Jurgen Klopp being an oddball

I’ll be honest, I thought Gerrard could be an arse for no good reason at times. Granted 99% of Scottish journos are cunts but he would take exception to every little turn of phrase- even when talking to English reporters and the likes of Emma Dodds/the h and h guys.

Are Liverpool the mhanks of the EPL? Albeit far less repulsive.

Reading there that a number of clubs had apparently cried foul over Liverpool's reasons for requesting a postponement of the Arsenal game last week. Seemingly their claim of several false positive tests hasn't gone down well considering the statistical improbability. But been decided that there will be no investigation though. Obviously they're not the only club using these postponements to their advantage but seemed a bit more brazen when they were more than happy to play Shrewsbury 3 days later.

There was also a piece about Van Dijk having a sly dig that City have barely been affected by Covid, hinting that the minimal disruptions account for their lead in the table. It likened him to Klopp and his fondness for daft excuses for defeats, usually moaning about petty things or deflecting with off-field issues. Again he won't be the only one doing this but seemed more prevalent and snide than the rest

A manager that seems to expect people to constantly give him pats on the back. I'm a big admirer of his but this is just sheer stupidity. One of the reasons I tend not to watch players and managers speak in the press.

The cups in England are viewed very differently by the top clubs, the first I noticed it was Arsenal, basically fielding reserves until the latter stages. All the big clubs have now adopted that strategy to focus on League and CL.
How many times have City won the league cup in the past 5 years??

I’ll be honest, I thought Gerrard could be an arse for no good reason at times. Granted 99% of Scottish journos are cunts but he would take exception to every little turn of phrase- even when talking to English reporters and the likes of Emma Dodds/the h and h guys.
Poor David Edgar was on the receiving end of one such outburst. I remember at the time feeling sorry for him, it was completely uncalled for. You just know David was crying into his Stevie G pajamas that night as well. :))

The reporter stuttering away doesn’t help.. Changing the question and then stating the obvious “ anything can happen “.
However there is no need for Klopp to be rude.
Agreed re the ’Reporter‘ who failed ask an open ended question…embarrassing!

Overreaction but what was the question. That anything can happen in football. What's he supposed to say. Yes..next question.

He could have said, Yes football is a crazy game, last year it was us hit by injuries and loss of form, this year it could be City. It’s the reason we’ll never give up and keep playing to the best of our ability because we know that if the chance comes we have to take it.

Fairly straightforward, to the point and not dickheadish.

Not a Liverpool fan at all but I’m with Klopp on this. What a stupid question. The reporter probably realised he’d making himself a laughing stick if he asked can anything happen in football, so tried to pad it out with injuries and COVID etc. What a stupid question.

He could have said, Yes football is a crazy game, last year it was us hit by injuries and loss of form, this year it could be City. It’s the reason we’ll never give up and keep playing to the best of our ability because we know that if the chance comes we have to take it.

Fairly straightforward, to the point and not dickheadish.
Or not. Kinda his decision what he says to a stupid question.

If i was one of the top managers in the world and a reporter said to me (paraphrasing) you had so many injuries a year ago, is that a warning anything can happen? I’d have made the cvnt feel like an idiot too…

Be honest it was a shit question and a nervous one. No wonder he couldn’t be arsed with it.

Klopp is generally is a prick but no wonder he couldn’t be bothered trying to understand that nonsense.

A complete throbber of a guy.

A rude, insufferable prick. Granted, the question might not have been the greatest but at least have the common courtesy and decency to let the guy finish speaking then give him an equally mundane answer if you don’t like his question. He doesn’t have to be a wanker and continually interrupt the guy.

Really wish someone would fucking lamp him on the touchline one day.

Quicker he fucks off out of British football the better IMO. Knob.

2 trophies in 8 years with £550m spent would suggest he’s not the best manager around.
Maybe if you look at his net spend in comparison to the other challengers for the title in England you'd see he most definitely is one of the best managers around.

Absolute walloper of a guy. I enjoy when his mask slips when things don’t go his way.

I like him, he's a bit of an emotional character. Plus everyone loves it when one of our managers has been cheeky to a reporter's daft questioning...

What is it with this absolute throbber? Why does he need to try and belittle reporters at every turn? Maybe if he stopped interrupting the reporter could have finished his question.

