Josh McPake goal tonight

Lovely pass through to him whoever it was.

great feet from young josh and a superb finish.
Cheers OP

Fantastic - there may yet be light at the end of the tunnel for Scotland.

For young McPake, can’t imagine him having a better role model than Jermaine Defoe to learn from. Really hope he kicks on and breaks into the first team in coming seasons.

The Rangers young teen showing what can be done with commitment and talent. Well done boys, that’s a hell of a result.

Crazy how we compete really well at youth levels , where does it all go wrong from there on ?

Crazy how we compete really well at youth levels , where does it all go wrong from there on ?
Games at first team level in my opinion. Of the six Rangers players who played over the last week a combined hour of competitive action for us and then some extra games for Mcpake.

Cracking goal from McPake. It's a strange one that we can be so good at a youth level and then all of a sudden we're shit when it gets to the senior level.

Then again, is it all that strange? Once it gets to senior level the old pals, need for Celtic and ex-players kicks in and we more often than not appoint some utter fuckwit like Clarke to pick the team. Someone who will out and out refuse to pick the best players on offer.

There's a generational change needed in Scotland's selection policy - at every level. We need new people in charge and we need those new people to start playing the up and coming youth in the senior team to set us up for success in 4-6 years. Persisting with the current load of ageing rubbish is incomprehensible.

Loathe as I am to defend the Scotland team in any way, we can hardly complain about them not playing young players if we don’t play them ourselves. Hopefully as these boys mature they’re given an opportunity, not stuck in a Ryan Hardie-esque cycle of loans and one year extensions, before being released.

Its no mystery why we trail off. The best youth in the land inevitably end up at celtic and rangers. Here they can benefit from the best training, coaches, fascilities and practices... but will almost completwly lack exposure to first team football.

Alternatively they go out on loan to get invaluable experience in games, but saccrifice their training etc by spending a year in a footballing backwater.

This has stalled the developpment of the majority of the old firm and scotlands best youths in the last few generations.

The solution: colt teams playing at championship level. The model works (see spain and germany) and would allow youth to play at a pretty decent level week in week out without ever having to leave the fold of their parent club (and comfort of their home to boot). It baffles me why we are not there yet!

Mystery solved!

Get the colts in!

Great goal. We’re in a really good place at that age group with our players dominating the starting lineup. Despite the constant f the sfa chat on here the backbone of a Scotland team should be made up of Rangers players.

Cracking goal from McPake. It's a strange one that we can be so good at a youth level and then all of a sudden we're shit when it gets to the senior level.

Then again, is it all that strange? Once it gets to senior level the old pals, need for Celtic and ex-players kicks in and we more often than not appoint some utter fuckwit like Clarke to pick the team. Someone who will out and out refuse to pick the best players on offer.

Ive thought this aswell but then who at Rangers other than Ryan Jackis good enough to start for Scotland , for me a lot of the Issues is with the clubs not giving game time to young Scottish players and developing them.

There was a brilliant run from Mebude in the 2nd half which ended with another player being brought down which was a stonewall penalty not given.

Thought Scotland would get tanked after seeing the Germans had won their last match 9-2.

All the Bears involved were excellent

Nice feet in the box, dreadful goalkeeping though.

I've only seen the odd youth game but McPake was always a stand out and sounds like the management are quite excited about him.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a conveyor belt of young players progressing to the first team as top quality Rangers' players.

Fantastic - there may yet be light at the end of the tunnel for Scotland.

For young McPake, can’t imagine him having a better role model than Jermaine Defoe to learn from. Really hope he kicks on and breaks into the first team in coming seasons.
He's on loan at Dundee mate, won't of spent much time with him I don't think

Ive thought this aswell but then who at Rangers other than Ryan Jackis good enough to start for Scotland , for me a lot of the Issues is with the clubs not giving game time to young Scottish players and developing them.
There probably isn't anyone at a senior level at Rangers ready for the Scotland team. However, all too often there isn't even the desire from the Scottish National team's management to look for other options. When players like Charlie Mulgrew are pretty much guaranteed to get a game for your national country it's fair to say it's fucked.

Its no mystery why we trail off. The best youth in the land inevitably end up at celtic and rangers. Here they can benefit from the best training, coaches, fascilities and practices... but will almost completwly lack exposure to first team football.

Alternatively they go out on loan to get invaluable experience in games, but saccrifice their training etc by spending a year in a footballing backwater.

This has stalled the developpment of the majority of the old firm and scotlands best youths in the last few generations.

The solution: colt teams playing at championship level. The model works (see spain and germany) and would allow youth to play at a pretty decent level week in week out without ever having to leave the fold of their parent club (and comfort of their home to boot). It baffles me why we are not there yet!

Mystery solved!

Get the colts in!
Celtic and Rangers? No mate, it's Rangers and celtic!

Yer spot on about the colts mate, Holland is a perfect example as well

There probably isn't anyone at a senior level at Rangers ready for the Scotland team. However, all too often there isn't even the desire from the Scottish National team's management to look for other options. When players like Charlie Mulgrew are pretty much guaranteed to get a game for your national country it's fair to say it's fucked.

We have hardly got any Scottish players

We have hardly got any Scottish players
My response was in relation to another question above. I know we don't and I am not suggesting at this stage the Scotland team should be full of Rangers players. My point was that the Scottish management very rarely focus on picking the BEST players we have available and tend to stick to their tried and failed favourites. Which are usually Celtic or ex-Celtic players. There will be good Scottish players out there just not getting a chance purely because the SFA and it's chosen management tend to avoid looking around for the best talent we have.

July 2020 is when Tav could qualify for Scotland (5 years here) if the will was there to tweak the rules agreed by the Home Nations (as they did with Andy Driver a few years ago).
They would be crazy not to look into it. I don't think there's any chance he'll get an England call up so worth a punt imo

Back