Josh Windass

Morelos20

Hopefully not a major issue with us signing John and Nemane for cover but do we have any update on his injury?

He has been reacting well to a run in the first team and I'm slowly starting to notice the good things he does rather than the bad.

Would like to see him get an extended run fitness permitting.

Your last line is probably why he won't make it, when he starts looking good he ends up picking up a niggling injury.

Hopefully not a major issue with us signing John and Nemane for cover but do we have any update on his injury?

He has been reacting well to a run in the first team and I'm slowly starting to notice the good things he does rather than the bad.

Been pretty quiet on the Windass front.

Windass can be unplayable for short bursts then drifts out the games we need more consistency from him if he is to make it here imo

Your last line is probably why he won't make it, when he starts looking good he ends up picking up a niggling injury.

True we can't really rely on him at the moment, the only positive is he picks up different injuries so may be bad luck rather than a real problem.

Expect we'll get an update at Pedro's presser later in the week. Would be a welcome boost to have him available for Saturday.

I don't think he suits left midfield/wing. I also think he has been poor last 2 games. Very poor in fact. Wish him all the best in his recovery though.

Even if it's just bruised ribs it can take a similar amount of time to recover as it would if they were broken.

The boy does have ability but just doesn't show me enough to convince me that he has the heart to be a Rangers player. Appears to be made of glass too, which is always going to stunt his development and momentum.

I've been the boys biggest critic but Pedro has definitely added a bit of desire to his game.

Effort used to be a given but flair players these days it's a bonus so I've been impressed with that side of his game.

Granted in the final third he has to start making the good positions he takes up count by adding goals and assists but all in all there has been a marked improvement for me.

He was starting to look really good so it's a pity he's not had a chance to push on. There are definite flashes of a player in there.

The boy has some natural ability and could develop into a match-winner.

He needs a run of games to maintain fitness and confidence.

Ibrox can be a difficult place for the inconsistent...

I thought it was his ribs.That can take a while.I was off work for 7 weeks there with cracked ribs

Heard it was a cracked or a broken rib

Even if it's just bruised ribs it can take a similar amount of time to recover as it would if they were broken.

Agree with all of this.

Any rib injury can affect your breathing, especially when running and playing contact sports.

Here's hoping it is only light bruising and he'll be back soon.

As others have said, I'd like to see him get a longer run in the team as he was coming onto a game under Pedro

He's started the season positively and probably deserves to keep the jersey for now, hopefully he's fit. We at least now appear to have some options, albeit we don't know their quality yet as such.

Hopefully he'll be fully recovered by saturday and we will see more of the runs we seen at Motherwell.

Cheers Cliffger

Must be in contention for the weekend then
Not necessarily mate, with a Rib injury it can take a while so he may have been just involved in shooting/running drills,but not contact drills.

Here's hoping he is fit though.

What he does in a Rangers shirt this season will determine if he has a long term future with us.

There are promising signs of his ability but he needs to step up and kick on,otherwise we will be looking for a new player for his place in the team for next year.

Pedro clearly sees the potential in Windass and believes that he can make him a better player. He needs to stay injury free and he needs to work with the coaching to improve his game in all facets.

Don't know if he's made of glass or just unlucky but he needs a significant run of games. There looks to be a player in there but its hard to see much of a future for him when he can't stay fit for more than 2 or 3 games in a row.

I would like it to work for the lad but right now we dont have 1-2 seasons to nurture him we need someone who can impact games on a consistent basis

Windass has potential and some of his runs are inspiring and bring energy to the team. He does drift out of games though and can be bullied.
He is worthy of a place in the squad based on the improvement to his age this season but will need to work hard and improve further to have nay chance of being here next season.

See this "extended run of games" some people want for certain players, where does it stop?
Windass needs games, Pena needs games, Herrera needs games, Hardie needs games.
Anybody else?
How are we going to accommodate all these unfit or inexperienced players and still win games?

Think this is the one player Pedro has improved. Think he is a good player, just needs time to develop. Key to get a run in the team.

Needs to be more consistent but not denying he has the potential to be a regular in the team for the next few years

A Rangers thread? This will never catch on.

Hope he continues his early form into the rest of the season. He needs to turn up against the Tims!

Desperately needs 15/20 games on the bounce, only then will we know one way or the other whether he has a future with us.

If he can stay injury free and get a decent run of games ... I'm sure he will be of value this season.

Back