Josh Windass

Only interested in himself is josh. Had a great purple patch but is back to the josh we are used to, it would be criminal to start him next week

Complete passenger, but he’s Murty’s boy and will continue to start these games during the run-in.

Seemed to perk right up at 2-0 as if he thought “right, pressure off, I can sniff out a goal now and claim that I’ve done my bit”

Another woeful display and his overall tally for the season isn’t going to disguise his glaring deficiencies for me.

Correct.

He cannot be near the team next week, it would be completely unacceptable.

When you think of where we are as a club at the moment and you think of a player .... It's Josh Windass.

We need a big clear out during the summer.

Hopefully our new Manager, whoever he is, can get better players in whilst offloading the dross.

Seemed to perk right up at 2-0 as if he thought “right, pressure off, I can sniff out a goal now and claim that I’ve done my bit”

Another woeful display and his overall tally for the season isn’t going to disguise his glaring deficiencies for me.
Those three chances he had to square the ball but didn't have the brain to do so told you everything you need to know about him.

If some English team is daft enough to chuck two or three million at us in the summer for him we should be biting their arm off.

Morelos and Cummings can both play as the "second striker" in Murty formation.

Both our forwards naturally want to work hard and harass defenders

Poor in the first half. Better in the second half and he was involved the goals.

For me he is a luxury we cannot afford. You can't just start a player who is going to give you twenty minutes a match

Josh windass is excellent on the ball, in fact he's one of our best players on the ball. Biggest problem is he is very rarely on the ball. If the boy would figure out a way to get involved more we would have some player on our hands. Sadly, just doesn't seem to have it. I don't even think it's a heart issue. Think he just can't make the decisions he needs to, to get him self involved.

Got to agree with this, he's a player when all is good. Though I thought it was strange that he was subbed as he was coming into the game at that time!

Empty shirt.

His goals this season is just like when Nicky Clark hit 35 goals for QOS that season.

A total fluke.

I’ve defended him so often as I’m convinced there is a talented player there. But I give up his decison making is incomprehensible and no amount of ability can make up for a lack of effort.

I would only play him in games away from home, where we will be under pressure and need pace for an out ball over the top, and where our first choice striker is injured.

Hopefully his goals tally will help get a decent fee for him. He is not what we need moving forward. A complete coward.

I think he has the ability but not the application.

Seems to swan around not getting involved enough for me. Should not start next week

Poor today and i probably wouldn't start him next week but as always the same few people jumping on him any opportunity they get. The lad has 17 goals this year, he can be effective plenty of times but he can also have poor games, it happens. A player who plays in a role like him will never lose you a game if the players around him play like they should but he can certainly win you matches

He’s inconsistent but then players of his type, that can produce something out of nothing, often are. If he was consistently scoring and assisting he’d be a £20m Premiership player. He’s frustrating but he’s contributed positively in a lot of games this year, and worthy of a place in the squad even if you wouldn’t view him first choice.

I still fancy the right manager to get a lot more out of him, further untapped potential in my view.

I’d be inclined to replace Windass with Morelos in that role, see how the wee man gets in there behind Cummings.

Anonymous again. Not interested in getting involved. Can't take to the guy at all.

Should be nowhere near the team next week.
Total pish. Set up the Murphy 1v1 in the first half with a good reverse through ball (which Murphy made a total arse of); Set up the opening Cummings goal with a clipped through pass to the left; Hit a good dig early, low and to the keepers left which drew a good save and a corner. Not saying he was magnificent but the fact you probably didn’t notice any of the above tells its own story.

Made probably two slack passes and everyone was straight on his back. Dorrans/McCrorie does the same two minutes later and everyone just gets on with it. Embarrassing.

Since when is Windass the type of player to produce something out of nothing?

Most of his goals are relatively straight forward close range finishes

He's never a number 10 in a million years. I would move him to centre forward or just drop him completely. Maybe try Docherty in there with Dorrans and Holt in behind

Total pish. Set up the Murphy 1v1 in the first half which Murphy made an arse of. Set up the opening Cummings goal with a clipped through pass to the left. Hit a good dig early, low and to the keepers left which drew a good save and a corner. Not saying he was magnificent but the fact you probably didn’t notice any of the above tells its own story.

3 moments in 76 minutes. Outstanding.

Back