Josh Windass

We need end product from Josh. Pitiful return on goals and assists.

His first half display against Motherwell was blistering though. Shows theres something in there.

See this "extended run of games" some people want for certain players, where does it stop?
Windass needs games, Pena needs games, Herrera needs games, Hardie needs games.
Anybody else?
How are we going to accommodate all these unfit or inexperienced players and still win games?

I'd argue Windass has started the season very well and is probably still our best option on the left side so if anything it would help us to a positive result.

Herrera has shown an eye for goal already and needs some extra sharpness.

Pena who knows what will happen but he got into good positions against county and there isn't really an argument he would obviously benefit from extra time on the pitch.

Hardie will get the last ten minutes and possibly a run out in the cups and cover for injuries which I'm sure is what he expected from this season.

Probably every football team has to deal with these issues you never have everyone flying at the right time.

To answer your question we don't accommodate them all, it's up to the manager how he weighs it up again something that every manager has to decide.

Prioritising the players that will give us the most and for me Windass fits the bill at the moment so I hope he's fit for Saturday.

Your last line is probably why he won't make it, when he starts looking good he ends up picking up a niggling injury.
I just hope it's not similar to Webster in that he's just a sh*tebag. As when he turns up and hits a bit of form he's actually very good on the left and will cause most Premiership teams problems.

I think windass is a good player . He needs that run of games . It just remains to be seen if he can stay injury free long enough to play ten to fifteen matches in a row

Hope he is recovering well.

He has definitely shown flashes of good football but needs to be more consistent.

Getting 45 mins out of a game isn't good enough. We need him to perform for the full 90.

Let's see what our other signings are going to do. Like to see them get a run out on Saturday if possible

Still not sure he has the tactical discipline to make it with us...often he is like a man down when we don't have the ball.

A few consistent games from him with a couple of goals would let us see the player he could be. Now whether he can achieve that is still to be seen

He has had a decent start to the season so hopefully he is back. Wouldn't mind seeing him play as one of the 2 upfront.

Needs games if he can grab a couple of goals I think his confidence will soar and we will reap the rewards on the other hand if his confidence drops you will see him go the way he went last year has the ability but it all comes down to confidence with him

Hopefully he can improve on the defensive side of his game, think it stems from tiredness/lack of concentration and he tends to let the game pass him by. He's shown how dangerous he can be going forward so if he improves defensively he'll be a great player for us.

I think the best thing about him is his acceleration, the way he runs away from players while still having the ball is a skill alone and that run at Motherwell is a prime example of this and his potential.

I've always rated Windass as a player with potential, he has shown to be very good in some games, and generally just rubbish in others, but Pedro seems to have instilled some confidence in him and is playing him in a better position which is suiting him, he's been unlucky not to score but more time on the pitch will only benefit us and him.
Hopefully he can stay fit and isn't on the table more than off it.

He still has it all to prove

One or two Half decent showings early doors this season doesn't calm the suspicion that he will revert to type again

He's our biggest threat in the final third.

Ask any defender. What they fear is pace. They don't worry about picking up the 37 year old running away from goal.

JW needs to do it more consistently but he has terrific ability to knock the ball on and catch it. That's worth its weight in gold.

He's made a considerable step up at the start of the season, considering 99% of us would have punted him after the Progres game.

He now needs to turn the 20 minutes at the start of the game into a contribution for at least an hour. I'm reluctant to say he can't or won't, as I didn't think he had anything about him, and the first half of the Motherwell game in particular showed what he's capable of.

If Pedro can get him playing well consistently, then i'd say we won't miss the likes of McKay.

He's made a considerable step up at the start of the season, considering 99% of us would have punted him after the Progres game.

He now needs to turn the 20 minutes at the start of the game into a contribution for at least an hour. I'm reluctant to say he can't or won't, as I didn't think he had anything about him, and the first half of the Motherwell game in particular showed what he's capable of.

If Pedro can get him playing well consistently, then i'd say we won't miss the likes of McKay.
I agree with you mate,I had no idea from what I seen of him last season that he was so quick with such a good first touch

We was in the video I watched earlier playing in a training game/ set up which I assume was filmed yesterday because it was talking about returning from days off. So I would think he would go straight back in for Saturday, he is the best option for that position.

I just Can't see it with Windass looked good against Dunfermline but we need a stronger player than him and a player who still has good energy levels after 30 minutes.

We was in the video I watched earlier playing in a training game/ set up which I assume was filmed yesterday because it was talking about returning from days off. So I would think he would go straight back in for Saturday, he is the best option for that position.
I hope you're right but with a Rib injury it would be possible to take part in running and shooting drills but not necessarily contact drills if it's still hurting him.

