Junior games 11/11/17

colin

Official Ticketer
Bot 1 Carluke 0

An horrendous game at Beechwood today int he West up. With all due respect to Carluek their game plan seems to have been "of it moves. kick it" Talbot started with an unusual 11, probably to give a few benchwarmers some game time. Glad it didn't bite us on the arse as we could easily not have scored and lost on penalties. However, we are in the next round and that is all that matters in cup football

Pollok, Girvan and Medda also won in the west. Cumnock probably doubles their goal tally for the last couple of seasons by scoring 9 today.

Lie and the Blasties won in the Junior cup

Drabs won in the league

Buffs 2 Medda 3. Buffs scored with an early free-kick before IM went up the park and did the same. Buffs then took the lead early in the 2nd half only to almost immediately gift Meadow another equaliser. Kilwinning had the best of it but got caught on the break for 3-2. Great game though.

Bot 1 Carluke 0

An horrendous game at Beechwood today int he West up. With all due respect to Carluek their game plan seems to have been "of it moves. kick it" Talbot started with an unusual 11, probably to give a few benchwarmers some game time. Glad it didn't bite us on the arse as we could easily not have scored and lost on penalties. However, we are in the next round and that is all that matters in cup football

Pollok, Girvan and Medda also won in the west. Cumnock probably doubles their goal tally for the last couple of seasons by scoring 9 today.

Drabs won in the league
Was the bird with the big shoes at the game ?

Kilbirnie won 4_3 on pens v Penicuik.
Great game at Penicuik.Thought we had blew it .We went 2-1 up but straight from the ko ,Penicuik went up the park and equalised and Ladesides centre half was sent off for something he said to the ref.
Penicuik made it 3-2 but Ladeside dug in and got the equaliser .The lottery of penalty kicks but Ladeside made it to the next round.

Dunterlie hosted Lesmahagow for a Scottish Cup replay. 2 weeks ago, they played out a 3-3 draw in Lanarkshire, crammed with great goals, tigerish tackling & comedy defending. Lovely wee park and 1 of the best food bothys I've sampled in >30 years at the Juniors.
Today's match had an edge; the visitors' manager & players having accused 'lie of a rain-dance to get last week's fixture postponed. Gow deservedly went one up, wee Squib single-handedly pulling 'lie level, only for Gow to score a well worked 2nd straight from the restart. And the visitors went 1-3 up with an audacious 30-yard chip over Hay before HT. The visitors deserved it.
McKenzie was again 'lie's hero in the 2nd half, pulling a goal back & driving his team mates to an equalizer before scoring from the spot when Spence was brought down. By then, the home side was well on top & ran out worthy winners. Coupar Angus up next.

3-0 win for cambuslang Rangers, good performance from the boys from what I seen of the game. Had to leave as my 2 year old son was acting up much to my annoyance.

Great game at Penicuik.Thought we had blew it .We went 2-1 up but straight from the ko ,Penicuik went up the park and equalised and Ladesides centre half was sent off for something he said to the ref.
Penicuik made it 3-2 but Ladeside dug in and got the equaliser .The lottery of penalty kicks but Ladeside made it to the next round.
At 3_2 thought Penicuik could see it out. Young side Penicuik there day will come

I expect exactly what he provides, a test of patience lol. He was fine till half time to be Fair but after he had a kick about on the pitch at half time with other kids he wasn't for coming back to the stand lol
You’re a brave man. Mine is 2 and he’s not getting near the football for a while yet...lol

Bot 1 Carluke 0

Drabs won in the league
If it moves, kick it? Was hardly as bad as that. It wasn't a Carluke player who had the potential leg break tackle and received a red card.
Talbot missed several good chances to score and Carluke effectively 40 odd places behind league wise can be happy with their performance. I'm sure the Talbot fans were not. They were poorer than I expected.

If it moves, kick it? Was hardly as bad as that. It wasn't a Carluke player who had the potential leg break tackle and received a red card.
Talbot missed several good chances to score and Carluke effectively 40 odd places behind league wise can be happy with their performance. I'm sure the Talbot fans were not. They were poorer than I expected.

If the Carluke #6 had received a second yellow - as he deservedly should have at several points during the second half - then he wouldn't have been on the end of an, admittedly, very poor challenge. A definite red card and Craig will, quite rightly, miss at least 2 games. I thought the ref, who we've already had this season and is absolutely pish hadn't been so lenient then there could have been second yellow cards for Carluke's 2, 6 and 10.

Man of the Match was the Carluke keeper.

Btw, what happened with the #5 at the end of the game, did he get a second yellow or a straight red?

Also, please tell me you weren't the stout 'Luke fan who was trying to wind up the Bot fans? :eek:

You’re a brave man. Mine is 2 and he’s not getting near the football for a while yet...lol
Yeah I wouldn't take him to Ibrox till he's older but it's good for him at the junior ground he can run about behind the goals. I usually take my daughter up with me as well she's 8 so keeps him entertained while i watch the game.

Yeah I wouldn't take him to Ibrox till he's older but it's good for him at the junior ground he can run about behind the goals. I usually take my daughter up with me as well she's 8 so keeps him entertained while i watch the game.
I remember that well from going to Newlandsfield a lot in the past.

