Just one fave ever Ranger and why?

My first true love was Mark Walters. I wanted to play like him, the trickery and skill, the pace, goals. He was an incredible player.

We have had so many top player's over the years that I can't choose just one admire so many for what they done for us

Sandy Jardine , and thats not even seeing him play,simply for the way he took his role, as the fighting fund ambassador , in our clubs hour of need he was at the forefront of the march, and he was in our corner every step of the way.

Gazza was the only here for a short time. Laudrup was better anyway but for any bear to have been growing up at that time and the answer not to be Ally McCoist is a mystery to me
Was only 9-10 when he was with us, so even though it was a short time it felt longer back then

Gazza was the only here for a short time. Laudrup was better anyway but for any bear to have been growing up at that time and the answer not to be Ally McCoist is a mystery to me
it's no mystery to me
Paul Gascoigne is greatest player I've seen in a Rangers jersey ,here for a short time of not .the man was sensational
Super Ally is a legend and having watched him his whole time with us ,he was tremendous and is Rangers through and through.but it will always be Gazza for me.

it's no mystery to me
Paul Gascoigne is greatest player I've seen in a Rangers jersey ,here for a short time of not .the man was sensational
Super Ally is a legend and having watched him his whole time with us ,he was tremendous and is Rangers through and through.but it will always be Gazza for me.
He wasn’t even the best player in the Rangers team he played in. Great player, one of the greatest British players of all time but Laudrup was the best player in that side by an absolute mile. Probably the greatest player to pull the on the jersey.

Yet Super is still my favourite player ever Ranger.

He wasn’t even the best player in the Rangers team he played in. Great player, one of the greatest British players of all time but Laudrup was the best player in that side by an absolute mile. Probably the greatest player to pull the on the jersey.

Yet Super is still my favourite player ever Ranger.
Mate it's all about opinions
But Brian laudrup was miles better than Paul Gascoigne??

No chance for goodness sake that's absolute nonsense

Up until recent years it was easily Barry.
I envied that guy something stupid, loved him, idolised him.
I still do.
But I reckon Tav has stolen my heart now.

I can’t really pick between the 2
Barry has the trophies, CM, the swagger on the park, moaning faced bastard.

Tav has one hell of a story, from the Championship to a European Final. Goals, assists, a marathon man who’s always there, leads by example and one incident aside with dogs he’s been an exemplary representative for the club as well.

Barry takes it though, childhood idol.

Albertz. Hard to say why really, obviously there has been better players and longer serving ones etc. But I just loved him, the way that as a foreigner he totally took to the club and had genuine affection for us, plus the free kicks and power he could strike a ball.

And he loved scoring against them

My Fav ever Ranger and importantly why...he was an accomplished skillful footballer with more than a hint of left field in him.
His main job was to play football and win on the park but would always find the right time to play to the gallery.
He was the fans true entertainer of all time and he knew it.

gn1l.png

Laudrup for someone i watched many times.

What Bill Struth done for us and his service along with what he won cant be matched by anyone.

So many greats, I have great memories of Derek Parlane great player remember the goal against Bayern as if it was yesterday, he also dated a miss world

So many greats, I have great memories of Derek Parlane great player remember the goal against Bayern as if it was yesterday, he also dated a miss world

Tom Forsyth. He was my favourite when I was a wee laddie, so got to vote for him ahead of Super Ally, Sandy Jardine and Brian Laudrup in a photo finish.

Mate it's all about opinions
But Brian laudrup was miles better than Paul Gascoigne??

No chance for goodness sake that's absolute nonsense
Don’t think it’s crazy to say he was a good bit better though. Especially for Rangers, Gazza gave us one exceptional season and maybe a good half season. Think Gazza’s name being so big within Britain tends to skew peoples perception a bit.

Souness. He arrived at the perfect time for me as a young bluenose. He delivered the first title I could remember (and I was in tears on the park in Aberdeen when we did it.)

He delivered the best performance I’ve ever seen in a blue jersey on New Year’s Day 1987. He lorded it over the tramps and took no shit from anyone - a key constituent in any Rangers player’s makeup.

A big downside was his leaving, and the way he left, but encapsulating my love for our beautiful club, he was the man: he put it on steroids for me!

Super Ally.
I'm in 80s child who grew up watching him bang the goals in. Being from EK always helped too.

Grew up with mum and dad claiming to know him (went to school together etc etc) as everyone in EK seems to have done.
Was about 12 or so and we were going on holiday and from across the gate at airport Super Ally shouts my dads nickname, comes over and big cuddles. I was awestruck.

Don’t think it’s crazy to say he was a good bit better though. Especially for Rangers, Gazza gave us one exceptional season and maybe a good half season. Think Gazza’s name being so big within Britain tends to skew peoples perception a bit.
Didn't affect my perception tbh

I always liked Gaza'long before he came to us ,of course laudrup was sensational also,there's no a doubt about that.
You can argue about consistency and how long he was here for and other things,but for me Paul Gascoigne is not only my favourite Rangers player but the best player I've seen in a Rangers jersey.

again it's all about opinions

It most definitely started with my first game and the player was Cooper.

While that memory still endures, McCoist has to number one.

Hard choice as having a solid top 5 however in my era despite him a typical winger when not always running the game it has to be Cooper. He was my idol who I met many times, broke my heart when he passed.

Super Ally , just for who he is and what he achieved as a True Ranger
Bought for an average fee in the 80s in a struggling Rangers team who were dominated by Aberdeen and Dee utd
“Ally , Ally . Get tae %^*& “
We all sung it but he stuck it out and became the
Greatest goal scorer who could score with 2 golden boots on either feet and the glue that kept our club together during some dark times
Super Davie Cooper is very close
But Ally is S T B
Yea Super for me.I’ll never forget his hat trick against the tramps in the league cup final.What a bright spot that was in a dismal period.
Shut those cunts up to a week or so.

Sandy Jardine, carried the fight on and off the park.
Despite being a Hearts fan and wanting to finish his career with them, he returned to Ibrox and carried on in the tradition and dignity of a great Ranger.
Would have been Big John, but Sandy was more my era growing up

John Brown.
Gave 100% when he wore the Jersey, and when we were in the mire he was one of the very few who stood beside us.

Blue pound chasers on Rtv etc weren't to be seen when the chips were down!

Sorry, can’t reduce it to one. Baxter, W.Johnston, Laudrup, Gascoigne. ( if he hadn’t got injured Mols would have been added to the list).
There’ve been other great players but alas just a shade down from those mentioned imo.

Mark Hateley. Fearless, brave and direct. Scorer of 2 of my favourite goals - v Leeds at Elland Road and a towering header for England v Brazil in Rio. His dad Tony was also my late dads favourite player when he was at Notts County. So a bit of sentimentality too I think.

Back