On the plus side it has been a good few weeks since it happended

Hopefully he is fit for Saturdays game give us a bit of pace on the left hand side

Has decent ability and when in motion looks very good but not sure if he has the game intelligence to make the step-up to be a regular for us, the Progres game had me wanting to drive him back down south, then he produced the hard running attacking display against Motherwell in the 1st half and I'm back to giving him a chance. I hope Pedro can turn the lads talent into a regular team player who's displays are consistent.

Pedro must see a player in there that suits his style, shown briefly what he can do, needs to be more consistent

When he's fit he should be rotated with Kenny Miller. Ideally Windass starting and then coming off after an hour when he tires for Miller as an impact sub. The pair of them should never both start a game as after their legs start to go we are two men down

I really hope we have something better than Josh Windass in either John or Nemane as he is yet to give us 90 mins, a run here and a nutmeg there is all good and well but very very poor at defending and drifts out of games far too easy for my liking.
I thought the last home game against Hearts he was keen to disappear and did not want the ball.
I will be over the moon if the lad proves me wrong but if he starts and plays against the filth like he has done in the last 2 home games we might as well start with a man short.

Most of what I'm reading in this thread is folk saying "there's a player in there somewhere" or "he's showing signs this season" - where, when? The first half at Motherwell? They had a right wing back gone AWOL thinking he's Ronaldo so Windass and Wallace had the freedom of the whole left flank. As soon as they sured things up on that side at half time he reverted to his usual self and did hee haw! If people are thinking that shows the makings of a Rangers player then they're kidding theirselves. Defensively inept, can't stay fit for any longer than 3 games at a time, and when he does there is absolutely no consistency about him. Judging on performances this season I'd rather have MOH on the left side in all honesty.

Most of what I'm reading in this thread is folk saying "there's a player in there somewhere" or "he's showing signs this season" - where, when? The first half at Motherwell? They had a right wing back gone AWOL thinking he's Ronaldo so Windass and Wallace had the freedom of the whole left flank. As soon as they sured things up on that side at half time he reverted to his usual self and did hee haw! If people are thinking that shows the makings of a Rangers player then they're kidding theirselves. Defensively inept, can't stay fit for any longer than 3 games at a time, and when he does there is absolutely no consistency about him. Judging on performances this season I'd rather have MOH on the left side in all honesty.
Against Hearts he tore the full back a new arse, the boy didn't know whether he was coming or going and was eventually booked for his umpteenth foul on Windass.

I thought he was excellent before the injury which basically finished him off.

As mentioned, a lot of what he gives is down to how long he can stay injury free.

Unfortunately when he recovers from injury it takes him a while getting back to speed and within 2/3 games of being back up to speed he suffers a set back.

If he can sort thathe could be a steady regular for us.

Windass has shown more this season than MOH done at any point in his time with us.

I disagree, and MOH has looked a different player this year in a slightly more stable team. Fair play there's the argument he can't (or doesn't want) to do it at us, but I'd rather be taking a wee chance on him developing into a player here, as I can see him delivering goals and assists on a regular basis with the right framework around him. Windass seems to do just enough every once in a while to make you think there's a player there and 3 weeks later you're doubting yourself again.

Hopefully he can get back to full fitness, liked the look of him since the start of this season and so has Pedro i think

He's done well in spells of games but just can't sustain it for anywhere near 90mins. A real shame.

Permitting he stays fit and has a consistent run of games, I think he will be able to maintain hishigh intensity of play for most of the 90. Fingers crossed.

Against Hearts he tore the full back a new arse, the boy didn't know whether he was coming or going and was eventually booked for his umpteenth foul on Windass.

Fair play, I've only seen a few highlights of the Hearts game but he was pish against Hibs and didn't really contribute anything cutting edge in a stroll of a home game against Dunfermline. I guess he's becoming more consistent in his inconsistency.

He's made of glass and has a lot to prove, Some talent and pace but don't think he has the mentality .

If he doesn't make it this season then I would be looking to offload him .

He had a few decent runs but wasn't outstanding even before he got injured.

I don't think we're consistent enough (yet) as a team to carry someone who is the inconsistent type that he seems to be. You know, the type who can be a bit special, a bit different, but is prone to drift out of games every now and then.

He has been good going forward as mentioned several times on here.

Hope he can keep his injuries sustained and get a good run of form going, he could be important for us.

Fair play, I've only seen a few highlights of the Hearts game but he was pish against Hibs and didn't really contribute anything cutting edge in a stroll of a home game against Dunfermline. I guess he's becoming more consistent in his inconsistency.
He was never going to shine in a role where the opposition had possession of the ball for an hour.

Yeah he has talent,but it's about bloody time he shows it,a couple of flashes here and there won't cut it.

You can see he has the ability but I just don't think he has the heart for a battle, too lightweight for me and no a long term option going forward.

Back