Josh Windass

It takes a lot for me to slate a player, so, I’ll just say I’d sell him, probably for a lot less than some on here think his valuation is, the day before tomorrow.
And, if were to score the winner, or a hat trick, next week, I’d still sell him.

Honestly forgot he was playing in the first half.

For a 'number 10' he offers nowhere near enough. Pity Murty can't see it.

I think one of his biggest problem is that he doesn’t really know what position he should be playing. You could see Tav telling him on more than one occasion where he should be ... need someone who can read and understand the basic game better than he can.

Anonymous again. Not interested in getting involved. Can't take to the guy at all.

Should be nowhere near the team next week.
I thought we were going up to 11 men when Josh had got subbed (nothing against the boy), then i spotted we were bringing on Halliday (nothing against the boy), but then i realised we were still playing with ten.... Although saying that... We would not have scored the first goal had Windass not played a fantastic ball to Murphy.. Strange !!!! The boy does nothing 95% of the game but produces something in most games..

Just waiting for the usual posters defending him to the hilt :rolleyes: get him sold in the summer to the highest bidder.

Suits a counter attacking team who don't have the pressure to win every week.
I think you'll find the usual posters are the ones who can't reconcile his "pishness" with this view that someone will give us millions in spite of it. If he's pish, he's a free transfer surely? Or even if we can recoup our £60k that we paid Accrington Stanley. He can't be pish and worth millions. Can he?

When you watch Josh play he works more than you would think.
He is a fall guy but not necessarily deserved.
If you really watch Josh play he now runs about more than he stands but that is not the same as working.
He pretends. He runs towards an opponent who has the ball and slows before he gets there or he runs slightly behind the man very rarely managing a tackle.
His only hope is a good manager who will effectively kick his arse, empty his head of nonsense and coach him to make the best of his atttributes.

Regarding the firsf half. Does nobody on here ever look at how the opposition are set up and how they are playing?

The entire team was ineffective in the first half. Forced wide by a hearts side playing very deep and not commital, and then they were comfortable dealing with anything put into the box.

We had one clear chance 1st half, created by Windass.

Start of the second half we manage to catch Hearts high up the park, and Windass plays a great 1st time pass, which means for the first time in the game Hearts need to face their own goal to defend and we score.

Windass is not the second coming, hes not the next Laudrup or De Boer, but he is a very good player and has contributed plenty this season.

Far more pressing things to worry about, like the defence.

When you consider 2 players that play in the same position he does then it's actually quite scary just how little the lad does in games. Stephen Naismith, Tom Rogic.
Nothing against the lad but as a player I've never rated him and I'm certainly not jumping on the bandwagon.
He only ever plays well when the team are winning or playing well and it's very rare for him to change a game through his play.
I'd be happier with a 3 man midfield of Dorrans(who I thought had his best game in a rangers shirt today), Jason Holt( who just has souch energy and covers every blade of grass) and Greg Docherty.

When you consider 2 players that play in the same position he does then it's actually quite scary just how little the lad does in games. Stephen Naismith, Tom Rogic.
Nothing against the lad but as a player I've never rated him and I'm certainly not jumping on the bandwagon.
He only ever plays well when the team are winning or playing well and it's very rare for him to change a game through his play.
I'd be happier with a 3 man midfield of Dorrans(who I thought had his best game in a rangers shirt today), Jason Holt( who just has souch energy and covers every blade of grass) and Greg Docherty.

12 goals and 6 assists. How many do those other two have this season? Do they even have that between them?

He's a fall guy. Made our best chance in the first half and was playing as well as anyone when we scored our goals. Didn't think he deserved to be taken off, particularly for Halliday.

12 goals and 6 assists. How many do those other two have this season? Do they even have that between them?

Are we including Windass' goals against cannon fodder? Rogic has been injured for ages and has to compete with much better players for a start.

Anyone who'd choose Windass over Rogic in a starting 11 doesn't have a clue about football.

FWIW I actually think Josh would do well in the English Championship. He has good physical attributes and I think not having the pressure of winning every week would suit him better.

Are we including Windass' goals against cannon fodder? Rogic has been injured for ages and has to compete with much better players for a start.

Anyone who'd choose Windass over Rogic in a starting 11 doesn't have a clue about football.

FWIW I actually think Josh would do well in the English Championship. He has good physical attributes and I think not having the pressure of winning every week would suit him better.

I think that's his SPFL stats alone. He's nearer 20 goals for the season overall, think he's on about 18.

I just don’t see what makes him a great no 10 or CF.

His goals this season disguise his poor work ethic. He’s sometimes anonymous, lathargic in the press and keeps possession far too long. His ball for Murphy to run in behind for the goal was good but that was it apart from 2 duff shots when a pass looked the better option.

