Jota to Liverpool

Not the striker from Wolves I would be after. Jimenez is superb, don’t get me wrong Jota has a lot of talent and an eye for goal, but he is/was the second best striker at Wolves.

Not the striker from Wolves I would be after. Jimenez is superb, don’t get me wrong Jota has a lot of talent and an eye for goal, but he is/was the second best striker at Wolves.

Jiminez is almost 30 , while Jota is only 23 . I prefer Jimenez as well but £35 million isn’t sensibly spent on the older player .

Liverpool’s success is the collective buy in to the system, the plan and the group ethic. Superstar signings is the antithesis of their model.

It’s adding parts that fit, rather than changing the design to accommodate different components.

Seems to be working okay for all the ‘need to sign better’ shouts.

£35m. Paul Joyce reporting it so more or less a done deal. Him & Thiago will be two cracking signings and Liverpool finally get the backup attacker they need.

Have they given up on Minamino already? I know they need at least 2 good players as options, but he looked a player at Salzburg.

Have they given up on Minamino already? I know they need at least 2 good players as options, but he looked a player at Salzburg.

no, from all accounts they’re expecting him to do well this season, with the schedule this season all their players will get games.

Good signing. Liverpool don’t need anyone to start in the front 3 but he can develop to replace one of salah/mane/firmino in the next few years as they are all hitting their late 20s

No they weren’t.

Wijnaldum was just relegated with Newcastle.
Mane was at Southampton but very inconsistent, quite similar to Jota to be honest.
Salah was deemed a massive risk and a failure at Chelsea.

Salah was not. He’d set Serie A on fire and was never given a chance at Chelsea.

He was no more a risk than KdB at City.

Salah was not. He’d set Serie A on fire and was never given a chance at Chelsea.

He was no more a risk than KdB at City.
The doubts about Salah were there for everyone to see. There was loads of “Chelsea reject” being thrown about when he signed.

Good player, very intelligent, off the ball movement is excellent. Two footed, 23, can play along the front three, score and assist.

Klopp develops him further.

His movement and timing of runs will be picked out by the likes of Robertson, Thiago, TAA, Fabinho and he's got the ability to link with Salah, Mane and Firminho.

Clever signing.

The doubts about Salah were there for everyone to see. There was loads of “Chelsea reject” being thrown about when he signed.

That’s just not the case. IF there was, it was from idiotic anti-Liverpool loons.

He’d scored 55 and assisted 40 times in 150 games after Chelsea. There was zero high risk narrative from reputable sources or fans who knew football.

There may have been on FF but, well, it’s FF.

That’s just not the case. IF there was, it was from idiotic anti-Liverpool loons.

He’d scored 55 and assisted 40 times in 150 games after Chelsea. There was zero high risk narrative from reputable sources or fans who knew football.

There may have been on FF but, well, it’s FF.
Yeah your right there.

Don’t get me wrong I was delighted he joined Liverpool but I do remember looking on twitter / FF / Comment sections and there was a lot of people writing him off. Proven alot wrong that’s for sure..

Yeah your right there.

Don’t get me wrong I was delighted he joined Liverpool but I do remember looking on twitter / FF / Comment sections and there was a lot of people writing him off. Proven alot wrong that’s for sure..

Pretty sure Klopp wasn't sure about him either. Was persuaded by the rest of the transfer committee. Klopp wanted Julian Brandt.

He’ll do well for Liverpool, no doubt Wolves will have a ready made Portuguese replacement waiting on the shout.

Back