Juan Alegria

An absolute peach of a header.

Something none of our current forwards seem capable of.

How many more headers are you expecting us to score from? Don't we score from an almost exorbitant number of headers? I can't recall a time supporting the club when we've scored more headers (I'm 35, so I'm post-Hately).

I feel like it's the one are of our game just now that's not went to pot, the issue for me is that the ability to score goals on the deck in and around the box has dried up, making us predictable.

Nothing
What makes this a good time to Chuck youngsters in the team? We’ve drawn a couple of games. It’s not like we’re losing every game so would make no difference if we lost them with young players in the team.
about the form stats… although performances are flat as you like! I meant we have Motherwell away and then Ross county at home. Why not see if the boy can have an impact or are we worried about those games?

Im sure its probably been mentioned already but what are the thoughts on him getting promoted to the first team squad? I realise its been B team games but the boy looks a tank for 19 & knows how to put the ball in the net.
Id love to see him given a game against one of the SPL dross at Ibrox

Im sure its probably been mentioned already but what are the thoughts on him getting promoted to the first team squad? I realise its been B team games but the boy looks a tank for 19 & knows how to put the ball in the net.
He trained with the first team squad recently.

I think it’s a must.

I think he looks the part, but the standard he's playing against is woeful.

Even the other night against Alloa, they rested 8 regular 1st team starters.

If he impresses in training, then who knows, he may make the squad for a game.

Good discussion in here mate.

He is definitely doing what he needs to do to show Stevie and the rest of the coaching staff what he is capable of. Won't be too long. Maybe they should be showing his goals to the rest of the strikers so they know who is right behind them if goals don't start to come, especially goals that kill games off.

He played 24 games for Honka last season, might have played more for the B side, had he not been injured.

I don`t know how good he is, nor whether we actually can promote a B side player to the first team ... given that this is some SFA/SPFL-made thing.

Likewise, I would like to see our first squad change tactics first and play a attack-line worth its name.

What's the thoughts on loaning him out? There would be little point in a move to league 1 or 2 up here.

Maybe a Dunfermline or Ayr would suit

Edit - just realised Dunfermline are rock bottom of the league. No point in a CF going there imo

What's the thoughts on loaning him out? There would be little point in a move to league 1 or 2 up here.

Edit - just realised Dunfermline are rock bottom of the league. No point in a CF going there imo
No point in anyone going to Dunfermline with Peter grant in charge tbh, He is fcucking useless.
Definitely if we weren't going to use him put him out on loan to a another championship side if any were interested.

I reckon he’ll go on loan to a championship team after the winter break, not in the know or anything - just a hunch.

I really hope the guy is the next Morelos and steps up to the first team at some point, but I also think people are heaping too much pressure on him before he even plays.

The lad is only 19 and if he is rushed in and does badly in his first game and we lose, some supporters will already label him as a flop and the media will have a field day. This isn't a game of football manager, we have staff in place that watch him day in and day out and I would imagine they have a better idea of how ready he is than your average person commenting on social media.

I think he looks the part, but the standard he's playing against is woeful.

Even the other night against Alloa, they rested 8 regular 1st team starters.

If he impresses in training, then who knows, he may make the squad for a game.
That would be my concern. One of the games I watched it looked like wee boys he was playing against .
The other game against alloa it wasnt but like you say they rested a lot players so the level he is up against was still questionable .

All That being said you can only perform against what you are up against and he does look decent.

That would be my concern. One of the games I watched it looked like wee boys he was playing against .
The other game against alloa it wasnt but like you say they rested a lot players so the level he is up against was still questionable .

All That being said you can only perform against what you are up against and he does look decent.

The only half decent mens team the B team have faced this season was Ayr Utd and they got hammered 3-0.

He looks like an absolute unit for a young guy. I'd imagine he'll be sniffing about the first team nearer the end of the season.

He has played 3 games, against Alloa reserves, Vale of Leithen and Caledonian Braves.

The hype, as usual, is ridiculous and unwarranted.

The likes of Lowry, Lindsay & McCann have done far more, but lack the physical frame so don’t get as much of a hype job. Usual in Scotland.

He has played 3 games, against Alloa reserves, Vale of Leithen and Caledonian Braves.

The hype, as usual, is ridiculous and unwarranted.

The likes of Lowry, Lindsay & McCann have done far more, but lack the physical frame so don’t get as much of a hype job. Usual in Scotland.

Lowry should get a game before the end of the season in some capacity.

Scottish youth football might as well pack it in if he doesn't.

These lads should be moved up and given a chance, we seem to lose them without giving them a chance in the first team. The colts are doing really well this season.

Moving these lads up means a loan to a Championship club, for the better ones.

The majority of them are nowhere near 1st team level.

Yeah and if they play 5 games or more games they're ineligible for the B team meaning if they don't do well they will have no football to play until next season. Its not going to happen
What kind of stupid rule is that?

Here’s me thinking youngsters should have every opportunity to teach their potential.

We don't have a striker problem. We have a delivery problem. Apart from a few glaring misses our issue is not creating the chances for our strikers to pounce. Remember Mcoist missed plenty of chances, plenty.

What kind of stupid rule is that?

Here’s me thinking youngsters should have every opportunity to teach their potential.
He’s incorrect, If they play 5 games for the first team then they need to wait until January to play for the B team again.

No issue for me.

No point in anyone going to Dunfermline with Peter grant in charge tbh, He is fcucking useless.
Definitely if we weren't going to use him put him out on loan to a another championship side if any were interested.
Shows how much I know about that league.

He might only be 19 but I look at Abada for the tims and wonder why big Juan couldn’t make a similar contribution to our first team. There isn’t much between them in age and both came from pretty poor leagues. I think a lot of our support tend to talk about our 19/20 year olds as if they’re still sitting their standard grades.

He might only be 19 but I look at Abada for the tims and wonder why big Juan couldn’t make a similar contribution to our first team. There isn’t much between them in age and both came from pretty poor leagues. I think a lot of our support tend to talk about our 19/20 year olds as if they’re still sitting their standard grades.
Not necessarily disagreeing but -

Abada cost £3.5m and was a full international who was scoring fairly regularly in their top flight with 75 games under his belt.

Alegria was playing in the Finnish reserve league in the last year, cost £100k and scored 2 goals in 16 senior games, with 2 U17 caps.

Like I said, I’m not necessarily disagreeing but they are at different stages in their careers.

Even if he gets called into the 1st team squad. Evidence is there that he'd sit on the periphery for ever and a day.

Like many, my first sight of him was in the successful Alkass tournament a few years ago when I think he was one of the youngest in the group [15?], and my first reaction was hello? what have we got here. Clearly he'll never make a middle weight boxer, however he has taken a stretch and filled out enough to dispel a lot of doubts regarding being too slight. For me he looks a real talent and I'd love to see him introduced slowly minus the usual loaned out to Championship also rans.
I love how he seems to beat a man without thinking. A bit gallus but maybe that's what we need.

The team needs something different, doesn't sound like the worst idea in the world for Alegria, or any of the other boys in the B team, to be given a chance from the bench.

Nothing

about the form stats… although performances are flat as you like! I meant we have Motherwell away and then Ross county at home. Why not see if the boy can have an impact or are we worried about those games?
We’re worried about every game because we have to win them. Would you take draws or losses as long as youth players are played?

Back