Jozef Venglos dead

An intelligent and educated man who it struck me was here to do his job and nothing else. My recollection is that the Scottish press were somewhat derogatory toward him, him being ‘a funny foreigner’, despite his bona fides.

Sorry to learn of his passing. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.
But that is the welcoming non racist MSM not really changed much
But he was an articulate chap and fair

RIP Dr Joseph

A visionary who couldn’t really get his vision translated into reality by all counts. But Celtic owe him for bringing in Moravcik. Terrific player for them, the bastard.

Just goes to show the absolute class our club and fans are as an institution. Ex Celtic manager has passed away and quite rightly nothing but respect and condolences all around. I very much doubt we'd see the same reaction on Kerrydale Street if it was one of our ex managers.

I remember Hugh Keevins tried to belittle Advocaat's treble in 1999 by saying he was only up against Josef Venglos, shouldn't have been surprised.

RIP.

Och that's a sin Dr Joe was a half-decent man to good for that lot.
Guess that rules out a spectacular return to the dark side again.

R.I.P Dr Jozef

Seemed a genuine, respectful, football man. Certainly never disrespected us or our club in his time there.

Only real harm he caused us was bringing in Moravcik

I just watched the highlights of the 3-0 game at the sty again today. It's amazing the things you have forgotten through the mists of time. One of them was actually how embarrassed Dr Joe looked when Mahe and Riseth had their meltdowns.

As said above, probably he was too much of a decent human being to be associated with the vile behaviour of Celtc players and fans that day.

I remember Hugh Keevins tried to belittle Advocaat's treble in 1999 by saying he was only up against Josef Venglos, shouldn't have been surprised.

RIP.

Sands of time and cannot be arsed googling but I think he was in charge for the 5-1 humping they gave us.
He also had Scott Marshall foisted upon him when wee Neil ran riot.

Put all the groundwork in for Wim Jansen to get the benefit from according to my tim mate. Sad news but 83 is a solid innings.

RIP

Sad news.

Always seemed a decent guy.
Unfortunate from his perspective he came up against us when we were very strong.

From memory he seemed like a decent, quiet and respectful man. Didn't realise he was part of the coaching team that won Euro 76. Way ahead of his time in many respects.

RIP Dr Jo.

Really surprised that he was the first foreign manager in the English top flight and that was only back in 1990.

Did he quit them, or was he sacked? I always wondered why he only did one season with them. He essentially built the foundation that O’Neill eventually wielded successfully against us.

Back