Josh or Barrie

Bigeye

Both these players caused varied opinions at different times on the FF board. Barrie has scored 4 goals in 16 games for Forest this season, Josh has scored 5 goals in 16 games for us. Two left wingers with different styles of play, one pacey and direct the other a more tricky ball player.
Are we happy that Barrie is gone or would he be welcome back or, is Josh going to go on to star for us consistently.
What say FF ?

Both these players caused varied opinions at different times on the FF board. Barrie has scored 4 goals in 16 games for Forest this season, Josh has scored 5 goals in 16 games for us. Two left wingers with different styles of play, one pacey and direct the other a more tricky ball player.
Are we happy that Barrie is gone or would he be welcome back or, is Josh going to go on to star for us consistently.
What say FF ?

Windass is not a winger - he's been played out of position.

Wish it was both. Freezing out Barrie then letting him go for £500k was mental.

Barrie on the left with Windass behind the striker would be good.

If forced to pick between them I would say Windass currently in the form he is in. Barrie will likely be the better player in 5 years or so though.

The longer BM has been away, the better he’ll become on FF

Ignore the facts that he would give us 1 good game in 6/7, was dropped by MW and then dropped by Pedro.

Ignore that when the going got tough, he’d be hiding.

Glad he’s gone. Not overly keen on Windass either mind you.

Noticed BM was benched last week by Warburton

Neither are out and out left wingers. McKay can play on right or as 10. Windass simply isn't a left winger.

Windass is starting to fulfill some of his promise now he is playing in his best position.

I wish McKay was still here aswell though.

The longer BM has been away, the better he’ll become on FF

Ignore the facts that he would give us 1 good game in 6/7, was dropped by MW and then dropped by Pedro.

Ignore that when the going got tough, he’d be hiding.

Glad he’s gone. Not overly keen on Windass either mind you.

Noticed BM was benched last week by Warburton
People forget he wanted away and there was no way he was staying.

£500,000 was pish money and we could have done better.

DK admitted as much at the AGM.

Let’s move on from BM.

Since JW is our player it’s him at the moment. He might be replaced also.

I have been a critic of Windass, but in the last few weeks, he has been very good and his desire and then finish on Sunday was sublime.

at the very least, Josh is showing a desire to play & fightfor the jersey
Barrie too often looked like he wanted to be anywhere but

At the start of the season it looked a very foolish move to offload McKay and keep Windass however McKay has gone off the boil at Forest as Windass has started to find the net for us.

Both are similar players in that they are capable of some very good moments but at the same time are perceived to lack any dig and tend to blow hot and cold. This is what annoys fans the most imo.

Barrie will end up at Hearts or St Johnstone. Just another Templeton, MOH and so the list goes on.

Windass at least has the right attitude if not the ability of Barrie and so I think he will go further.

Give me Windass all day long.

McKay may be more talented but he has the heart of a mouse and lacks self belief. If he had both of those things he’d be playing EPL football.

Windass may not have the natural talent of McKay but he has better physical attributes and works harder for the team. He’s also got more end product.

I wish we played Barrie in the no 10 role rather than out wide

I said that as well when he was still with us Aldo.
Think that’s where he will end up playing. Had the best first touch of any of our players as well

BM didn't want to stay but we should never have let him go that cheaply. It was a disgraceful decision and must have been sanctioned by our MD.

Josh has actually managed to make some sort of impact in the top flight. Barrie nah not so much

Barrie McKay will be the biggest mistake we've ever made
Not our mistake at all, never mind the biggest one ever.

Barrie did not want to play for us, so bye bye. Perhaps our only fault was not getting a few quid more for the want away would be (in his own mind) superstar, but Barrie played the hard ball and engineered the deal, not us.

So to answer the op, Josh. For all his faults, he at least wants to be here and is contributing.

Barrie McKay is a wee prick who played well for Rangers when he could be arsed.

He'll perform well just now because it's in his best interests.

He doesn't have the attitude, commitment or dedication to be a modern day professional footballer.

He'll be back in Scottish football soon.

I also think we should all wait until the end of the season to decide if we sold him on the cheap. We all know he performs well for a few games then disappears for months.

Both would of been good options to have available!! Always liked McKay wish we kept a hold of him. Selling him for that price was big mistake one of pedros worst calls imo.

Be interesting to see how Barrie’s career pans out if/when warburton is sacked at forest. If used the right way hes excellent but when he’s asked to work back he can go into his shell a bit.

Windass is coming on to a game though this new central role seems to have worked wonders he’s working his bollocks off as well which is really pleasing to see. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Don't think either are left wingers. Both have questions to answer in terms of consisency.

What I would say is when McKay was having a bad game he was totally anonymous and a man down. When Windass has a bad game he still looks for the ball and gives us an option/creates problems for other team.

Windass just edges it for me as the better team player although maybe not as technically gifted.

This place is some laugh man. Youd think we had sold Neymar.

Are we talking about the same Barrie McKay who didnt bother his arse for 4 out of 5 games or the one who didnt want to play for Rangers?

He showed glimpses of brilliance that cant be debated but this place has a serious case of absence making the heart grow fonder.

McKay was a good player with all the ability under the sun. His attitude will never change and that will prevent him from ever becoming a top quality player.

Windass also has a fair bit of ability but not in the same category as McKay. Both will always blow hot and cold and will struggle to impress for a really big team.

Short memories. If we're talking about what each of the players were capable of being, then it would be McKay all day. However, when he wasn't in the mood, he was a lazy shitebag. Sounds like he's doing the same at Forest.

I like Windass, but am under no notion that he's anything other than a good squad player. No way McKay makes that run that Josh made on Sunday. Hope he gets more chances through the middle and can continue to progress.

Back