Just one fave ever Ranger and why?

It's got to be Walter. I didn't know Rangers without him until I was nearly an adult. He epitomised everything a "Rangers Man" should be.

God it still hurts when you suddenly remember he's gone.

Ian Ferguson.Obviously we have had more skilful players but Fergie was the ultimate for me.
He hated that mob and if he wasn't a player then you know he would have been in the crowd

Andy Goram. Was my hero growing up as a kid. Wanted to be him so badly. When he wore those extra protective layers for his knees that meant I also had to wear joggies under my full goalie kit in an attempt to replicate what he had.
Finally met him at the age of 21 and will never forget his general gratitude, he even chucked some signed goalie my way which made the experience of meeting my hero a truly wonderful moment. Welling up just typing this Haha.

Just one...wow that's hard, but for me Sandy Jardine. Everything a Ranger should be both on and off the park. His service to our club was exemplary. We kind of take his excellence on the park for granted now, but in the 70's Sandy was already playing the right back role in a similar way to the great full backs of this era are. Athletic, Stamina, Attacking, Goals and Assists, but boy could he defend too. Off the park we will never forget that he stood tallest 10 years ago, alongside McCoist. When the true Legends of our football club are debated in another 50 years, and those of us who saw him play have gone, he will still be a name we revere like Struth, Waddell, Meiklejohn, Gray, Wilton, the Founding Fathers, Greig, Morton still are from previous generations.

I always like Barry Ferguson moaning wee bar steward but loved his attitude not taking second best. Could battle with anyone and had the ability to play as well.

Big Jorg.

When i was growing up i had the Smith and Advocast years. Some great players thrived in one of those - Ally, Gazza, Laudrup, Ferguson, Mols etc. but Albertz seemed to link them together.

He always seemed to come up with a goal in so many big games. Often out of nothing, he would hit one from 30 yards just when we needed it.

Super Ally , just for who he is and what he achieved as a True Ranger
Bought for an average fee in the 80s in a struggling Rangers team who were dominated by Aberdeen and Dee utd
“Ally , Ally . Get tae %^*& “
We all sung it but he stuck it out and became the
Greatest goal scorer who could score with 2 golden boots on either feet and the glue that kept our club together during some dark times
Super Davie Cooper is very close
But Ally is S T B
Wee Bud, took no shit from anyone.

Colin Stein

Although I had heroes before him (Eric Caldow, Baxter, Jim Forrest) and after (Coop, Super Ally) big Colin was the main man when I started following Rangers on my own, without adult supervision. I loved the man and had his pictures all over my bedroom in my early teens.
A proper centre forward and as hard as nails.

Super Ally

What he done as a player was absolutely incredible. An assistant manager to the great Walter Smith a legend of the game and club, then as a manager, to stick by the club while people walked away, turned their backs on us, he too stood there shoulder to shoulder and was counted for.

Ally '' We will never EVER go away, that is for sure''

super.jpg

Super Ally

What he done as a player was absolutely incredible. An assistant manager to the great Walter Smith a legend of the game and club, then as a manager, to stick by the club while people walked away, turned their backs on us, he too stood there shoulder to shoulder and was counted for.

Ally '' We will never EVER go away, that is for sure''

super.jpg
This x 100

Harold Davis..........Took my autograph book into the dressing and got the whole team to sign it. Ritchie , Shearer , Caldow, etc, etc. Also, a war hero .

Davie Cooper - in the pre Souness times, he was a diamond in a pile of coal and after 1986 when Souness arrived he flourished among the better players, a true joy to watch at times and he really could have played for any of the top sides on the continent he was that good.

Can’t believe that there is only one passing mention of Richard Gough- and that in a post with 20 other names.
He is the best captain the vast majority of folks on here will have seen in the flesh.
Led us to 9 in a row and had some monumental performances in doing so and epitomised being a Ranger.
Of the players I have seen playing, he would be in my top 4 alongside Greig, Ally, Sandy Jardine. The others are a level below that.

There's been better players who played for the club for longer periods but for me it's.
The Hammer Jorg Albertz.He scored some astounding goals particularly against Celtic.
At his best he had a rocket of a shot and we could do with his powerful driving attacking style of play today.

I know that there have been better players, but I just thought that Novo gave everything and grew to love us, as we did him.

There's been better players who played for the club for longer periods but for me it's.
The Hammer Jorg Albertz.He scored some astounding goals particularly against Celtic.
At his best he had a rocket of a shot and we could do with his powerful driving attacking style of play today.
he delivered in massive games and ive never seen a player for us where i was happy for him shooting from anywhere.

Back