Juan Alegria

We seemed to be obsessed with physicality in this country, imo that is part of the problem.
If the boys are good enough we should be encouraging creativity not stifling it or waiting until the bulk up.

I have a feeling I know where some posters go for a babycham at weekend
The obsession would give ye the boak

Partly agree, however physical attributes are important.

Players need to be able to shake off their opponent, get by their man and it is easier to carry the ball if you have a bit of pace or strength.

For example, you could argue Scott Wright still gets pushed off the ball too easily and that’s after we’ve put a shit ton of muscle on him, where as Kent has the upper body strength to carry the ball.

There’s a middle ground, sometimes when people say “physical” they envisage booting players or flying elbows - that’s generally not what people mean when they refer to physical attributes.

Having the physical attributes help the player reach peak performance, putting a 17 year old centre half who is built like fag paper up against the likes of Chris Kane is just asking for trouble.

S&C guys are critical to a team these days.

That’s why Gilmour’s failing eh

Scotland’s a different game though.

Thriving in England and didn’t get a sniff for us at a time where we were absolute shit, take from that what you will.
What do you mean didn’t get a sniff?

He was training with the first team and left before he could play a game. Pretty sure U16s can’t play any matches.

What do you mean didn’t get a sniff?

He was training with the first team and left before he could play a game. Pretty sure U16s can’t play any matches.
He could have played for us before he left, no?

Or did he leave before the minimum age?

I was definitely moaning that we should have used him more for the 6 months before he left, but that could well be misplaced bollocks now.

Gilmour is the exact type of player that could easily have went missing in the Scottish youth system though, based purely on his size.

I was definitely moaning that we should have used him more for the 6 months before he left, but that could well be misplaced bollocks now.

Gilmour is the exact type of player that could easily have went missing in the Scottish youth system though, based purely on his size.
Yeah, playing for the Scotland 21s whilst the ball sailed over his head non stop :))

I could well be wrong with the game thing by the way, I remember him on the bench v Morton but not sure if the cups are different?

Yeah, playing for the Scotland 21s whilst the ball sailed over his head non stop :))

I could well be wrong with the game thing by the way, I remember him on the bench v Morton but not sure if the cups are different?
thats were the Zac Jacob video was really good where he basically not everything was about Physically attributes how he harnessed the smaller players

Back