Jota to Liverpool

Not really mate only Robertson, the other 3 were top players before they were signed.
Wijnaldum was relegated at Newcastle, Salah had a good season at Roma but wasn’t playing at a top side and Mané was at Southampton. Not like paying top dollar for the finished article.

Liverpool have been getting away with murder, past couple of seasons. Their front 3, have never had any real injuries.
They need more front players.

They lost the league having amassed the second highest points total in EPL history then cruised to victory last season. How have they been getting away with murder? :oops:

Wijnaldum was relegated at Newcastle, Salah had a good season at Roma but wasn’t playing at a top side and Mané was at Southampton. Not like paying top dollar for the finished article.

I agree with that, a bit like Pep supposedly buying the worlds best players but again they were hardly that. Just very good footballers they both knew would fit their style of play.

I agree with that, a bit like Pep supposedly buying the worlds best players but again they were hardly that. Just very good footballers they both knew would fit their style of play.
Pep had a great squad at Barcelona that had come through together(ish)

He is undoubtedly an excellent Manager, as was proven at Barcelona in particular and subsequently at Munich and city.

He inherited a great squad at Bayern and consolidated it and has done similar at city.

He hasn’t bought the greatest players in the world but has had untold riches to buy the kind of squad to win titles.

Middle to front his sides are good but they can be got at defensively.

Klopp is a little more pragmatic.

How can you argue with any of they points? What he says is pretty much fact
Mane destroyed Liverpool and was clearly a top quality forward no matter who he played with.

Wijnaldum was already a Dutch international i believe.

Salah had been top quality in Italy.

Jota is a decent player but nowhere near the quality Liverpool should be buying, esp for £35m.

Mane destroyed Liverpool and was clearly a top quality forward no matter who he played with.

Jota is a decent player but nowhere near the quality Liverpool should be buying, esp for £35m.

He is a better player than decent. I’ve already stated on this thread though I’m not sure his style of play suits Liverpool. The one player I thought for certain would have joined one of the “big boys” this season was Jiminez

None of them would have been classed as players who would push Liverpool onto Champions league or premier league winners that’s for sure. Klopp has taken them onto a completely different level.

Diego Jota’s numbers are certainly impressive and the Liverpool transfer committee haven’t got much wrong since klopp came along.

Jota might not be an automatic starter for Liverpool but strengthens their squad and Thiago was a tremendous signing and an absolute steal.

Chelsea have also did some fantastic business.

Looking forward to season ahead, think it could be a cracker.

Pep had a great squad at Barcelona that had come through together(ish)

He is undoubtedly an excellent Manager, as was proven at Barcelona in particular and subsequently at Munich and city.

He inherited a great squad at Bayern and consolidated it and has done similar at city.

He hasn’t bought the greatest players in the world but has had untold riches to buy the kind of squad to win titles.

Middle to front his sides are good but they can be got at defensively.

Klopp is a little more pragmatic.
Yes, people have this view of Liverpool playing “rock and roll football” which couldn’t be further away from the truth. They now play more pragmatic but it works as they ultimately win the things that matter at the end of the season.

Bit of a shame to see the Wolves' team being picked up somewhat: first Doherty, now Jota. Victims of their own success to some extent but that's football now I suppose.
Holding onto their manager is the most important. I’m surprised a massive team hasn’t taken him.

They are offloading Wijnaldum allegedly maybe need a replacement. Wouldn't have got rid of Wijnaldum cracking player to. Jota is as well but still.
Gini is a player I’ve loved since PSV, Rolls Royce as they say. He’s underrated in the sense that he’s equally great in any midfield role whether it be a 6,8 or a 10.

Probably my favourite Liverpool player behind Firmino.

But Jota isn’t a remotely similar player if you were suggesting he’s a replacement, mate :))

Try telling Jürgen Klopp that. He obviously see's some thing and there is no surprise as Jota is a good player. His versatility (left, right, number 9, number 10) and attributes fit in with the way Klopp has them playing.

Liverpool will get Jota for less than what some mug will pay for James Tarkowski and Liverpool are selling Wolves a player for £10m that's never kicked a ball at first team level.

Really sensible business from Liverpool and exactly the type of player that Klopp has been taking to the next level.

Every league winning team needs to add quality on top and Thiago and Jota will definitely push on the current squad.

Talking nonsense and I say this as a Liverpool fan

klopp gets the best out of players and for 35 million in EPL terms is nothing

he won’t start every week but he’s young and is a great addition

The Thiago signing is the signing of the summer down there - outstanding player!!

Jota is a good player and with Salah linked to Barca it’s a smart signing!!

They'll get £20m+ for the likes of Brewster, Wilson and Grujic if they punt them this season as well.
Exactly, plus £10m plus add-ons for Hoever. They will probably end up, once more, with a comparatively low net spend. Lovren, Clyne, Lallana and Chirivela already off the wage bill too, so with others departing, the wage bill will probably drop.

Try telling Jürgen Klopp that. He obviously see's some thing and there is no surprise as Jota is a good player. His versatility (left, right, number 9, number 10) and attributes fit in with the way Klopp has them playing.

Liverpool will get Jota for less than what some mug will pay for James Tarkowski and Liverpool are selling Wolves a player for £10m that's never kicked a ball at first team level.

Thiago Alcantara cost one third of Chilwell’s fee.

Liverpool playing the transfer market far better than anybody else this season. Really Klopp just needs to refresh the squad a bit and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets most of this money back by punting some squad players.

How much do you know about their behind the scenes stuff?

Their analytics/data teams astound me. Ranges from guys with PhDs in astronomy, particle phsyics and computing majors to mathmeticians and chess champions. Guys with zero background in football that have played a major part in creating an absolute powerhouse off the park, and on it.

Makes me laugh when folk talk about football being a simple game, its anything but these days.

It’s mad when you think of it like that. Reminds me of Liverpool paying a tad more for Andy Carroll than City were paying for Agüero around the same time.

Liverpool have done superb business this window.

They're, FINALLY, as well run as any club in world football. Board, recruitment team, manager and players all united.

No superstars. No vulgar Rodgers era vanity signings. Just players who will fit.

I think that’s easily and oft overlooked when so much of modern football in the EPL is distasteful at best.

How much do you know about their behind the scenes stuff?

Their analytics/data teams astound me. Ranges from guys with PhDs in astronomy, particle phsyics and computing majors to mathmeticians and chess champions. Guys with zero background in football that have played a major part in creating an absolute powerhouse off the park, and on it.

Makes me laugh when folk talk about football being a simple game, its anything but these days.

Not as much as I did, when I was behind the scenes, but more than most.

Wolves transfers make me think one of their directors has downloaded the free FM 20 deal. Just waiting on the manager going on holiday for league cup games

Exactly, plus £10m plus add-ons for Hoever. They will probably end up, once more, with a comparatively low net spend. Lovren, Clyne, Lallana and Chirivela already off the wage bill too, so with others departing, the wage bill will probably drop.

How will Klopp cope with losing all they key players eh? He's so hard done by....

Looking forward to seeing Thiago. Concerns over his injury record but when fit, he is a top player.
How will Klopp cope with losing all they key players eh? He's so hard done by....
He’ll have done wonders once more reshaping the squad by the end of the window but spending only a small amount of money, factoring in sales.

Back