Josh or Barrie

The longer BM has been away, the better he’ll become on FF

Ignore the facts that he would give us 1 good game in 6/7, was dropped by MW and then dropped by Pedro.

Ignore that when the going got tough, he’d be hiding.

Glad he’s gone. Not overly keen on Windass either mind you.

Noticed BM was benched last week by Warburton
That’s is exactly my thoughts

Josh has looked a different player since he's played through the middle in the last 2 games.

I always liked Barrie but he's struggling to get a regular start at Forest coming off the bench for just 9 minutes again last week.

Neither have been consistent enough for me.

McKay had something but turned up very rarely. Windass is starting to come onto a game and has more goals than what Barry would have got last season I think. Windass shades it only because he is producing the goods lately.

One plays for Rangers, the other doesn't. I'm on the side of the Rangers player.
From what I've seen and read, one players form is improving and the others form is fading.

McKay as gifted a young player as I’ve seen break through to our 1st team.

Him over Windass 100/100 times.

Gutted he left and sickened that we got next to nothing for him.

Josh is not a winger, can't compare the two for me.

Right now Josh is showing more effort and willing than Barrie ever did, and I was a always a huge fan of Barrie.

A big Barrie fan but he obviously didn't want to play for us so we were never going to get anymore out of him,Josh knows he is at a huge club and is loving it and he wil improve he will be considered better than Barrie before the season is over,Hopefully.

Burke was not a bad player.

He was a far better and significantly more consistent player than McKay thats for sure. Also far better than Josh Windass.

McKay has great natural ability and his control is sublime at times but he was posted missing far too often for me. He rarely turned up ffs in the SPL.

As for McKay being the biggest mistake we ever made - what a complete lot of nonsense.

Neither of them would have get anywhere near a proper Rangers team.

McKay was a lazy shite bag who couldn't handle playing for a big club.

All the talent in the world but it won't come to much.

I'd love him to have had the stones to go with the talent. He didn't and I'd rather a player that tries their best to improve and deliver which is what josh is doing and good luck to him.

JW makes lovely runs off the ball and it would appear that he is now starting to make the right decisions on the ball.

The biggest difference between them both for me is that Windass is fearless. He's had a hard time from the fans here but has just kept plugging away

You'd never see Barrie continuously closing down the oppositions defenders. Murty said that Windass' distance covered and top speeds were that of an English Premier League player.

At the start of the season it looked a very foolish move to offload McKay and keep Windass however McKay has gone off the boil at Forest as Windass has started to find the net for us.

Both are similar players in that they are capable of some very good moments but at the same time are perceived to lack any dig and tend to blow hot and cold. This is what annoys fans the most imo.

Has he went off the boil? How's he been playing?

I've spoken to a few Forrest fans who love him. Haven't heard a bad word about him yet and they can't believe that they got a player of his ability so cheap.

Windass should never be played out wide again. He’s a striker for me now or tucked in behind with a free role.

I don't think Windass has the intelligence to play a free role. He has to be up front with a clearly defined gameplan i.e. chase everything down and break quickly

Both good players and both got/get a hard time from our support.

Barrie McKay gave me one of my happiest moments as a Rangers supporter when he skelped that howitzer past Gordon against the Earls in the Scottish cup a couple year ago.

However, he left Rangers to join Nottingham Forest. Just take a second to digest that. He followed a shitebag manager out the door of an institution.

Josh Windass maybe doesn't have McKays natural ability, but he does have heart. If Barrie McKay go to written of and slated and got anything like the stick that Josh Windass has had, I think it would have shattered him completely.

Windass on the other hand seems to be turning a corner. Good on you, keep fighting.

If you’re talking about on the left wing then it’s Hobson’s choice: McKay has gifts but struggles to deploy them in a way that hurts teams consistently, Windass has different gifts but similar inconsistency.
Both were not dependable in terms of commitment or “heart”

But up front? Windass all day every day. Last two games have been revelatory for me.

Wish it was both. Freezing out Barrie then letting him go for £500k was mental.

Barrie on the left with Windass behind the striker would be good.

If forced to pick between them I would say Windass currently in the form he is in. Barrie will likely be the better player in 5 years or so though.

How exactly did we freeze him out?

He was offered 3 contracts and refused to sign any even after 3 improvements

Windass is starting to affect matches regularly.

McKay is a sand dancer. Heart of a mouse.

Both equally frustrating but I'd pick BM if potential was the sole criterion. I was gutted when we sold him.

McKay didn't want to stay with Rangers. Simple as. Money was not enough to make him stay and there was certainly no love of the football club in the same way I see in someone like young McCrorie. Therefore Windass it is. He's here, he's playing and he's starting to prove a few of us (me included) wrong. This needs to continue.

Different types of players, and under different circumstances I think we could have accommodated both.

I think BM had more potential. Josh looks more prepared to be aggressive and direct and work a bit harder though. But I can't help but feel there was a window where we could really have developed Barrie into a top quality player. Yes, MW benched him at times, but he saw enough to take him down to Forrest and play him in the first team.

I realise they didn't come through our youth set up, but I think its all part of the same disease at Rangers. What frustrates the hell out of me though has been our consistent failure as a club going back decades to really develop young players. Auchenhowie has been a spectacular failure - if you were judging its purpose based on outcomes then it would seem to be to bring through young guys to then leave for free or head off to other teams for a paltry sum. Whilst only a small percentage are ever going to be good enough for our first team, we're absolutely not hitting that target and never have done.

Has he went off the boil? How's he been playing?

I've spoken to a few Forrest fans who love him. Haven't heard a bad word about him yet and they can't believe that they got a player of his ability so cheap.

I've seen a good number of their games, he started like a house on fire but has petered out somewhat in the last few weeks imo, Forest as a team have gone off the boil as well. If you look at the stats of their recent games it makes quite familiar reading.

It is fair to say that they did get him extremely cheap and you can guarantee we'll not have a sell on clause in there.

Quite simply neither. I never rated Barrie and the less said about Windass the better

Barrie McKay dinking balls behind defenders for Windass' recent resurgence with his runs through the middle would have been good to see.

McKay is better than Nottingham Forest.

Back