Added link below to the press conference question, but if you don't have Twitter what happens is that a reporter asks about injuries last season and not knowing what's around the corner and Klopp just keeps interrupting him.

What a jerk!! Ano reporters can be daft, but he tried to make a fool of that poor guy for nothing.

I don’t see much wrong there to be honest.

It’s a stupid question. ‘You have had injuries before, so you think you could get injuries again?’ Is that the best that you can expect of a professional sports journalist?! Come on.

As for Klopp, I would rather have more characters in the game, than dullards like Eddie Howe.

The likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, van Gaal, etc. have all been far harsher than this in the past. It’s a pressure job. Not sure what you expect.

It seems more that you just have an issue with Klopp, probably because of who he manages?
Absolutely correct , it was the reporter who is the stupid and ill informed one.

All the Liverpool haters out in force in this thread.

I like him, he's a bit of an emotional character. Plus everyone loves it when one of our managers has been cheeky to a reporter's daft questioning...
Yes Walter gets the kudos by being rude to Chick Young but hey that’s all ok because it’s Walter, oh and by the way I thought that interview was great viewing .

total double standards by some on this thread.

The cups in England are viewed very differently by the top clubs, the first I noticed it was Arsenal, basically fielding reserves until the latter stages. All the big clubs have now adopted that strategy to focus on League and CL.
It's all about the money, it's as simple as that.

There's a reason why bbc & itv have got the fa cup, its scraps when it comes to money making.

Just the same as us and them are desperate to get into a tournament that we have absolutely no chance in winning. All about how much money is in it for us.

Tims were getting regular hammerings in the cl, but they were still pulling in the cash, so no real harm done. That's where football is these days.

That shite question reminded me of another shite question when the crime reporter in The Long Midnight of Barney Thompson, for want of anything to say, but caught up in the media frenzy, shouts out what he had for breakfast to a bewildered copper leading the press conference, although his question was funnier.

What is it with these English Premier League pundits and journalists (yes I know he is Scottish but he's working in the EPL) making out that everything that happens in that league is unique to it cos its such a special league?

Every team in every league can suffer injuries and lose form ffs.

Ps Klopp is still a fud.

Pretty sure the reporter would have ended up asking the question better had Klopp not immediately started pulling faces.

Klopp reminds me of what Sturgeon does these days facing the media, pulling over the top stupid faces.

Undoubtedly a good manager but a right weirdo at times,especially the covid vaccine pish.
Just do your job and shut the fcuk up you clown.

Are Liverpool the mhanks of the EPL? Albeit far less repulsive.

Reading there that a number of clubs had apparently cried foul over Liverpool's reasons for requesting a postponement of the Arsenal game last week. Seemingly their claim of several false positive tests hasn't gone down well considering the statistical improbability. But been decided that there will be no investigation though. Obviously they're not the only club using these postponements to their advantage but seemed a bit more brazen when they were more than happy to play Shrewsbury 3 days later.

There was also a piece about Van Dijk having a sly dig that City have barely been affected by Covid, hinting that the minimal disruptions account for their lead in the table. It likened him to Klopp and his fondness for daft excuses for defeats, usually moaning about petty things or deflecting with off-field issues. Again he won't be the only one doing this but seemed more prevalent and snide than the rest
Yes to your question, they are the mhanks of England.

Bang out of order man!!! Chick was clearly trying to make fool out of him saying his signings weren't good enough!!

Your a wrong ane!!
Don’t think so mate , if you read further when I said Iliked what Walter did then you would realise I was just calling out double standards by some of our posters.

I’ve never been able to warm to him - it all seems like such an act to be this zany German dude who is all smiles.

Clearly a great manager but I don’t think he is nearly as wonderful as the hype around him demands.

A complete throbber of a guy.

A rude, insufferable prick. Granted, the question might not have been the greatest but at least have the common courtesy and decency to let the guy finish speaking then give him an equally mundane answer if you don’t like his question. He doesn’t have to be a wanker and continually interrupt the guy.

Really wish someone would fucking lamp him on the touchline one day.

Quicker he fucks off out of British football the better IMO. Knob.
So you like him then.

Don’t think so mate , if you read further when I said Iliked what Walter did then you would realise I was just calling out double standards by some of our posters.
Get out of here man!! Chick questioned his signings??

Said reporter didn't say anything to warrant klopp to act the way he did!

Back