Junior games 12/1/19

colin

Official Ticketer
Talbot v Cumnock in the West of Scotland cup ko 1:30

"should" be a cracker

Is it true Talbot could make in excess of £80,000 for the cup tie v Ayr ?

Phenomenal amount of money if true for a Junior club and should secure Talbots status as the nbr 1 Junior team for years to come

Is it true Talbot could make in excess of £80,000 for the cup tie v Ayr ?

Phenomenal amount of money if true for a Junior club and should secure Talbots status as the nbr 1 Junior team for years to come

I’d doubt it will be quite as much. Us fans will never know the total amount though.

Allegedly made around £35000 from the cup tie v Hearts and that wasn’t televised (but a bigger crowd). Most of that was spent on making the playing surface one of the best about.

Also had to speculate to accumulate. Had to spend cash upfront on various things that were required by the bbc, sfa and the polis. Was told we will only get one shot at it. If there is a harsh frost or snow next week and the game doesn’t go ahead then that money will have been spent for nothing.

I’d also imagine £80000, while a lot of cash, wouldn’t cover most premier league teams budget for a season. We have a squad of about 20. £100 a week (average) over the 40 eeeks the players are paid would take up half for starters.

I’d doubt it will be quite as much. Us fans will never know the total amount though.

Allegedly made around £35000 from the cup tie v Hearts and that wasn’t televised (but a bigger crowd). Most of that was spent on making the playing surface one of the best about.

Also had to speculate to accumulate. Had to spend cash upfront on various things that were required by the bbc, sfa and the polis. Was told we will only get one shot at it. If there is a harsh frost or snow next week and the game doesn’t go ahead then that money will have been spent for nothing.

I’d also imagine £80000, while a lot of cash, wouldn’t cover most premier league teams budget for a season. We have a squad of about 20. £100 a week (average) over the 40 eeeks the players are paid would take up half for starters.
Some amount of stolen coal to pay that wage bill:p:D

Was at the Cumnock Talbot game, while the two teams are shite, the refereee wasted the game with some absolutely awful decisions. Cumnock had a goal chopped off that would have put them 2-1 up that should have stood.

Was at the Cumnock Talbot game, while the two teams are shite, the refereee wasted the game with some absolutely awful decisions. Cumnock had a goal chopped off that would have put them 2-1 up that should have stood.

How those mutant Cumnock bastards finished the game with 11 men on the park only the referee knows

Semple kept them from a hiding.

How those mutant Cumnock bastards finished the game with 11 men on the park only the referee knows

Semple kept them from a hiding.

The keeper did aye, but the linesman had an absolute shocker saying the ball was out. I was on the line and wasn’t out.

I don’t think so, Talbot players were going down barely being touched and then surrounding the ref for everything. Talbot got every decision going.

The standard of football was shocking. Boot it up the park and look for a knock on was all the game was today.

The keeper did aye, but the linesman had an absolute shocker saying the ball was out. I was on the line and wasn’t out.

I don’t think so, Talbot players were going down barely being touched and then surrounding the ref for everything. Talbot got every decision going.

The standard of football was shocking. Boot it up the park and look for a knock on was all the game was today.

We shall agree to disagree :D

They were the same at the junior cup final last year go down quicker than a 10 bob hooker :D:D

Lie last visited the Undertakers' new park just after it opened. Super pie shop! Home team started really well - they're top 4 in League 1. Fairly even 1st half ended goal-less, with few good chances in the blustery winds. Bohme used it to score direct from a corner early in the 2nd half. Late on, sub Josh Payne nipped a 2nd for the visitors, who looked to be cruising. But the Port kept battling & pulled one back from a good ball in from their right side with a few minutes to go. Both teams kept pushing & Lie should've scored again in the 3 min added, but 1-2 fairly reflected a hard fought game in difficult conditions. I may have upset their manager by mentioning the score. Repeatedly :p. Hope they go up; an organised, hardworking side.

Back