Jurgen Klopp being an oddball

GovanFront4

What is it with this absolute throbber? Why does he need to try and belittle reporters at every turn? Maybe if he stopped interrupting the reporter could have finished his question.

Added link below to the press conference question, but if you don't have Twitter what happens is that a reporter asks about injuries last season and not knowing what's around the corner and Klopp just keeps interrupting him.

It was a poor question but they are football managers. They are asked banal questions on a daily basis. Klopp though seemingly goes out of his way to belittle people. He's become embittered. Mourinho went the same way.
Ironically if the reporter asked a good question about tactical mistakes he made or how he managed to chuck away a two goal lead to Chelsea, then he would probably have done the same thing.

I really hope they have been caught manipulating the Covid tests.

Ironically if the reporter asked a good question about tactical mistakes he made or how he managed to chuck away a two goal lead to Chelsea, then he would probably have done the same thing.

I really hope they have been caught manipulating the Covid tests.
He's never done moaning about the fixture list, the burden on the players, the festive schedule etc. I find it difficult to sympathise with clubs who literally have spent billions of pounds on players. Use your fcuking squad and shut up mate.

What is it with this absolute throbber? Why does he need to try and belittle reporters at every turn? Maybe if he stopped interrupting the reporter could have finished his question.

Added link below to the press conference question, but if you don't have Twitter what happens is that a reporter asks about injuries last season and not knowing what's around the corner and Klopp just keeps interrupting him.

I don’t see much wrong there to be honest.

It’s a stupid question. ‘You have had injuries before, so you think you could get injuries again?’ Is that the best that you can expect of a professional sports journalist?! Come on.

As for Klopp, I would rather have more characters in the game, than dullards like Eddie Howe.

The likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, van Gaal, etc. have all been far harsher than this in the past. It’s a pressure job. Not sure what you expect.

It seems more that you just have an issue with Klopp, probably because of who he manages?

He's never done moaning about the fixture list, the burden on the players, the festive schedule etc. I find it difficult to sympathise with clubs who literally have spent billions of pounds on players. Use your fcuking squad and shut up mate.
Think he's been in one domestic cup final because he struggles to balance his squad between the league and cups.

I don’t see much wrong there to be honest.

It’s a stupid question. ‘You have had injuries before, so you think you could get injuries again?’ Is that the best that you can expect of a professional sports journalist?! Come on.

As for Klopp, I would rather have more characters in the game, than dullards like Eddie Howe.

The likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, van Gaal, etc. have all been far harsher than this in the past. It’s a pressure job. Not sure what you expect.

It seems more than you just have an issue with Klopp, probably because of who he manages?

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to English football.

There's a difference between characters and being plain rude.

Klopp like many managers is the type who is jovial when things are going his way and he’s winning matches and on his way to success, and very rude, abrupt and nasty when things aren’t going his way.
100%. I have no issue with managers defending players if they are being questioned by the media. But this was a banal question with no malice from the reporter.

I’m with Klopp. The “reporter” is basically asking Klopp to confirm that “anything can happen in this league”? Eh? What a stupid question, badly phrased by someone who would be out of his depth in a puddle. I’d have lost patience with the idiot too.

Perhaps if a few more managers gave such short shrift to these imbeciles then the media would start employing reporters who can actually form a sentence and who could ask pertinent questions.

I’m with Klopp. The “reporter” is basically asking Klopp to confirm that “anything can happen in this league”? Eh? What a stupid question, badly phrased by someone who would be out of his depth in a puddle. I’d have lost patience with the idiot too.

Perhaps if a few more managers gave such short shrift to these imbeciles then the media would start employing reporters who can actually form a sentence and who could ask pertinent questions.
Oh don't worry he gets weird when asked a question about tactics too.

"I'm not the Pope of tactics telling people what they have to do. "

As soon as he ditched the specs and got new teeth he changed. Gone off him quite a bit as a neutral... Used to love him

It’s funny how that kinda is how it happened. I think maybe his estimations of himself/his team changed from Dortmund to Liverpool, and so has he.

Thought he became full bellend when he celebrated like winning the World Cup with last minute winner vs Everton, only because if it had been the other way around the guy would quite rightly have been going mental after.

Also does me in when he’s always moaning, particularly about Burnley/Dyche. They’ve got the advantage of spending 100s of M on the best players about and harvesting all the best talent from the smaller teams, yet he still doesn’t have enough. I’d get it if he’s crying about Man City, but it’s fuckin Burnley.

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to English football.

There's a difference between characters and being plain rude.
That’s not rude. You get far worse in press conferences every single week.

Society is too weak nowadays and we are being conditioned to take offence at anything that we disagree with in any way.

What do we think people would be saying about Jock Wallace nowadays?

That’s not rude. You get far worse in press conferences every single week.

Society is too weak nowadays and we are being conditioned to take offence at anything that we disagree with in any way.

What do we think people would be saying about Jock Wallace nowadays?
I would hope Jock Wallace wouldn't continually interrupt people while being asked a question. Managers like Klopp are paid far too much money to get uppity at such a banal question. It's not the first time either.

I read the comments on this thread before watching the clip. Have to say that I expected something far worse that what I just watched. It’s just your standard “manager reacts to daft question” routine. We’ve all seen it before, it’s nothing new and certainly no different to what / how other managers react.

Probably not, think that's obvious, but for Liverpool to spend that money and then watch clubs like Leicester win it must be very disappointing for the fans. They will say they don't rank the cups highly, but you can bet if they were to win the FA Cup they would be celebrating it and rightly so.
Of course they’d celebrate it but for the big 3 it’s all about be the EPL and the CL the domestic cups are just a nice bonus

I enjoyed it when he called out Roy Keane that time. "What was that Mr Keane" - awkward and funny

Probably not, think that's obvious, but for Liverpool to spend that money and then watch clubs like Leicester win it must be very disappointing for the fans. They will say they don't rank the cups highly, but you can bet if they were to win the FA Cup they would be celebrating it and rightly so.
That's a very silly thing to say TBF

Klopp is Klopp, he always has been. He's emotive on the touchline and in media duties. He can be Mr Smiley one second then flips 180 and becomes a grumpy git.
The standard of questioning from journalists has went so far downhill, maybe its due to the over-exposure of top flight football and managers/players being in press conferences constantly, there are only so many questions to ask.

He's done a fantastic job at Liverpool in the main on less of a budget than his rivals. Last season stunk of his last season at Dortmund and running players into the ground, IMO he's also not improved key areas of the team like CB and CM. Guys like Matip and Kieta will only get you so far.

If Gerrard had said similar (which he often did - although not quite as directly) when he was with us it would have been lapped up and that he doesn’t take any shit from the media etc.
Gerrard handled some media duties pretty poorly in his time here. Generally it was all good, but he let himself down a couple of times snapping at reporters for no real reason.

Back