Josh Windass sell on clause?

Sky sources reporting that several clubs are wanting to sign Josh Windass from Wigan during the summer, hope we have a sell on clause attached to the deal and does anyone know if we do? Could be a nice little bonus to the coffers

These teams…the’re not in the lower divisions are they by any chance?
Say …non league?

Did about 8 of Windass's 18 goals not come against dross like Ayr and Hamilton in 2/3 games?

I don't think we've missed him much

I don't think we've missed him either, but tbf he was our only player to score against all of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs last season, so only scoring against dross isn't strictly true.

He also cost us peanuts and we made good money on him, so let's not try to rewrite history on him.

Yes, we've moved on to better things and we don't need him, but there was some real shite here last season, real shite.

Players who cost us serious dough like Cardoso, Herrera, Garner and Pena.

Not forgetting possibly the 2 worst ever loan signings, Russell Martin and Jason fuc**n Cummings!!

Remember that clown?

Windass isn't of the standard we have or require now, but he was one of our better players last season and we made a tidy profit on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for or against him, but 18 goals last season. Equivalent players haven't come near that this season. Just pointing that out.

Also - it wouldn't totally surprise me if he went for more than we sold him for. This is the crazy English market remember. OK, different cases, but look at what Waghorn went to Derby for. Move internally in England an the fees are inflated as f.uck

He got a lot of goals but the guy played for himself. Contributed nothing defensively. No point getting all those goals when the team concedes about 50 at the other end. Boy is a throbber. Don’t miss him one bit.

One of the few things Murty did really well for us was get the best out of Windass for 3 months. Got 2.5 million for a great 3 months over the course of 2 years. Capable of getting you goals as a 10 but terrible defensively, not very versatile considering how poor he was on the wing and not a great creator for others. Cant say i miss him

Back