.

if Borna is going to be out long term and we have to rely on Bassey then I’m not convinced at all.

Bassey positioning for one has and will be exposed time after time and his delivery into the box is shocking. He was brought in as a project player, something to build on.

against experienced players he will be severely exposed
Apart from the cross he planted perfectly on Wrights head.

Seems bizarre writing off a 21 year old who has looked great in pre-season and just finished his first season as a 1st team player.

I think the fact Gerrard felt comfortable starting him without putting Borna on the bench as back-up speaks volumes on how highly he is rated within the club.

Genuinely can’t believe people on this think Bassey is better than him. He’s not. Not even close.
What’s superstar Doig done like? Telling me he didn’t put in any performances for Hibs last year similar to a Bassey v St Mirren? Difference is those performances put you out of a Rangers team for some time, that doesn’t happen at Hibs.

No way is Doig a better player than Bassey (currently) but he is definitely a good young player with the potential to go very far in the game and if he and his agent have any sense in their brains they would avoid the scum and head down south. Watford is a good club for him to develop.

So by that logic Ajer supposedly went for 13m n nobody has bid that for Goldson/helander he is better than them?just because Doig is being bought doesn’t make him better than Bassey
The fact teams are bidding money for him is the point and the stature of the teams bidding.

The fact teams are bidding money for him is the point and the stature of the teams bidding.
You said that he is better than Bassey because someone is bidding for him n that’s just not the case.Players get bought everyday doesn’t make them better than every other player in there position because noone is bidding for them,and for me Rangers are a team of much higher stature than the teams mentioned that want doig so doesn’t make him better than Bassey.

For those fawning over Doig and claiming how great he is without actually watching him, heres his stats from last season. Make your own mind up.

The boys 19 and will improve, but does he offer £5m worth of improvement on Calvin Bassey? You decide....

1 goal & 3 assists.
Pass completion rate of only 62%.

p90 stats (passing)
Acc. own half 7.3 (71%)
Acc. opposition half 8.4 (50%)
Acc. long balls 1.0 (22%)
Acc. chipped passes 0.5 (19%)
Acc. crosses 0.4 (18%)
Key passes 0.4

Other Defensive Stats p90
Interceptions per game 0.8
Tackles per game 1.5
Possession won 0.3
Dribbled past per game 0.8
Clearances per game 1.1
Error led to shot 1
Error led to goal 0
Penalty goals conceded 0

Miscellaneous p90 Stats
Succ. dribbles 0.5 (34%)
Total duels won 4.1 (52%)
Ground duels won 2.9 (50%)
Aerial duels won 1.2 (58%)
Possession lost 17.3
Fouls 0.5
Was fouled 0.9
Offsides 0.1

Watford would be a good move for him.

Good chance to nail down a place.

£4-5m is a chunk of money coming into Scotland!

I think Doig might have better long term potential, but considering the money being spoken about, there’s absolutely no justification for dropping £5M on him. Bassey is the better player on current form/ability, and although I expect Doig to become the better overall player, it’s one we’ll just need to let go.

He would be a good option as a back-up but in saying that we've got Borna as the main left back and Bassey as the back up. Both of them are miles ahead of Doig but he is a good player. I certainly wouldn't have a problem if it was us that was signing him but I just can't see it.

As above, it'll be a panic signing for the tims or he'll be off down south to join a championship or league 1 side.

Back