Have to say I’d prefer someone who can dribble and pass in there. He’s a useful asset at some point though. He needs the freedom but has to learn to press better and be better in possession. Might come with age but I’d keep him for now.

Didn't have a particularly good game yesterday, but seems to get it way tighter than anyone else on here.

Yes, he can be infuriating, drop out of games for spells , but so do plenty others.

19 goals for the season, (13 in the league) and multiple assists, kinda blows the "passenger" theories out the window.

He’s crap.

You're talking nonsense now. The guys got pace, strength and 19 goals with 5 assists in 39 games.

What he lacks is a bit of dig and some heart! A good manager will get the best out of Josh. Unfortunately Josh is yet to meet one of them whilst at Rangers

The problem with Windass is that he will produce one or two moments of brilliance in a game and then be totally anonymous for the remaining 89 minutes. Quality players want to be on the ball all of the time, to make things happen. Windass appears to be happy to drift through the game without impacting and if he wants to be a top player, he should be the driving force in the team, demanding the ball all of the time. He does not have the vision to be an exceptional number 10 and if he is to be played, it can only be as a striker. He is athletic, quick and has a decent header on him, and under better management, someone who constantly demands more involvement from him, there could be a Rangers future for him. As it stands, and under current management, you would have to punt him.

I would keep the same formation from Hearts against Celtic, but with Dorrans in the place of Windass, supporting Morelos. At least in that way, we have someone closer to Brown, who is not scared to put in the tackle. This match will be about fight and guts, not flicks and tricks.

He doesn’t have a clue where to be and when. His work ethic is appalling.

However, if he’s lucky enough to happen to have the ball land in front of him when he’s facing goal within forty yards of the goal-line, he’s capable of the occasional bit of real quality.

Basically, a “just run and fcking hit it!” player.

Didn't have a particularly good game yesterday, but seems to get it way tighter than anyone else on here.

Yes, he can be infuriating, drop out of games for spells , but so do plenty others.

19 goals for the season, (13 in the league) and multiple assists, kinda blows the "passenger" theories out the window.

Every single player in our squad has flaws

I have always defended Windass on here, saying we needed to give him time to develop. This season for me he has developed he has scored well and played some good football. However he has not developed the work ethic required tone successful in Scotland, or anywhere else for that matter. He is a passenger for too long in the game. Next manager either changes his attitude or moves him on. Yesterday he was useless.

Aberdeen, hibs, celtic and hearts are cannon fodder are they?

You're talking nonsense now. The guys got pace, strength and 19 goals with 5 assists in 39 games.

What he lacks is a bit of dig and some heart! A good manager will get the best out of Josh. Unfortunately Josh is yet to meet one of them whilst at Rangers

Unfortunately nobody can give a player heart. You have it or you don't. Josh sadly doesn't.

Windass has scored against the mentally challengeds, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Pretty sure he's our only player that's achieved that this season.

Hardly cannon fodder mate.

I get it if you don't like him, that's fair enough and you're entitled to your opinion.

He frustrates the life out of me at times too, but whether you like it or not , his goal and assists stats are as good as anyone in the league.

Just wish he'd his old man's desire and will to win.

I cannot stand this guy. IMO he is selfish, lacks a team mentality on the pitch, only gets invoiced in the periphery and never ever ever tackles........ cause he is a shite bag. You see it every time he plays. He will not tackle but runs close enough to look involved yet far enough away not to dig in. He is an absolute waste of a shirt. His attempt in opening minutes was weak as hell. Then in the second half only want to shoot. Its my goal its all about me. He is the epitome of everything wrong are rangers. Mediocre players, everyone trying their best to find a way to make them seem better.

Well said that man, sums him up to a tee.

In all the big games Josh is posted missing ok he scored against them at Ibrox.
For me he's a waste of a jersey the majority of the game.
I would sell him not good enough just like most of the squad.

I think one of his biggest problem is that he doesn’t really know what position he should be playing. You could see Tav telling him on more than one occasion where he should be ... need someone who can read and understand the basic game better than he can.
Fcuk sake, that explains it. The player with the worst positional sense in the team telling Windass where to play.........laughable.

This is the lad who had the audacity to ssshhh the fans after scoring against thistle, yet proves everyone right by going missing when it matters. Sums up everything thats wrong with the team these days! I fear they genuinely believe they're not a bad team!

Seemed to perk right up at 2-0 as if he thought “right, pressure off, I can sniff out a goal now and claim that I’ve done my bit”

Another woeful display and his overall tally for the season isn’t going to disguise his glaring deficiencies for me.

Hopefully it does disguise his glaring deficiences to his potential suitors though.

He maybe would not cost you a game if others are doing their jobs,but drop him to the end of the season,and nobody will miss him

Back