Just for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If we win on Saturday they can only equal our points total so can't afford to drop any points.

Yes.

There is 7 games remaining this season (we've both played 31), meaning a maximum 21 points available.

We currently have 85 points.

Celtic can reach a maximum total of 88 points.

If we win on Saturday then we would move to 88 points, so any Celtic slip up would result in us winning the league as they would no longer be able to reach our total.

I'll say it before anyone does :)):

If we win, we're basically champions. Even if we lost all our remaining games and they won all of theirs, we'd still be champions due to the our vastly superior difference.
I can't remember what it was but a little while back I worked it out as them needing 3 or 3.5 goals per game without answer from winning their remaining games if we were to win just 1-0 so they could either equal or just over take us on goal difference if we lost all our remaining games.

Could be talking bs

we win on sat we are champions .no way they are overhauling such a vast goal difference in 7 games no matter what they do on sun .beers at the ready :))

I'll be celebrating only when it's completely irreversible.

A win for us, and draw for them means *officially* we need the 1pt at CP to fully take us over the line.

We could draw or next 2 games and its won.

We win on sat thats it over for me and I will be celebrating wont be official but its over.

Not that its not already over :)

After the weekend, take your shoes and socks off. Using all available digits, count how many points we are ahead. If you use up all digits, or run out, then we are the champions. (Previous work place accidents aside). :))

No offence OP but I honestly think some people must live on the moon.

Haven’t we all been living and breathing this? I don’t know how anyone can still not know what we mathematically need.

As it stands today, the only way we can be certain of taking the league to Sharkhead to win it, is by losing on Saturday

(disclaimer, we better fucking not)

I'll say it before anyone else does :)):

If we win, we're basically champions. Even if we lost all our remaining games and they won all of theirs, we'd still be champions due to our vastly superior difference.
That’s not strictly true.
Lose all our games and they win all theirs and baring in mind each plus goal diff for them in the games v us is equivalent to a two goal swing.

It would definitely be neck and neck after the last game.

Don’t tell Timmy though, he’ll think Terry Munro has risen from the dead.

Have they stopped teaching the 3 times table in schools?
I know the mistake hes made and he wont be the only one whos done it. We need 4 points, hes just forgot to take the points Celtc have dropped in the OP scenario off the 4 point total and just based it on us winning 4 points.

I'll say it before anyone else does :)):

If we win, we're basically champions. Even if we lost all our remaining games and they won all of theirs, we'd still be champions due to our vastly superior difference.
But if we lost all our games and they won all of theirs then the goal difference would no longer be vastly superior :)

If we win on Sat and they only draw on Sunday is it all over?

No, long way to go yet.It’s only over when the SFA officially declare it & hand over the trophy.

Up until that point they could ignore the generally accepted most points totals and award it to someone for, say, having the most green and grey hoops on their tops or most convicted paedophiles from their club. You just never know with that shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back