Juan Alegria

It wouldn’t be the craziest idea to have a young Colombian prospect lining up alongside his compatriot at some stage at the weekend. It might spur Morelos on and inspire him to show the young pup how it’s done. Conversely, it might inspire Alegria to play well and impress his senior pros.

Either way, the young man should be thrust into the limelight to see how he handles it, after all, how else is he going to learn?

Alloa away - I’m not sure any of our first team players could go there and score 3 goals

In fact, I’m not sure THE first team could go there and score 3 goals just now.
Sad but true!

As for Alegria, I haven't seen him play but he is clearly already at a level that he is too good for the level that the B team play at.

Physically he looks ready for the first team.

Wouldn't hurt to put him on the bench.

We seem to have a fear about throwing young lads into the 1st teams in this country compared to other countries ,in south america they play young lads all the time if they are good enough they play even in spain they throw young lads in with no fear , in this country its always the same old shit oh they are not ready they need to develop, best way to develop them is give them a chance to show what they can do , look at the lad fati at barcelona he was in their 1st team squad at 16 , alegria and charlie mccann are head n shoulders above the level they are playing at and should be playing in the 1st team IMO , give the lads a chance ffs

Alegria is a big lad and looks as though he could handle the physicality of 1st team action without any issues.

It's a Tugay/Reyna/VanB type player we need just now though, someone to stop diddy teams dictating the play.

Just watched his goals on RTV surely he can get a place on the bench, from videos I've seen of him he looks strong pacey and knows we're the back of the net is obviously he's still young and raw but hopefully gets a chance.

If ever there was a time to Chuck a few into the team and see if they sink or swim next few games are it. Won’t happen with the Run in December.

If he has beefy shoulders and plays between the posts, get him in!

This is the SPFL. We know what works and this lad looks to have the tools.

We seem to have a fear about throwing young lads into the 1st teams in this country compared to other countries ,in south america they play young lads all the time if they are good enough they play even in spain they throw young lads in with no fear , in this country its always the same old shit oh they are not ready they need to develop, best way to develop them is give them a chance to show what they can do , look at the lad fati at barcelona he was in their 1st team squad at 16 , alegria and charlie mccann are head n shoulders above the level they are playing at and should be playing in the 1st team IMO , give the lads a chance ffs
It is a step up.
But you won't know if they can make the step if you never give them the opportunity.

There is far too much hype around this boy and I’ve genuinely no idea why.

Scored 2 goals in 16 apps in the Finnish league. Thats what the hype is built off of.

Fantastic to see him score a hatrick last night, and a couple in games previously. But Tony Weston is younger and is the top scorer in the Lowland league yet nowhere near the hype? Its not as if its based on performances because people on here will only have seen JA once or twice.

Quite odd to me.

Don't think he can play for the first team in this transfer window, once a player has played for the B Team they need to wait until the next transfer window to be available for the 1st Team.
Yeah and if they play 5 games or more games they're ineligible for the B team meaning if they don't do well they will have no football to play until next season. Its not going to happen

It is a step up.
But you won't know if they can make the step if you never give them the opportunity.
Its been a bug bear of mine for ages , we never give young lads a chance , look at bellingham at dortmund a terrific player , rooney when he broke through at everton at 17 , michael owen at liverpool , the lad wirtz at leverkusen hes only 18 and playing in their 1st team and german national team , yes these lads were and are excellent talents but whos to say alegria wont make the same impact for us , we could play him and he could be banging in goals and we could have unearthed a talent , we wont know unless we try and at the moment our strikers are not doing it so why not give the lad a chance

If he has beefy shoulders and plays between the posts, get him in!

This is the SPFL. We know what works and this lad looks to have the tools.
We would beeed a manager that trusts youth players to be given a chance but we know from his treatment of Stephen Kelly this season he doesn't. Patterson was forced on him last season because Balogun was crap at right back for 2 games otherwise had he performed we wouldn't have saw Patterson.

Alloa made 11 changes last night I think but the kid is better off playing with the B team for game time.

Can score for the B team, likely be loaned out to some jobber championship club then fade to obscurity like the rest of the kids that we give 0 chances to, Kai Kennedy for example, next big thing, can’t get any goals or assists for dumfermline. Gerrard doesn’t give young guys opportunities, no goni happen.

Far too early, we need to give him time to develop his all round game and get used to our system. The development team is the right place for him just now although I have high hopes for him and McCann

If he keeps scoring like that then we should probably be trying to get him a loan to the championship or even a relegation fodder Spfl team in January

Last edited:
If he keeps scoring like that then we should be probably be trying to get him a loan to the championship or even a relegation fodder Spfl team in January
You would like to think that is the plan for players like Alegria and especially Charlie McCann who is a stand out playing in the Lowland League.

6 months with the B-Team to get used to their new surroundings and our style of play then out on loan to a higher level to be challenged whilst playing every week.

Will then give players like Robbie Ure and Rory Wilson an opportunity to get more regular games for the B-Team.

Back