If the Carluke #6 had received a second yellow - as he deservedly should have at several points during the second half - then he wouldn't have been on the end of an, admittedly, very poor challenge. A definite red card and Craig will, quite rightly, miss at least 2 games. I thought the ref, who we've already had this season and is absolutely pish hadn't been so lenient then there could have been second yellow cards for Carluke's 2, 6 and 10.

Man of the Match was the Carluke keeper.

Btw, what happened with the #5 at the end of the game, did he get a second yellow or a straight red?

Also, please tell me you weren't the stout 'Luke fan who was trying to wind up the Bot fans? :eek:

Nah - I wasn't the Carluke fan winding up the fans, I'm the club photographer, I was down pitch side, had a good bit of friendly chat going with some of your fans. A good well supported team.
Got an excellent photo of the tackle, wasn't yourself I showed it to in the clubhouse? being honest I don't think your player went in to do our player, else it would have been worse. In all honesty I didn't really think there were many bad tackles in the game. Our guys were just getting caught out by quicker sharper players.
The number 5 got a yellow at the end, he said he just politely told the ref how poor a ref he was :)
Anyway, best of luck in the next round, I was impressed with your setup and the hospitality shown to us before and after the game.

Nah - I wasn't the Carluke fan winding up the fans, I'm the club photographer, I was down pitch side, had a good bit of friendly chat going with some of your fans. A good well supported team.
Got an excellent photo of the tackle, wasn't yourself I showed it to in the clubhouse? being honest I don't think your player went in to do our player, else it would have been worse. In all honesty I didn't really think there were many bad tackles in the game. Our guys were just getting caught out by quicker sharper players.
The number 5 got a yellow at the end, he said he just politely told the ref how poor a ref he was :)
Anyway, best of luck in the next round, I was impressed with your setup and the hospitality shown to us before and after the game.

It wasn't me, no - I didn't have time to go in today, unfortunately. I did see you taking a pic of the Talbot squad after the game though. That'll keep the kids from the fireplace.

I shook the Carluke guys hand and the manager's just after that pic and wished them, and the team, well for the rest of the season.

Craig's first touch was horrid, hence the lunge to try and win it back. Silly boy. Again, absolutely no complaints about the red card.

I will say that the speed in which Carluke broke forward was impressive.

Glad the committee were good to you and the players and staff. Best of British for the rest of the season. And, if you want to post any of your pics then please do so :)

3-0 win for cambuslang Rangers, good performance from the boys from what I seen of the game. Had to leave as my 2 year old son was acting up much to my annoyance.

I was at the Cambuslang game too. The Muirkirk goalie had an amazing game & kept the scoreline respectable.
Cambuslang comfortable winners & never really got out of first gear.

I was at the Cambuslang game too. The Muirkirk goalie had an amazing game & kept the scoreline respectable.
Cambuslang comfortable winners & never really got out of first gear.
Yeah cambuslang the better side by far. Few wild shots over the bar and a boy missed a sitter at the back post early in the first half as well. Never seen much of the second half but well impressed with cambuslangs number 4 he's a decent big centre half.

Yeah cambuslang the better side by far. Few wild shots over the bar and a boy missed a sitter at the back post early in the first half as well. Never seen much of the second half but well impressed with cambuslangs number 4 he's a decent big centre half.

Yeah , good big player with an unfortunate name................
David Green :eek:

It wasn't me, no - I didn't have time to go in today, unfortunately. I did see you taking a pic of the Talbot squad after the game though. That'll keep the kids from the fireplace.

I shook the Carluke guys hand and the manager's just after that pic and wished them, and the team, well for the rest of the season.

Craig's first touch was horrid, hence the lunge to try and win it back. Silly boy. Again, absolutely no complaints about the red card.

I will say that the speed in which Carluke broke forward was impressive.

Glad the committee were good to you and the players and staff. Best of British for the rest of the season. And, if you want to post any of your pics then please do so :)
Wasn't me that took the squad picture, must have been one of the Talbot guys.

We are fortunate that we have a good quick frontline, our young striker Ian 'Chucky' Watt could easily play at a much higher level and has in the past but he is a Carluke lad and we are fortunate he is committed to us.

I won't post my pictures on here, not the Gers after all, however, you can see the images from yesterdays match via the Rovers website at http://www.carlukerovers.co.uk/auchinleck-talbot-1-v-0-carluke-rovers-11th-november-2017/

Cheers

Wasn't me that took the squad picture, must have been one of the Talbot guys.

We are fortunate that we have a good quick frontline, our young striker Ian 'Chucky' Watt could easily play at a much higher level and has in the past but he is a Carluke lad and we are fortunate he is committed to us.

I won't post my pictures on here, not the Gers after all, however, you can see the images from yesterdays match via the Rovers website at http://www.carlukerovers.co.uk/auchinleck-talbot-1-v-0-carluke-rovers-11th-november-2017/

Cheers

This boy was a superb player back in the day, remember seeing him playing at Murray Park in August 2003 or so.

John fleck played in that team too and I remember being very impressed with our team that night. Think fleck might have been 'playing up' a stage.

I'm surprised no more of that team went in to bigger things but 'chuckey' and fleck were the stand outside along with another lad who played up front and scored a few goals that evening.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Kilwinning rangers v Irvine meadow, Medda were clinical in front of goal, good day out fee beers with my brother And i ended up on it :)

I’ll make more effort to try get to more of the games it was a nice change.

Back