Juninho v Gerrard (Long Range Shots)

cooperman

ok was having a debate with pals on which of these two had the better shots on them, I picked Gerrard as he scored lots of long range shots, but then Juninho's freekicks were something else, he was the man at Lyon, who would you pick?

I'm pretty sure Frank Lampard had a higher outside the box goal record than Gerrard. I remember seeing a PL stat on that.

No idea how it compares to Juninho.

Nice question. Difficult to decide.

Gerrard always pinged straight. Proper hammer style.

Juninho always had a bit more action on the ball.

Juninho. Scored more goals in his career.

Juninho pissed about in shit leagues for most of his career, I don't think you can compare scoring records

Plus almost half of his goals came from free kicks and penalties alone

He was a hell of a player for Lyon, and one of the best free kick takers of all time, but Gerrard's all round game made him a once in a generation type of player

As said above, the answer is Juninho from set plays Gerrard from open play.

Nice question. Difficult to decide.

Gerrard always pinged straight. Proper hammer style.

Juninho always had a bit more action on the ball.
when Juninho shoots, the ball moves quite a bit, and not just to one direction, seen ones where the ball moves at the last second which bamboozles a lot of keepers

Juninho. Scored more goals in his career.

Not if you include internationals.

Gerrard - 190 club goals in 749 appearances and 21 international goals in 114 appearances.

Juninho - 198 club goals in 816 appearances and 6 international goals in 40 appearances.

Not if you include internationals.

Gerrard - 190 club goals in 749 appearances and 21 international goals in 114 appearances.

Juninho - 198 club goals in 816 appearances and 6 international goals in 40 appearances.

Wikipedia has Gerrard scoring 125 club goals :))

I'm pretty sure Frank Lampard had a higher outside the box goal record than Gerrard. I remember seeing a PL stat on that.

No idea how it compares to Juninho.
Lampard has scored more Premier League goals from outside the box than anyone else. 41 goals.

Juninho was the best I'd seen in terms of range, and a deceptively effortless style it seemed. The away game at Lyon, although we won, was something else when it came to his free-kicks; some of the distance he was taking them from was incredible, if I'm recalling this correctly.

Juninho was the best I'd seen in terms of range, and a deceptively effortless style it seemed. The away game at Lyon, although we won, was something else when it came to his free-kicks; some of the distance he was taking them from was incredible, if I'm recalling this correctly.
they fooking battered us that night, was the most one sided game I'd seen, yet we won 3-0o_O

Juninho was probably better from set pieces

Gerrard probably better hitting a moving ball

both Incredible strikers of the ball and almost impossible to separate but Juninho never won us 55 so im going for SG

If you’d asked a few years ago it would have probably been Juninho. Now most will pick Gerrard, same way he went for 3rd to 1st in the Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard debate.

Back