Jurgen Klopp.Yay Or Nay

Used to like him but not so much now.
Salah has gone off the boil as well.
They miss Sane badly but it is funny watching Liverpool struggle.

Klopp is a very good manager. However, teams have a life cycle, and get broken up eventually. Liverpool have had a great group of players these past five years and will eventually run their course.

Some have a very unhealthy obsession some Liverpool :))
It happens with long term successful clubs who dominate for years. I grew up when Liverpool lorded it in England and to an extent Europe. They are hated by almost every supporter of clubs they walked over during that time. Even the ones who only heard it from their parents.

Similarly Man utd down there and us up here.

I think the scum get a free ride here because most people know their "success" was down to us being kicked down the league's.

He's relied heavily on the same core group. Always felt there was a lack of depth to his Liverpool squad.

Great manager but he reminds me of Arsene Wenger with his excuses and its never his fault when they don't win attitude. They have so far failed to replace Mane, and players like Milner and Firmino aren't going to win you a title anymore, definitely need a few new faces to refresh the squad.

I hope he gets it together in time for the weekend because I want to see United humiliated again, and as things stand it wouldn’t be a shock if Ten Hag’s first points came against Liverpool where everyone will expect them to get a tanking.

Clearly needs to do some work in the transfer market. Midfield lacking, new season - same players out injured.

Monday night at Old Trafford will be interesting.

Have you been watching Man Utd?

FWIW Klopp is a prick and his scattergun approach to blaming everything and anything whenever they drop points is hilarious to watch. Robertson's a wee prick as well.
I would love a manager like Klopp. He would be banned for life here if he called out what was going on, but he would do it anyway.

They have been constantly linked with Bellingham and apparently they have an agreement in place to sign him next summer but he is exactly the type of player they need right now.

As much as Man City have spent tons of cash, Man Utd are the perfect example of how big budgets don't autoamtically mean success in the EPL. Everyone is spending hundreds of millions down there.
That's true, but by the same reckoning, the fact that Liverpool have been the only realistic challengers to City over the past 5 years, despite Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc also spending a lot of cash, shows they must be doing something right.

That's true, but by the same reckoning, the fact that Liverpool have been the only realistic challengers to City over the past 5 years, despite Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc also spending a lot of cash, shows they must be doing something right.

Yip - he's called Pep Guardiola.

Great manager but he reminds me of Arsene Wenger with his excuses and its never his fault when they don't win attitude. They have so far failed to replace Mane, and players like Milner and Firmino aren't going to win you a title anymore, definitely need a few new faces to refresh the squad.
Is there any top manager that doesn't make excuses. Mourinho is the worst for it IMHO, but they all do it.

It's fine margins at the top but let's be honest , the money Man City throw at the league etc means they are just going to get further and further away.

It wasn’t in the eyes of the OP but instead of ignoring the thread you feel the need to call his question “stupid”

Symptomatic of a lot on this board. Feel they need to berate someone rather than just not bother.
Nope, it's still a daft question

His pre match interview last night was cringe. Must spend most of his time fisting himself in front of a mirror.

In 7 seasons at Liverpool he has won a Champions League,Premier League,FA Cup and a League Cup.
Is he classed as a success or a failure?
For me he is somewhere in the middle
Honestly don't see him as somewhere in the middle done fantastic for Liverpool so success for me

This place is absolutely mental if there are people thinking Klopp hasn’t been a great success at Liverpool.
Success to me is trophies. For as good as Liverpool have been since he took over, he hasn't delivered as much on that front. Seems to perennially finish runners-up. What can you do though in a league with City? Were the better team on the night against Real Madrid in the UCL, but lost...

To me, if he wants to be remembered as a success, he'll have to win another league or two at least surely.

I think Liverpool’s recruitment for a few windows was absolutely spot on. Selling Coutinho for so much and reinvesting the cash in Allison and VVD was terrific business and took them to another level.

Now they are at the point where they need to do similar again. Be interesting to see if they can pull it off again.

I think Liverpool’s recruitment for a few windows was absolutely spot on. Selling Coutinho for so much and reinvesting the cash in Allison and VVD was terrific business and took them to another level.

Now they are at the point where they need to do similar again. Be interesting to see if they can pull it off again.
This
Allison and VVD completely transformed them

Is the guy that ended a near 30 year wait for a title, and has his team consistently challenging for honours on all fronts a success? Yeh I’d say so.

From where the club are now though, he really needs another league title.
There 7 years. Spent hundreds of millions. Won same amount of PLs are Blackburn and Leicester.

Overall he’s done well in a crazy competitive league, however, he comes across as a whingy little fud when results don’t go his way.

I’d have more respect for a manager who deals with defeats with a bit more dignity sometimes, and his big massive gnashers offend me.

Top top manager. Competing against an absolute powerhouse in man city and pep and doing a great job.

Also his style of football is the one style that can exploit pep's system. Fascinating rivalry for me.

Klopp, pep and Ancelotti are the best in the world I'd say

People bitching about his fashion choice ffs?

Bunch of wannabe Gok Wan’s in here….

Clearly an outstanding manager and a huge success.

Back