Josh McPake Morton Bound - Loan

Jan Žižka

Rangers youngster Josh McPake is poised to complete a loan move from Ibrox to Greenock Morton this week.

The Light Blues kid has been on David Hopkin's radar and the Ton boss hopes to finalise the deal. Herald and Times Sport understands it could be completed this week with Gers giving the green light.

McPake, 19, has been watched by Linfield and Ayr United in recent times but it is understood his parent club want him playing at the highest level possible to give him the best chance of returning with experience under his belt in the Championship.

The attacking midfielder spent time on loan at Dundee last year, playing seven games including four times off the bench. He made his top team debut for Rangers in Europa League action against St Joseph's at the beginning of last season.
McPake is under contract at Ibrox until 2022.

McPake has huge potential. I'm sure Greenock will use him far better than Dundee did.

Is it not the case that Morton Director McKinnon former Rangers rubbished our dossier and asked championship clubs not to support it. We should give them nothing

I hope has a better experience this time around.This may be his last chance to prove he has a future at the club.

Is it not the case that Morton Director McKinnon former Rangers rubbished our dossier and asked championship clubs not to support it. We should give them nothing

totally agree mate we get walked all over and offer assets to teams who %^*& us over

I know I’ll probably take pelters for this given the aversion to any criticism of our youngsters, but at 19 I’d expect players who are talented enough to be knocking on the door of the starting eleven.

Maybe I’m just getting old, but at the same age the likes of Durrant, Charlie Miller and both Ferguson brothers were holding down first team places.

I really hope I’m wrong, but the signs are he isn’t going to make it with us under Gerrard.

I know I’ll probably take pelters for this given the aversion to any criticism of our youngsters, but at 19 I’d expect players who are talented enough to be knocking on the door of the starting eleven.

Maybe I’m just getting old, but at the same age the likes of Durrant, Charlie Miller and both Ferguson brothers were holding down first team places.

I really hope I’m wrong, but the signs are he isn’t going to make it with us under Gerrard.
I think you are probably right , compare with Nathan Patterson who does now appear to be knocking on the door.

Cant stand McKinnon at Morton after recent events but have time for Hopkin. So maybe that makes up for it, Was adamant we should not be helping out any of those idiots that backed the SPFL publicly against us.

Football is different now unfortunately. There’s players who get to 21/22 without kicking a ball in a first team because of the way it’s done these days.

Good luck to the lad, let's see how he develops. Seen him a few times and not convinced he will make it with us. Hope he proves me wrong.

Back