Josh Doig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player needs to improve defensively but an outstanding prospect.

Spoon burners are another team that wo t deal with us though so if he’s on a decent contract we can forget it.

Tims have Bolingoli Taylor and laxalt id say LB is not a priority for them
Bolingoli will be shipped out,laxalts on loan dont think theyll take up the offer to buy and is poor or they wouldnt have took laxalt .They need is more desperate than us.

Its a shame that whoever we get at lb will be a downgrade on borna when he goes

Was this boy not took off at halftime as frimpong gave him a hard time ?

looks a decent prospect none the less with plenty of room to grow

We are definitely looking for a LB if rumours are to believed about that lad from Charlton. Think he’s going to Stoke though.

Would imagine when Jack Ross gets the Celtic job he’ll want Doig in.
If he’s half a brain then he would not join a team I the way down who will take some time to recover.

Id love to see Jack Ross at that lot, another fraud

If he’s half a brain then he would not join a team I the way down who will take some time to recover.

Id love to see Jack Ross at that lot, another fraud
He's done well at Hibs on less of a budget he'd be an improvement on what they have right now by a fair bit

Everyone's thinking, who the fux James Maxwell...? :))

:)) I'd say Doig is better than Maxwell.

Maxwell and Nathan Patterson used to be on a par, as they progressed through our ranks, but Nathan has left him behind a bit imo.

Maxwell has done fairly well in his loan at QOS, but he's not at Doig's level.

Patterson is a better prospect than both of them.

He’s looked good everytime I’ve seen Hibs which has been limited but we can always go the buy and loan back route until Barasic is sold or leaves or is injured.

Another very good option from lower league England due to his age I wonder what kind of offer we'd get for someone like Borna as I think there is a point due to their ages where him and Tav would be worth more to the club than selling would have to be over £15 million and time is ticking on for a fee or that magnitude other wise it's probably worth letting both play out the prime of their career here

I agree get another 3-4 yrs from tav and borna put Patterson out on loan and let basseylearn the position promote from within when you can

Very impressed by this boy the way he bombs up and down the wing. Gets good balls into dangerous areas for forwards. Noticed he linked up with Murphy well in any highlights I have saw.

We are putting money into our young ‘superior’ players development from the age of 7/8 until 17 and then buying ‘inferior’ players from other clubs. most of the time we have the best player in the country at every age group in every position, if we don’t have them Celtic usually do. We need to find a better pathway for our own youth

We are putting money into our young ‘superior’ players development from the age of 7/8 until 17 and then buying ‘inferior’ players from other clubs. most of the time we have the best player in the country at every age group in every position, if we don’t have them Celtic usually do. We need to find a better pathway for our own youth
It’s interesting to that neither us nor Celtic are doing great with youth players. In all honesty given Celtic’s domestic and financial dominance over last decade they should have expected to have the most productive youth academy going. But they don’t and I’m hoping that we can. Looks like Mayo, Dickson and Kennedy might be decent but there’s hasn’t been someone who got us excited since McKay and before that probably Fleck

This lad that good do think he has completed a full 90 mins all appearances either starts or comes on stay well clear not our class

It’s interesting to that neither us nor Celtic are doing great with youth players. In all honesty given Celtic’s domestic and financial dominance over last decade they should have expected to have the most productive youth academy going. But they don’t and I’m hoping that we can. Looks like Mayo, Dickson and Kennedy might be decent but there’s hasn’t been someone who got us excited since McKay and before that probably Fleck

Alan Hutton.

If he signs for us his nickname should be 'The Dog with one i' (eye) ; )

Last edited:
We are definitely looking for a LB if rumours are to believed about that lad from Charlton. Think he’s going to Stoke though.

I could imagine the gfitw reaction if they’re lowballed by Ross as their boss

First noticed him when he went past Tav and whipped in a cracking cross. Seems like he has potential. Reminded me a bit of Whittaker when he burst onto the scene.

Mentioned on a post before that I first seen him play against rangers select in a Falkirk/hearts select team in a benefit game for David Hagen. Was by far a stand out in that team a few years ago so would be surprised if we weren't keeping tabs on him

I don’t think he has the pace to fit in our system.

He would be doing more attacking than defending, would get caught up the park.

Decent player though,

Doughty has already moved to Stoke and Doig has been linked with half the EPL, our time no get him was january

sorry Empire, just realised thread is months old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back