Juniors 29 September 2018

Good article by JOD. Didn't know about Davie's daughter; best wishes to her.
ps you'd fear hypothermia in the trek from Garcairn's changing room to their plastic park.

The buffs 2-0 up on beith after 20 mins
Boyalan sent off for 2 yellow 25 mins into second half.
Buffs score a 3rd 10 minutes to go

# buffsinnextroundofScottishcup

Buffs 3 beith 1

soft penalty awarded to beith in the dying minutes- buffs were brilliant today even after going down to 10 men

The referees performance was on par with cheatin Beaton against us - enough said

Talbot 4 Forfar west end 2

Tricky tie for talbot. Rested a few players and changed formation a bit and almost paid the price. 1-1 at halftime when Forfar equalised with a deflected effort just on 45

Two second half goals seemed to have talbot on easy street but pish deeending at a corner let Forfar back in. A nicely taken Calvin kemp goal sealed our place into the next round

Dundee Violet stormed into a 4-0 half time lead against Maryhill FC today. Game ended 4-2 for the famous Pansies at the Theatre of Dreams!

Buffs 3 beith 1

soft penalty awarded to beith in the dying minutes- buffs were brilliant today even after going down to 10 men

The referees performance was on par with cheatin Beaton against us - enough said

Any truth in the rumour that there were some Beith fans hurt by Buffs fans?

Guy I know on the Beith supporters bus said there were some bloodied Beith fans on it.

Any truth in the rumour that there were some Beith fans hurt by Buffs fans?

Guy I know on the Beith supporters bus said there were some bloodied Beith fans on it.
Hearing some young boys starting arguing and throwing insults at one another at the end of the game and it led to fisticuffs- police arrived and taped off the area - couple of boys from beith got sent to hospital - no further info than this

Hearing some young boys starting arguing and throwing insults at one another at the end of the game and it led to fisticuffs- police arrived and taped off the area - couple of boys from beith got sent to hospital - no further info than this
Someone got hit on the face by a bottle and taken to Crosshouse

Lie dominated both halves but needed a late strike to record 3-0 v Forres. Visitors play nice football without a cutting edge. Their keeper looked at fault for our 2nd. Bomme needs to manage his anger issues with team-mates & Tiger's absence didn't help 'lie's uncertain defence, but McNab, Slick & Jamie Gray were excellent. Good luck to Thistle for the long road home & the rest of their season.

Scottish Junior Cup

Arbroath Victoria 0-9 Largs Thistle

Rather a one sided match. Theesel were three goals up in the first eight minutes.

The locals put up a decent resistance at times but Largs ran out comfortable winners.

Nice people and the size of the steak bridies had to be seen to be believed!

Awa the Theesel. :cool:

Lie dominated both halves but needed a late strike to record 3-0 v Forres. Visitors play nice football without a cutting edge. Their keeper looked at fault for our 2nd. Bomme needs to manage his anger issues with team-mates & Tiger's absence didn't help 'lie's uncertain defence, but McNab, Slick & Jamie Gray were excellent. Good luck to Thistle for the long road home & the rest of their season.

I can't stand Arthurlie but delighted for young Jamie Gray.

My mate's boy and a good Bear too.

NS.

Buffs 3 beith 1

Buffs were brilliant, wasn’t totally convinced before the game tbh but they showed today what they are capable of throughout the season. We Are The BUFFS

Scottish Junior Cup

Arbroath Victoria 0-9 Largs Thistle

Rather a one sided match. Theesel were three goals up in the first eight minutes.

The locals put up a decent resistance at times but Largs ran out comfortable winners.

Nice people and the size of the steak bridies had to be seen to be believed!

Awa the Theesel. :cool:

Should have added that we picked up a pair of kippers and two smokies whilst in Arbroath. (It’s de rigueur)!

The kippers were very good.

Cooking tip: Use an oven roasting bag for each kipper after taking the the head and tail off. A bit of butter and seal the neck with a plastic tie. Cook for 10 mins at 200c. Cooked to perfection and no smell.

:)

Check out Calvin Kemp's audacious goal at the 6 minute mark (he's a bear as are the other 2 goalscorers)

Is Graham Wilson the only Tim in the team?

Haha hard to say. If he’s one maybe his brother is one too? Although Stevie was at rangers as a boy.

Neil Mcpherson doesn’t seem to like Gers much going by his tweets but he’s a huge Liverpool fan and doesn’t seem to care about the poets.

Dunno about Gareth Armstrong yet.

Tucker and Alan are bears. Mick McGinn unsurprisingly isn’t :)

So mostly bears which is why we win more often than not :D

Haha hard to say. If he’s one maybe his brother is one too? Although Stevie was at rangers as a boy.

Neil Mcpherson doesn’t seem to like Gers much going by his tweets but he’s a huge Liverpool fan and doesn’t seem to care about the poets.

Used to play with Gordon Mills, what a player ( he wasn't bad either):D

This sir is an accurate and fair assessment of auchinleck residents minus their coal stealing capabilities
I used to work with a guy from Cumnock thet swore Auchinleck was a mentally challenged town and Cumnock was the staunch part.

Neily most definitely is from the dark side

Used to play with Gordon Mills, what a player ( he wasn't bad either):D

He was the ultimate striker. Scored all sorts of goals - headers, tap-ins, howitzer shots, in off his arse - he didn't care. And neither did we :)

I was lucky enough to present him with his award when he was inducted into our Hall of Fame. He gave a great speech. Allegedly fighting the demon drink, a battle I pray he wins.

Hat-trick in a Scottish cup final v Glenafton so will never be forgotten by the Talbot fans

I used to work with a guy from Cumnock thet swore Auchinleck was a mentally challenged town and Cumnock was the staunch part.

Dislike

Not that I've ever lived in either place (thank fuck :D )

Tbf to the guy there is a poet bus that runs from Auchinleck :mad: and RC apparently stands for Rangers/Cumnock :D

He was the ultimate striker. Scored all sorts of goals - headers, tap-ins, howitzer shots, in off his arse - he didn't care. And neither did we :)

I was lucky enough to present him with his award when he was inducted into our Hall of Fame. He gave a great speech. Allegedly fighting the demon drink, a battle I pray he wins.

Hat-trick in a Scottish cup final v Glenafton so will never be forgotten by the Talbot fans
Still see Millsy every now and then, had a pint with him in Helensburgh, didn't really know about his problems then.

Still see Millsy every now and then, had a pint with him in Helensburgh, didn't really know about his problems then.

Maybe I have been misled. I really hope I have.

Not that he will know who I am but pass on my best wishes and thanks.

Back