Josh Windass responds to Bear on twitter in light hearted fashion

I didn't rate Windass, but what the %^*& goes through someone's head when they think they'll just go and give the guy a tough time for no decent reason? What do they think it will achieve? They then have a cheek to call Windass braindead. Arseholes.

He too often takes a pop back imo

one of the reasons a lot of people were happy to see him go in the end, for taking a pop back away at partick. Rangers career ended right there and was never the same.

it helps to have everyone on side when at rangers

As a professional footballer you should approach social media differently

it must be tough to get pelters all the time, but you know what you’re signing up to on those platforms

He too often takes a pop back imo

one of the reasons a lot of people were happy to see him go in the end, for taking a pop back away at partick. Rangers career ended right there and was never the same.

it helps to have everyone on side when at rangers

As a professional footballer you should approach social media differently

it must be tough to get pelters all the time, but you know what you’re signing up to on those platforms

Everybody should remember on Social Media that it's real people they are talking to.

Windass is a wee fud and anyone standing up for him and his pish "banter" needs reminded of how pish a player he actually was for us, a small purple patch where he padded his stats against part timers doesnt cover that up, a wee boy who never understood us and lives off his old mans playing career and that's all he was... best ignored and forgotten about

Just don’t get the mentality of idiots who directly attack players on twitter .

If you wouldn’t say it to the guy on the street don’t @ him and say it on there

Windass is a wee fud and anyone standing up for him and his pish "banter" needs reminded of how pish a player he actually was for us, a small purple patch where he padded his stats against part timers doesnt cover that up, a wee boy who never understood us and lives off his old mans playing career and that's all he was... best ignored and forgotten about

Best ignored. Yet you’re on a thread commenting on him

I know it’s a lock down and all but that’s ironic

correct. He and his old man are two arseholes

Best ignored. Yet you’re on a thread commenting on him

I know it’s a lock down and all but that’s ironic
guys popping up on a forum I view hundreds a time a day constantly, its quite annoying, so how about you calm down that i have a single input on the subject matter telling folk to ignore so i dont have to read the same pish over and over again about him again, ok pal :)

He keeps going on about that season like he was some kind of god.

He scored 18 goals in all competitions. 8 of which came in 3 games against Fraserburgh, Hamilton and Ayr United.

He always played his part in that disaster away to Progres.

It’s frustrating because he’s exactly the type of an attacking threat we need right but a better version. Very good at driving into space, had the pace and physique to a very handy no. 10 but his consistency and decision-making made him too much of a burden.

I don’t mind the digs he hits back at our fans. Most of them deserve to be put back in their place.

Barker, Jones, Stewart, Ojo

None of the names above are any better than Windass.
In fact they’re all decidedly worse.

Some just don’t like the fact that certain players don’t lie down and take abuse and they give a bit back!
They all have less ability but all work significantly harder, Windass can't even get a game for Wigan currently.

Maybe the ‘troller’ was only having a bit of banter as well. It’s not exactly abuse he’s giving just a comment.

guys popping up on a forum I view hundreds a time a day constantly, its quite annoying, so how about you calm down that i have a single input on the subject matter telling folk to ignore so i dont have to read the same pish over and over again about him again, ok pal :)
Might I suggest The Lounge for all your daily Forum needs

%^*& him, couldn’t care less what others say. Backed him entirely (whilst acknowledging he wasn’t good enough for us) until he shushed an away support that does nothing but back the team.

%^*& him, couldn’t care less what others say. Backed him entirely (whilst acknowledging he wasn’t good enough for us) until he shushed an away support that does nothing but back the team.
The sshhh to us at Partick was pathetic and summed him up with a bull of his goal against Fraserburgh ayr

Plus he couldn't play in Europe

Barker, Jones, Stewart, Ojo

None of the names above are any better than Windass.
In fact they’re all decidedly worse.

Some just don’t like the fact that certain players don’t lie down and take abuse and they give a bit back!
Debatable to say the least.

Have never seen any of them shush the support tbh?

Have never seen comments from these players either which belittles what it actually means to play for Glasgow Rangers.

Plus if you think this is abuse then WOW.

Have never seen comments from these players either which belittles what it actually means to play for Glasgow Rangers.

What’s them shushing “supporters” got to do with their playing ability?

Which comments specifically? Must be pretty bad for you to class them as belittling what it actually means to play for Glasgow Rangers.

Also. Abuse, that’s what has been aimed at Windass in the past. I didn’t say this was abuse. This was an attempt at being funny and at the same time trying to get one up on Windass, it failed.

Sorry, but I find it hard to reconcile a player who shushed his own fans with a nice personality. I can't imagine anyone else in the support for whom the Rangers fans have been quite so forgiving - think about the abuse Tav got for "his" programme notes a few weeks ago.

He didn't have the heart, bottle or even ability to succeed at Rangers, and I imagine he'll job around relegation-threatened Championship teams for the rest of his life.

Ojo, Barker and Jones have a combined total of 2 domestic goals this season. One from Ojo scored in August '19 and the other by Barker scored in September '19.

They'd need to actually score a goal to be able to shoosh the support in celebration.

Josh Windass might not be everybody's cup of tea and I was far from his biggest fan but he's easily better than the 3 aforementioned who frankly have been utterly dreadful signings.

Back